Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

The Attraction (a series of non-fiction accounts)

The Attraction attraction non-fiction nonfiction ghosts ghost stories supernatural supernatural stories eyewitness accounts the bizarre

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Drez_Zipper

Drez_Zipper

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:14 PM

The Attraction
a series of non-fictional accounts
by Brian Osburn

Introduction

Maybe it because my mother played the piano so beautifully as I, her first born, matured in her womb. I can imagine that I wondered at that beautiful music I could hear through taught skin and muscle fibers. I can imagine myself straining to hear every note.

But I can also imagine myself suffering in that womb at the same time. I was eleven pounds six ounces at birth, yet my mother had a twenty-two inch waist just nine months earlier. Her uterus was too small for me.

I can imagine myself suffering with my feet twisted behind me; twisted because of the cramped womb. As an infant, I had to wear braces for two years. My feet had been fully twisted behind me.

Without question, my life has been from one extreme to the other since before I was born.  I've experienced so many extremely cool and wonderful things. I have marveled at all of nature. I appreciate and marvel at mankind, too. It is incredible what things we create.

But I've also experienced some of the worst both nature and mankind have to offer as well.

Maybe it was the suffering that initialized the attraction.

Maybe it was from marveling at literally everything that the attraction began.

Maybe it was for some other strange reason I'm clueless about that I have this attraction to another "realm of consciousness."

I have always had this sense...a sense when things are out of the ordinary and something is going down that involves this other realm.

Each moment that I experienced 'the sense of this other realm of consciousness' in the past is very well remembered by me. I am able to communicate these experiences to you with a refreshing objectivity, because over time, I have considered each of these events; some using great personal and spiritual reflection, that's how deep some of them are.

My natural skeptism is over-ruled by how real these experiences are. I have this sense of another conscious realm and I cannot deny it . This sense is something I have lived with since I was very young. Over the years, I have experienced things so incredible as to defy logic, reason, or even luck. The supernatural was involved.

I promise you that no exaggeration of these accounts is necessary on my part. The things that have happened to me need no embellishment.

All that is required of me is to remember the details and tell an accurate story.

ACCOUNT 1 - FIRST MEMORIES

I have come up with a great question for a Psyche 101 class. “What is your first memory?”

(STOP READING NOW AND THINK OF YOUR OWN FIRST MEMORY. DO THIS!)

I have asked this question to many people over time, because I'm curious about the events that predicated their consciousness.

I am curious about other first memories, because my first memory was a standing ovation.

I do not remember practicing. I do not remember being put into the black booster chair at the black grand piano. I do not remember wearing a black jumpsuit.

I do not remember playing the Tarantello Vico by Giovani.

Thunderous applause and people rising; that's my first memory.

I had to sit there, be patient and watch this outpouring. I began to marvel at it. I did not feel proud. I did not feel entitled. I did not feel special in any way. I felt as I do now, as just another person out there.

It was a feeling of awe that swept over me. It was an incredible sight. Everyone was smiling at me with genuine smiles. It was amazing to see so many smiling human faces at one time.

The sound of the applause was perfect pitched. No bravos. No whistles. Just the thunderous clap of enthusiastic hands. It was my first (and still only ) standing ovation. I was 4 years old.

This is a very strong memory, as are all my memories still (knock wood.)

I led off this Introduction with that short story from my life, to ensure to you that I take my memories very seriously. That account was not embellished. That really happened, factually and my feelings are true to my nature...true to “the me” I have known, since I have not changed much since I was sixteen years old.

My title's meaning will hopefully become apparent along the way.

Fin--- 04/11/2014

Here are the next non-fiction accounts I will post:

ACCOUNT 2 - Hurricane Eloise
ACCOUNT 3 - Is That The TV?
ACCOUNT 4 - April 9, 1982
ACCOUNT 5 - What Totaling A Ford Pinto With Your Body Feels Like
ACCOUNT 6 - The Two Angels
ACCOUNT 7 - The Triple Rainbow

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:34 AM

Thank you.

Welcome to GV.

Posted Image

#3 Ysbryd

Ysbryd

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:history, writing, reading, computers

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:18 AM

I don't know what my earliest memory is and I don't think I've ever tried to find it. The brain is a fascinating organ that isn't as straight forward as we like to believe.

#4 soulrunner

soulrunner

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:gardening is my hobby and one of my jobs

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:07 AM

my first or earliest memory is of being a very young child running down the street with an old pre-decimal penny in my hand. I was born in 1967 our coinage was changed in 1971. It must have been either 1969 or 1970 I would have been two or three years old. there was a shop at the end of our street (now long gone) and it sold sweet and other things. If I close my eyes I can still see the shop and the road how it used to be.

#5 Ysbryd

Ysbryd

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:history, writing, reading, computers

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:23 AM

It's amazing what the mind holds onto. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Attraction, attraction, non-fiction, nonfiction, ghosts, ghost stories, supernatural, supernatural stories, eyewitness accounts, the bizarre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users