13 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

Dear Ghostvillagers,

After many months of hard work, I’m proud to announce the rebirth… the reincarnation of Ghostvillage.com! While we’re not totally finished with the upgrades and updates, we are now on a new platform that is slick, and it will give us the room to expand well into the future. The site now works on all browsers, smartphones, and tablets, you can search easily and quickly through thousands of pages of content, and you can easily submit and interact with everything in our village. This is just the foundation, just the beginning of what we have in store for you.

There are two people I need to thank above all others. First, master programmer (and DJ) Jeremy Winterrowd did all of the back-end work on the new Web site. He wrote a program to move over 2,500 pages of flat HTML content into the new database. If we did that by hand, we would be ghosts before we could have ever finished the project. Second, I need to thank my high school buddy and master Web guy, Jason Barsi, for all of the help on the front end. He gave the site the new look and a lot of the functionality. And finally, I need to thank photographer Frank Grace – whose amazing and creepy photos now lurk throughout the Web site. These guys made all of this possible.

So go ahead and take a look around. Kick the new tires a bit. But know that in the coming weeks, there will be more changes coming. Our message boards will be fully integrated into the Web site, plus a lot of new content will be coming on board. Ghostvillage.com is going to become a paranormal network of words, sights, and sounds. We’ll carry your favorite paranormal radio programs, plus original video content. I can’t wait for you to see it!

So this month’s theme is appropriately reincarnation. You don’t have to buy into the notion of past lives to appreciate reincarnation. Maybe the idea is as simple as the fact that we must keep evolving and growing into new people, or we truly die. We must challenge ourselves, learn from our past, and commit to accomplishing great things for ourselves and the people around us.

There’s a saying in the arts that we stand on the shoulders of giants. Meaning that we’re a product of the masters who inspired us and the masters who inspired those folks before them. Does Mozart not sneak into some killer guitar solos? Is there not a piece of Da Vinci appearing in even the most obscure street graffiti? Chaucer in a Tweet? Maybe reincarnation isn’t so far-fetched?

Enjoy your new village, folks. And get ready for a lot of great new content!

Supernaturally yours,

Jeff Belanger
Mayor of Ghostvillage.com
Twitter: @THEJeffBelanger
Facebook: Jeff Belanger
YouTube: www.youtube.com/legendtripping

Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#2 Ysbryd

Ysbryd

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:history, writing, reading, computers

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:05 PM

I definitely believe in reincarnation. I believe I have lived past lives and feel that most of them have been lived in another country. I haven't ever investigated any details of past lives I might've led, but I'd be open to doing that.

Congratulations on the "reincarnation" of your site. :)

#3 wipsi

wipsi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

Congrats on the new site.

Here is a link to some academic work on reincarnation, past lives NDEs as an added bonus....Enjoy...

http://www.medicine..../dops/home-page

#4 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:45 PM

I've been exploring my past lives, and learning interesting things.

Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:28 AM

I do believe in reincarnation, from personal experiences as well.

Posted Image

#6 greg_dragonlvr

greg_dragonlvr

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Interests:Camping, wilderness adventures, ancient engineering, modern physics and electronics, martial arts and native cultures.

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:32 AM

I wonder if the idea of racial memory and genetic inheritance would fall into the category of reincarnation.  Many cultures believe that the ancestors live on through their descendent's.  And there are theories that massive and/or catastrophic events embed themselves in a race or culture.

Can't Fall Off the Floor

#7 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:25 AM

I don't disbelieve in reincarnation, but I firmly believe that much of the evidence that people try to use to support their claims of their past lives really falls into the category of cryptomnesia.

If you're not familiar with the term, cryptomnesia literally means 'hidden memory.' This is basically the stuff you've learned through normal channels, but have consciously forgotten.  For example:

In 1977, a woman named Jan underwent a past life regression hypnosis session.  While discussing details of her past life, Jan discussed an accused witch by the name of Joan Waterhouse.  The witch was tried and set free in the year 1566.  However, Jan gave the erroneous date of this event as 1556.  As it turns out, 1556 was a misprint found in a Victorian reprint of the event, and a copy of such is on display at the British museum.  Although she had no conscious recollection of ever seeing this piece of work, Jan HAD been to the museum several times as a child.

