Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Instrumental TransCommunication (ITC) - Our Topic of the Month!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

Dear Ghostvillagers,
When you stick around the paranormal world for a while, chances are you’re going to see some weird stuff… please don’t be offended by the word “weird.” Weird is good. Weird is different. It’s beyond the everyday. There are times when I’m on an investigation looking at the ways people are trying to make contact and I can’t help but think we’re all weird. Very, very weird.

What makes us think that if there are spirits, they can communicate? What makes us think we’re interpreting the message if they are sending one? And how could we prove this to anyone else? Shoot, how can we prove this to ourselves?

I’ve said many times that you can’t remove “belief” from the equation. That’s why I don’t believe the paranormal will ever be considered science. That doesn’t make it less real. That doesn’t mean it’s not there. We just can’t count on it.

Which brings me to Instrumental Transcommunication, or ITC. The idea is to use electronic devices to try and interface in some way with spirit energies. This makes sense to some degree: if the electromagnetic spectrum is being manipulated by some intelligent force, then we should be able to “tune in,” the same way you tune in to a radio signal. If you know the frequency, then you can hear the latest Miley Cyrus song… then you can change the station and tune into something good.

What started with talking boards, automatic writing, and mediums has turned to EVP, EMF meters, night vision cameras, and other devices even more intricate. Many of us suspect that there’s something out there. So we turn to these devices for validation. And in some cases, we get profound results that make even hardened skeptics scratch their heads.

Posted ImageA few months ago, I started experimenting with one of Bill Chappell’s modified Microsoft Kinect cameras. Bill’s company, Digital Dowsing, has been making devices like the Ovilus, Paranormal Puck, and EM pump for the last several years. But this camera, for me anyway, brings things to a new level.

If you’ve ever seen someone play X-Box Kinect, you might know the camera. It reads your body motion and then the player in the game makes the same movements. The camera was developed for game play and custom animations. It's built to recognize and interpret human movement and points on the human body. When it finds those points, it maps the person. So here’s the kicker… sometimes this modified camera is finding figures that aren’t there.

I was using this camera at a haunt back in November. While I was standing in front of the camera, I could see on the monitor that the software had mapped my body and turned it into a stick figure. Then suddenly, another stick figure was standing next to me. And it turns out that this figure was standing right in front of what was once a doorway.

Though the event lasted only a few seconds, my mind was blown. Had this camera peered into the infrared part of the spectrum and discovered what it interpreted to be a human standing next to me? All of this deserves further study. It’s an exciting time to be in the paranormal.

As we welcome in 2014, I’m looking forward to a new year filled with exciting events, adventures, learning, and growing. I wish the same for you!

Supernaturally yours,

Jeff Belanger
Mayor of Ghostvillage.com
Twitter: @THEJeffBelanger
Facebook: Jeff Belanger
YouTube: www.youtube.com/legendtripping

Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#2 spooky joe

spooky joe

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:58 PM

interesting - something i have been playing with for a while is here : http://www.seeingwithsound.com/ .... the page explains all and it works with a standard webcam or whatever - readers may like to download it and see if they get any results http://www.seeingwithsound.com/

what it does is convert pictures into sound a bit like a scanning radar or echo location like bats use - movement or any object unseen will produce a differeing sound pattern - takes a while to get used to but .....

you dont say how exactly the "modified " xbox camera works - some "general " details would be interesting ( as obviously they guy selling the modifed cameras is not going to give away his secrets )

#3 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:45 PM

Oooo, cool! I saw this on an episode of Ghost Adventures (please don't shoot me...) and thought it was interesting.

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#4 greg_dragonlvr

greg_dragonlvr

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Camping, wilderness adventures, ancient engineering, modern physics and electronics, martial arts and native cultures.

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:27 PM

As far as the hardware is concerned, it is pretty straight forward. IR projectors and full spectrum cameras make up the sensor package. It is the software suite is the driving engine. There are any number of web sites that go through the specifics.
I have to agree that science is never going to provide more than secondary evidence. No technology to date has shown to be a consistent tool. They nibble about the edges almost getting it. On the faith end of things, I am not sure we are supposed to know for sure.

Can't Fall Off the Floor

#5 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:41 AM

The problem with ITC in general is that most don't take the time to undestand how the electronics actually works. Some drive electronics into a state of oscillation claiming the results will allow spirits to communicate. They don't understand that when any electronic circuit oscillates it operates in non-linear regions of its response curve. Anything that comes through is severely dstorted. Then when this random patterns happens to form something they think its paranormal. I have sen them point tv caeras at the monitor and claim to see a face on the screen. Pure garbage! It would be akin to turning up the PA system till the mic squeals then trying to hear the speake over all the noise.

Consider how the Kinect system works. It looks for certain key points and their relative position to each other. Once it locks onto those points it can follow them as they change position. Fair enough, but the example fails to consider that any other objects which just happen to fit the pattern of a human may also trigger.

Tio use the example (and I don't have the actual data set so I can't say this is prcisely what happened but it does fall within the parameters set by Kinect) Suppose the system locks onto a series of points some of which are comprised of the doorframe and the person nearby. It may paint a false pattern using those points. Of coure when some of the change position, i.e. those of the person. while those in teh door frmae remain constant the overall pattern falls outside the range allowed by th software. The false image then disappears, which is exactly what happened in the description given.

Before considering the Kinect as a valid means of spirit detection considerable work will need to be done to first limit the points to only those generated by a spirit (no idea how we might do THAT!) and also define the shape o a spirit so software recognition can know one if and when it detects it!

#6 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:59 AM

Wish I had that here wonder what would show up.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#7 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

Caverat, you hit the nail on the head I believe! I asked to see the picture closer, but that didn't happen. But that was what I felt about it, but I couldn't put it into understandable words! I think you are exactly right about how that works! Thanks!
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users