7 replies to this topic

#1 Ysbryd

Ysbryd

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:history, writing, reading, computers

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:37 AM

I'm not sure if there has been a standard change to the site, perhaps over the weekend, but everything here looks white where it was black before. Is this a new change or have I done something to muck it up?

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:02 AM

It is not a different look, but the NEW look!!! The template has been changed, and the entire site is still under upgrade. This is a new change from the website part.

Posted Image

#3 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:38 AM

I do like the brighter look!  It helps to separate the "spook" factor of dark, and foreboding from the paranormal.  (Where did that association actually come from anyway?)

But I do see an issue with some older posts made prior to the change.  Where someone has designated a font color of yellow or white for example against the dark background it worked fine before.  But that same post would now be hard to read.  If you encounter a page which seems to be missing a post try highlighting it to make the text visible.

This is not to say we should switch back to a dark bckground; the same problem occurs there if someone posts a dark font.   Rather everyone who posts should stay with the default board color (automatic) rather than specify a font color unless they are VERY careful regading the colors they choose! (Blue, Red, Green are usually OK as they appear on either a white or black background.)

#4 Ysbryd

Ysbryd

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:history, writing, reading, computers

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

I prefer the darker boards, but as long as it was a master change and not anything I did, then I can live with it. Just the pale pink and pale blue remind me of babies.

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:53 AM

smile.png

Ever since the last change (to the darker template 6 years ago), we all have been rooting for a change. It took so long for this positive change hahaha

smile.png It is more readable now, and appealing to eyes too. But I do understand ya Ysbyrd, darker template suits a ghost forum, but personally I prefer the current one.

Edited by MoonChild, 01 May 2014 - 04:56 AM.

Posted Image

#6 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:57 PM

Oh good, I thought it was my computer fecking up. Though, it still shows up as the darker background on my laptop. Not sure why, but a tad odd.

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:24 AM

Clear the Cache, Lycan, the new template shall refresh itself.

Posted Image

#8 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:57 PM

I like it. Much easier to read!

Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users