• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jack Torrance

Jack Torrance

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

My life has very much been like a horror film or a creepy horror novel. And recently I began contemplating on a strange and creepy story I grew up with, one that really isn't talked about in my family anymore, and when we do speak about it, usually we joke around about it, as an attempt to lighten the mood. When in reality, it is nothing to joke about.

My sister is about 5 years older than me (and on a side note I hope she doesn't get mad at me for telling this story). And for a time before I was born she and my mother and father experienced strange occurrences in our former apartment complex.

My sister saw the film E.T., and it didn't affect her in a negative way, i.e. she wasn't afraid of E.T. She enjoyed the movie and it really didn't impact her in any way other than the fact that she found it to be a good movie. Now I'm not sure at what point my sister saw the movie, but I think it was at least a few years before the strange events began to occur.

Some time later my sister began to act strangely. She would do very violent things for a child her age. Throwing objects at people's heads, and just all around really strange and violent stuff (most of it is personal and I'm not going to get into it here). So at some point in time my sister begins to talk about the being in her closet. She said the being talked to her and told her its name was E.T. That it was the same E.T. from the movie. This "E.T." was the one who was telling my sister to do all those strange and violent things. My mother was bewildered. She was unsure what to think. At first like most parents, she thought it was all in my sister's imagination. But then she began wondering about my sister's strange behavior over the past few months.

One night my mom decided to sleep with my sister in her bed. "E.T." didn't come out and talk to everyone, but "he" did begin to shake my sister's bed while my mother was on it. It started slowly then violently. My mom always told me it was like something straight out of The Exorcist. It really shook like one of those old hotel room beds. You know the ones? My mom jumped out of the bed took my sister with her and went to my dad's bedroom. Frightened, she explained the situation to my half asleep father.

Up to this point my dad was very stern in his opinion on the matter. It was all part of my sister's childhood. She was just a kid and this was all a part of her overactive imagination.

But this time my mom told my dad that if he didn't believe them that he should sleep in that room by himself while my mother and sister slept in my dad and mom's bed. My dad accepted it, as he just wanted to get some sleep. Sure enough the bed shook on him too and needless to say my father slept on the living room couch that night.

A few weeks later everything returned to normal and my sister was once again sleeping in her bedroom by herself.

So this part of the story I've decided to remove. Basically some time after things seemed to return to normal my mom experienced something truly horrifying in my sister's room and at some point my parents complained about the apartment to their landlord and the landlord allowed them to move into the vacant complex directly above and across from their current one.

After that the events ended. My sister apparently still acted out from time-to-time but it was really just normal kids stuff; nothing as violent as those times in the old apartment.

The old apartment sat vacant for awhile. Eventually a small family moved in and to my mother's horror they had two young sons. My mom waited a few weeks for them to settle in and then one day while at the washing machines down stairs (I think that's where it was) my mom asked the new woman who had moved in how she was liking the apartment. She had no complaints, but she found it strange that her younger son suddenly had an imaginary friend and he claimed that this "friend's" name was E.T. And the funny thing about this was that the boy had never seen the film, and had no idea E.T. The Extraterrestrial even existed.

This part of the story is where it gets fuzzy. As I said earlier, it's been a long time since my family and I have spoken of this story.

Eventually the boy stopped talking to "E.T.", but I'm not sure how long it was before he did. The family moved out of that apartment. But I don't recall how long it was. It may have been a few years. I think the family may have had a priest bless the place, but I'm not 100% certain.

And eventually my sister got a new bed and that was when my parents found out where the bed had really come from. They had known that the bed came from my dad's parents' attic, but what they didn't know was that someone that my dad's parents had known had passed away on it! The person had died of old age aka natural causes, but still one can't help but wonder if it had anything to do with the events. Maybe the bed was some sort of catalyst for what took place? The apartments we lived in weren't exactly old, and my family wasn't into the occult or anything.

One theory my mom has is that maybe whomever lived in that apartment before us was into the occult and had invited some entity into the location. My sister was but a child, and we all know the theories around children and the paranormal. Not to mention the bed someone died on, whether related or coincidence. Another theory is that something from my grandparents' (on my mom's side) home had attached to her. But that's another story for another time.

Today I'm in the early stages of writing a novel on all of this. I'm doing some research on the subject of children and the paranormal and I'd like to know if any of you have had experiences. Feel free to share them, and don't worry I won't put them in my novel without your permission! As I said, I'm still in the early stages of it and I'm still not entirely sure what I want to put into it. I left out enough of the E.T. story so that I could put more details into the novel. It's going to be weird talking about this story with my family after all these years. I'm hoping they'll be okay about it.

#2 Night Star

Night Star

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, animals, reading, music, dragons, fairies, elves, being creative...

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:36 AM

Interesting story. You should try seeing if you could contact the people who lived there before your parents and all the people who lived there after your parents and that couple with the two kids.

Posted Image

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:05 AM

This is a nice incident! Looking forward hearing more.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users