Just Call Me Jesse's Last Poster Wins Game

• Please log in to reply
348 replies to this topic

#316 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:12 PM

So how goes the week for everyone?

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#317 balo

balo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:25 AM

The US is starting to pay a little more attention.  It's weird that we aren't with the rest of the world in loving football and using the metric system.  Maybe soon smile.png

The US is a little slow in paying attention to football because you have your own football (the NFL). Your team though at least makes the World Cup. Canada hasn't in a while LOL.

Moonie, Spain has been eliminated!

So how goes the week for everyone?

Well I took tomorrow off just to rest.

#318 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

Canada has the world beat with their hockey, though, right?  The best of the best?

Do you get to relax?  What have you been doing?

Sitting in a hotel lobby and the televisions in the bar are all set to FIFA action.  Pretty exciting stuff.

#319 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:04 PM

Ok football fans -- explain to me why if the US lost, we still get to advance?  I'm a wee bit confused.

#320 balo

balo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:27 AM

Ok football fans -- explain to me why if the US lost, we still get to advance?  I'm a wee bit confused.

I know it's so confusing! If you look a the standings in Group G you'll notice USA and Portugal have the same record. It all boils down to the Goals For and Goals Against totals. USA and Portugal have scored 4 goals each, however, The USA have only allowed in 4 goals while Portugal have allowed 7. That's why the USA advanced. Got it? Good because I don't think I can explain it again! LOL!!

The refereeing has been terrible so far. A lot of them got paid off that's for sure.

Two of my teams are still alive: Brazil and Argentina.

#321 balo

balo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:33 AM

Canada has the world beat with their hockey, though, right?  The best of the best?

Do you get to relax?  What have you been doing?

Sitting in a hotel lobby and the televisions in the bar are all set to FIFA action.  Pretty exciting stuff.

Autumnbelle, that's the thing about hockey here, we expect to Win everytime Canada goes up against another country.

As for relaxing, I took that day off last Friday and I don't even know if I got a chance to relax because when you're not at work, the day goes by so fast! It was nice to be able to sit around and not do anything and get away from work's hectic pace.

My day off gave me a chance to plan whether or not I should go back for vacation again to jenjen and axfoley's part of the world next month. I was just there last December remember?

#322 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:34 AM

Thanks for the soccer clarification Balo! I've been keeping track as best as I can but haven't really watched any game because of the time difference and because I've been so busy. When I was in Canada, we used to get really into this...the good ol' days lol!

I heard from jenjen that you were thinking of heading this way again. How longh will you stay?

Whatever

#323 balo

balo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:42 AM

I'm looking at 3 weeks. I haven't booked anything yet. I'm checking out the prices right now. I don't want to go broke LOL!

As for the soccer, those were some intense games played over the weekend!

#324 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:47 PM

You mean you aren't an international playboy billionaire? I have been picturing you differently all these years.

#325 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:51 AM

Shoooooot, I think we all have, Belle!

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#326 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

Hiya Ghosties, how goes?

Posted Image

#327 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:53 PM

Glade I've got a nice 5 day weekend off. Though, I'm going to dad's doctor's appointment with him and mom on Monday to fill his (and my) doctor in on what's really going on at home with him, and not just whatever BS he's been feeding her. Probably give her a bit of a shock to realize she's got father and daughter as patients, but who knows. On a semi-related note, she's actually pretty BAD_WORD good. And took me serious about needing the right knee and ankle looked at and not written off as purely being too BAD_WORD fat. (Which I am, but that's a whole 'nother ball of wax to be dealt with after the knee and ankle.)

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#328 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:46 PM

Very grateful there are still doctors who pay attention to their patients and don't just give a standard line and lack of treatment when one is needed. Also glad you all are united to get your father some treatment whether he thinks he needs it or not!

Survived the three day weekend here - despite the chiggers and ticks. Creepy crawlies - ick! We were on a boat in a lake during the big fireworks shows. And luckily I'm not super huge pregnant yet (though my center of gravity is starting to feel off) so I could actually enjoy the weekend and not just lounge in hot misery :)

#329 balo

balo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:52 AM

Autumnbelle, No, I'm not a billionaire playboy---just a guy who works too much and can't wait to have his weekends and holidays! LOL

Also, are you pregnant or is my ability to read between the lines all screwed up?

Nacho, I think your dad needs a psychiatrist and don't take that the wrong way. Are your knee problems caused by over use?

For the past 3 weeks, been in World Cup mode. I can't believe Brazil got blown out the way they did yesterday. Heck, I felt like crying also! LOL Anyway, this World Cup has been omnipresent with me, here at work, at home, the radio, even watching it outside during picnics and bbq's! After this weekend life will be back to normal for me.

#330 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:44 AM

A man who enjoys the good life in between working - got to admire that!  And luckily, you get to have the greatest visits back to the homeland and see some of the best Asian Girls Posse members :)

Yes, pregnant.  With twins.  Due in December.

Yesterday's match was crazy.  Wonder what things are like down in Brasil today.  Not sure I would want to be a German visitor there :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

LycanGhost