• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Truegho

Truegho

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:33 PM

One of the most famous urban legends is that of Bloody Mary. A few movies have been made based on this story.

Do you all think there is really any truth in the legend of Bloody Mary, or do you think the story has been embellished and distorted too much - as is often the case with many urban legends - over the years?

One thing I DO know: true or not, it's a BAD_WORD scary story!

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:39 AM

Possible, the power of visualization, empowering it with our own emotions, and the darker entities around us which attaches themselves to the thoughts we create.
Posted Image

#3 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

All I can say is this urban Legend creeps me out. Haven't tried it, don't really have the guts to. *shudder*

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#4 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:31 AM

Have any of you all tried it? We did when we were young but we didn't take it very seriously. Just did it to scare ourselves (and it worked).

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#5 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:19 PM

Haven't tried it. I admit it, I'm a bit of a chicken when it comes to Bloody Mary.

Posted Image

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

#6 Truegho

Truegho

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

Yeah, I'd like to be that many people have tried this "Bloody Mary" ritual over the years. Very foolish, just like messing around with the Ouija board.

#7 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

Whiiiiiiiiich is another thing that I've heard too many nasty experiences to consider trying.

Posted Image

#8 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:29 AM

I'm one of those people with an innate fear of mirrors anyway and I think it stems from seeing something about Bloody Mary on television as a very young child, lol.

Anyway, there are so many different variants of the Bloody Mary legend that its hard to say which ones are more...accurate...in terms of holding a grain of truth than others, especially when you start getting into regional variants based off local legends.

However, I will say that like similar to scrying, when you sit and stare by candlelight into a dark mirror, chanting, you're basically inducing a state of hypnagogia and you WILL start to see distortions and possibly hallucinations depending on how far you take it and how susceptible you are.
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#9 Ravus Aranea

Ravus Aranea

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:All things paranormal.All religious beliefs and practices. Superstitions.Collecting books. Writing.Creating with my hands, what my mind's eye imagines.

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:17 AM

The very first seance we ever attempted as children involved this legend. I was around age nine. When nothing actually happened....I got up from the table and shoved my chair back and yelled "I don't believe in ghosts anyway!"....in a split second the entire building beside us (which was an old wooden barn) started rattling and shaking like an earthquake was taking place! I ran hysterically to my mother and made her unlock the barn to prove to me my brother was not inside and somehow creating the disturbance. He was not inside. I think that is when I got hooked. There were several witnesses...all of whom never participated in those types of adventures again. That was 42 years ago...and I stand by my story to this day.

#10 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:03 PM

I have never really tried it, but depending upon the mental state of the person, anything is possible.

Posted Image

#11 Ravus Aranea

Ravus Aranea

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:All things paranormal.All religious beliefs and practices. Superstitions.Collecting books. Writing.Creating with my hands, what my mind's eye imagines.

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:13 PM

It's a fact that many myths and legends are rooted in truth....lets research this one shall we? and it is also a fact that great minds are seldom understood....one person's mental disorder may be another person's genius.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users