Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Myspace, Ghostvillage, Facebook ect. now what?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 greg_dragonlvr

greg_dragonlvr

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Camping, wilderness adventures, ancient engineering, modern physics and electronics, martial arts and native cultures.

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:06 AM

I am of mixed mind personally of what the solution(s) might look like. I am not a social media type of person, so I have no intelligent input into this format. I do think there has to be a multi-tier solution, one to increase the personal interaction between serious participants and another that would not discourage and segregate new members.
Regardless of how this might look, the participation of the mods (or directors or whatever the titles it ends up having) is going to be a necessity. I have been part of several experiments that started off very energetic but then wandered off into the wasteland and whithered away. With so many media and internet activities, only the interesting ones flourish. There is just not enough time to stop by a languishing site. No matter how solid and varied the membership would be, unless there is direction and motion, it just doesn't work.

Can't Fall Off the Floor

#17 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,363 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:43 PM

I agree leslie_dragonlvr. As far as hot topics go...I think this topic is the hottest one we've had in several months.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#18 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:20 PM

I know I enjoyed meeting Leslie and Greg, last summer. It might be good to try to get people together.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#19 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:23 AM

Hey there she is! I saw you were still about, yay!
We enjoyed meeting you also last summer, that was cool! Wish we had more time to hang out after the wedding craziness! But we did FINALLY get to meet after all these years on GV! I have met quite a few folks from GV over the years, it is a lot of fun! Many of us have been like family. I remember when we had planned to have a GV camp out sort of thing a long time ago, I do believe they did have one or two prior to that one. Meeting in different places would be cool, we would just have to do it simply on our own somehow....
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#20 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:44 AM

Probably the first step to any meet-up would be to determine where everyone who would be interested in doing it is located. From there it would be a matter of finding a point within reason that suits most,(not necessarily all) of the people involved.

Obviously with something covering this large an area some are going to be simply too far away or it would be too costly to travel. The first meetup especially should be mostly based on ease of getting there till it gets going. Then after that we could pick more distant spots based on activities available or sites to see. Eventually it could be held various places so all could participate.

Edited by CaveRat2, 16 February 2014 - 11:46 AM.

CaveRat......
Visit my website

#21 greg_dragonlvr

greg_dragonlvr

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Camping, wilderness adventures, ancient engineering, modern physics and electronics, martial arts and native cultures.

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:46 AM

Took a real tour of the place this morning, and it is almost as if there are too many categories. There are some interesting threads that just got buried or lost in the clutter. The front end of the site is a bit dated and not readily obvious as to the content. So, not knowing what our fearless leader with the very small print has in mind for the reset, I would like to see a major stream-lining of the content and indexing.

Can't Fall Off the Floor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users