Skeptic's Dictionary entry on Cryptomnesia

Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#8 meanderer

meanderer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:47 AM

I believe in reincarnation, too.  However, that's as close as my personal beliefs come to the usual ways people think about reincarnation:

My understanding of reincarnation is not in the "traditional" sense; the soul does not always follow time in a 'linear' way - if you die on 27 April 2014, you will be reborn as another being sometime after 27 April 2014.  The soul is not bound by our sense of time.  It goes wherever/whenever the gods decide to send it (yes, they call the shots).  Also, there is nothing that dictates that you will come back as another human, either.  If there are lessons you need to learn (or relearn) from one life, you may be brought back as another living being that may re-enforce this lesson (i.e., if you need to learn patience, you may be brought back as something that might take a long time to mature, or lives a very long time). 

There's that saying of someone having wisdom beyond their years; have you ever met someone much younger, for example a child, who seems to have much more wisdom or understanding than you'd expect a person of that age to be capable of?  Where do you think that wisdom comes from?  This, I believe, is an example of "non-linear" reincarnation.

Of course, the most important thing about reincarnation is improvement - remembering lessons from previous incarnations, applying them to your current life to improve your soul.  Many people have a hard time remembering past lives, and that's not really important...you don't need to "know" whether you were Cleopatra or Napoleon in a previous life - you just need to remember, and use, the lessons you were given.

Then again, these are just my beliefs - other beliefs may vary.

Beannacht ort

#9 Ysbryd

Ysbryd

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:history, writing, reading, computers

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

I like your belief meanderer. :)

#10 meanderer

meanderer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:55 PM

I like your belief meanderer. smile.png

Cool.  So do I, that's why it's been a part of what I believe...for many years.  :)

Beannacht ort

#11 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:17 AM

For one thing the Soul doesn't have a death. Only the body perish - be it physical body, or astral body, or mental body, and as we reach final enlightenment, the Causal body.

What we call death is merely a transition from one realm to another. we are eternally "living".

Posted Image

#12 meanderer

meanderer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:02 AM

For one thing the Soul doesn't have a death. Only the body perish - be it physical body, or astral body, or mental body, and as we reach final enlightenment, the Causal body.

What we call death is merely a transition from one realm to another. we are eternally "living".

Very true, Moonie - the soul doesn't die.  It continues to (hopefully) improve with each incarnation.  Every life is meant to be one step closer to perfection.  In some cases, lessons need to be repeated, so the soul is given another chance (or chances) to learn what it missed...but the ultimate goal is perfection.

Beannacht ort

#13 Abominable Dr. Civis!

Abominable Dr. Civis!

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy kayaking, hiking, geocaching, foreign films, suspense, cheaply-made action or slasher films, folklore, working out, keeping a myriad of friends and acquaintances, green tea, Pixies (the band), spontaneity and adventure! Oh, and ghost-hunting too of course, though I find its more like fishing.

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:24 PM

I have had a very successful PLR hypnosis session though it was only once. I did not know I could even be hypnotized but the experience was unique in the way the information appeared and transitioned during the session. I have to highly recommend it despite the memories being very haunting and traumatic.
"The big brain am winning! I am the greetest! Mwa-ha-ha-ha! I must now leave Earth for no raisin! " -Chief Big Brain of Futurama

#14 no1plumbrr

no1plumbrr

Would let the taxpayers foot the bill to go to a GV convention

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts
  • Interests:DENISE
    ghosts, aliens, and anything crazy.

FEARS: clowns and now BEP, thanks guys you rock ! ;)

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:41 AM

Agreed guys! Try to do your best in this one and maybe you can get some giggs like our buddy and hero Mr. Jeff Belanger

The great and most brilliant mind in the world......
Yeah I need a job sorry...... :)
In love with an awesome woman
SHALOM my friends !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users