• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Endless.Apprentice

Endless.Apprentice

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:21 PM

Hello everyone, 

I am new to the site but have been into this sort of stuff for a long time.

I was recently watching the documentary on the Scole group, which is full of compelling info, but the thing that really caught my interest was Edison's germanium device which is supposed to make communication with the spirit world much easier. After a little research I found the original schematics as well as the schematic of the device built for the Scole team. Skipping about a week of waiting for parts, I now have my own germanium device. I have so far only plugged it in once for a short time. I currently have the device running through a fairly powerful tube pre-amp and into a set of desk reference speakers. I'm just wondering if anyone else has built or used one of these devices before, hoping to chat with someone about different possible set-ups and such.

As soon as I figure out how to get a photo on here, I will. 

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:27 AM

Hello, and welcome to GV.

Looking forward hearing from you more on this!

Posted Image

#3 greg_dragonlvr

greg_dragonlvr

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Camping, wilderness adventures, ancient engineering, modern physics and electronics, martial arts and native cultures.

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:12 AM

Welcome aboard.  Jeff (our fearless Mayor) has a thread in the Spirit Communication forum on just this topic.  There are a couple of others going as well.  You can track about anything using the advanced search options and get around the Village without getting too lost.  Enjoy your time here.

Can't Fall Off the Floor

#4 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:48 AM

This is similar to a Raudive detector.  Germainium is used since the barrier voltage of germanium is lower than silicon allowing it to serve as an RF detector for lower amplitude signals.  But in fact all it consists of is a radio detector which picks up all stations at one time because it lacks a tuned circuit to select only one.  Since Rf propagation is variable the strength of stations varies widely, a strong one will fade another may come in over it.

This causes a noise which consists mostly of just hash, but every once in a while certain sounds may overpower the background allowing for words or parts of words to come through.  Naturally it is not really clear which accounts for the pareidolia effect.  (Difficulty in understanding what was said and playing it repeatedly causes the mind to form what it determines is being said.)  The evidence of this is supported by the fact that usually no two people hear the same thing since everyone's mind works differently when arranging random patterns.

Besides, to date no one has explained how a ghost is able to create and modulate an RF carrier which is what these devices do.  Better to stick with standard audio / EVP.  using low noise amplifiers and detectors.  At least the pareidolia effect is minimized  unless of course you boost the gain up to where the electron noise becomes heard.  Then you are right back to the pareidolia issue.

#5 Endless.Apprentice

Endless.Apprentice

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:32 PM

Well thanks everyone!

I will look for the other threads on this subject.

Caverat:

So far there have been no "voices" of any kind, radio station or otherwise, so there isn't much threat of mistaking anything for a spirit. Besides the goal or grail I guess would be direct communication, not just random words. I'm also wondering, has anyone ever explained how any Spirit is making themselves heard on any type of equipment.. ever? And yes I understand the pareidolic effect, it is a problem with any kind of EVP. I appreciate the response, just hoping for hands on experience with this device.

#6 Mr Zeta

Mr Zeta

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Electronics, Physics, Astronomy, Chess, Music, Computer Programming, Astral Travel, Native American...

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:45 PM

Hello,

There are many ways to pick up voices I would not lean towards any one or another. I have been reading some misleading information over the last few hours not here but on a few other sites, and learned a few more things which I feel are important to 'making contact'.

First it seems as thought we need to have a rapport of a sort - not necessarily a belief - not even a feeling - I myself and not a 'believer' nor am I a 'dis-believer'; I have however had EVP experiences I cant explain; those were the first evidences of to me there must be something is out there...

I have been reading recent threads on this Germanium idea; nice ti have a tekky describe it's nature abit here; I too am a tekky as well as an Astral Travellor; I have read possibilities of electromagnetic and electrostatic devices used to get responses from entities in other dimensions ot time and space.

I think Thomas Edison was working on this but now I cant recall.

What I have found over the 40+ years and reading thru many reports, is that differnt people will respond to different ideas and methods better than other people - we are afterall individual.

While terminology useage in my opinion is overrated, we need to take a step back and feel some sort of, well not only relevance, but respect and reverance to all of this.

The fact that some of us are 'in tune' with 'other worldy' aspects of life, means we even have an obligation to pursue those radio stations; now that is quite a paranormal analogy that comes from some of my latest research.

If you feel drawn to a device I say go with it; I would just feel though, in my case since I started out with EVP recordings on an analogue microcassette, I always use that as a standard; something to fal back on.

More technologically oriented 'entities' called 'Technicians' are looking for people like you and me - dont give up - you are being called (!); and some day you wil answer that phone...

Mr Zeta

Here is my website - Enjoy ! I Live Stream My Work Now Almost Nightly EST Time Zone !

http://mrzeta.webs.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users