6 replies to this topic

#1 no1plumbrr

no1plumbrr

Would let the taxpayers foot the bill to go to a GV convention

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts
  • Interests:DENISE
    ghosts, aliens, and anything crazy.

FEARS: clowns and now BEP, thanks guys you rock ! ;)

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:24 PM

I have downladed a App called Ghost Box. I have just started to use it. Has anyone else tried these with any success? I really dont see how it can work.

In love with an awesome woman
SHALOM my friends !

#2 Ysbryd

Ysbryd

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:history, writing, reading, computers

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:19 PM

I don't believe there's any piece of equipment which can "detect" what people think are ghosts. It's even less likely to be useful if the device was intended for something else entirely.

#3 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:36 PM

Phone apps are not credible investigative tools.   They are something put out for the uninformed.  Consider first what the phone itself utilizes for a sensor.  Most work on the EMF detector principle.  But the only EMF a phone detects are either the carrier used for communicatiion or in some caases a GPS signal.neither of which are related to ghosts.  But suppose someone decides to write an app that measures the signal strength of the carrier being received?  They can display this level and call it anything they want, even a "ghost sensor"!  Throw in some extraneous noise, add a bit of audio pareidolia and you can call it a Spirit Box App.

The very fact they even consider a spirit box a research tool is indicative they don't understand how people perceive a spirit.  In other words a spirit box, Ovilus, or Echovox are just that; devices aimed to separate the uninformed from their money.  Don't beleive that?  Take a serious look at exactly HOW these things work down to the theory and electronics behind them.  Once you understand this is becomes apparent why they can't work as claimed.  Let alone trying to make a phone serve as one!   When it comes to investigations a phone has one app which works as intended.  That is when it serves as a phone.   Everything else is better served by a device designed to do whatever is intended.   Need a camera, use a real camera with a good lens.  Need a recorder, use a good recorder.  A phone app is simply a substitute not capable of providing the quality and reliability of evidence needed for serious research.

#4 CalebHu90

CalebHu90

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Demons, Undead legends and myths, monster legends, computers, science, guitar playing, aviation, and games

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:59 AM

Phone apps are not credible investigative tools.   They are something put out for the uninformed.  Consider first what the phone itself utilizes for a sensor.  Most work on the EMF detector principle.  But the only EMF a phone detects are either the carrier used for communicatiion or in some caases a GPS signal.neither of which are related to ghosts.  But suppose someone decides to write an app that measures the signal strength of the carrier being received?  They can display this level and call it anything they want, even a "ghost sensor"!  Throw in some extraneous noise, add a bit of audio pareidolia and you can call it a Spirit Box App.

The very fact they even consider a spirit box a research tool is indicative they don't understand how people perceive a spirit.  In other words a spirit box, Ovilus, or Echovox are just that; devices aimed to separate the uninformed from their money.  Don't beleive that?  Take a serious look at exactly HOW these things work down to the theory and electronics behind them.  Once you understand this is becomes apparent why they can't work as claimed.  Let alone trying to make a phone serve as one!   When it comes to investigations a phone has one app which works as intended.  That is when it serves as a phone.   Everything else is better served by a device designed to do whatever is intended.   Need a camera, use a real camera with a good lens.  Need a recorder, use a good recorder.  A phone app is simply a substitute not capable of providing the quality and reliability of evidence needed for serious research.

I'm sorry, but a "spirit box" isn't used to sense spirits, but more of making it easier for a spirit to communicate using white noise by rapidly scanning through air wave frequencies, just like the SB-7 and do work, the Ovilus is more of a verbal dictionary, but is used for the same purpose as a spirit box, but I do agree that phone apps are useless for spirit investigations, the only use they have are for novelty purposes.

#5 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

So then it becomes a matter of exactly "how" the spirit can manipulate the device.  The explanation of "spirits can do it" is insufficient as is a claim the "we don't know how spirits operate".  We may not but we certainly do know how electronics operates and as such we know what a spirit MUST do to cause electronics to respond in a desired manner.  So the question again becomes, HOW does the spirit manipulate electronics and HOW can it maintain the degree of precision needed to cause electronic devices to respond in a desired manner?

And white noise?  Step one is of course Rule Out Pareidolia.  (The Rule Of three is heplpful here.)  And if one cannot discount pareidolia then how can we ever be sure it is a spirit communicating?White noise and communication is akin to trying to whisper to the person beside you at a football game just as the home team scores a touchdown.  How can you be certain what they heard what you said and not the crowd noise?

#6 Ravus Aranea

Ravus Aranea

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:All things paranormal.All religious beliefs and practices. Superstitions.Collecting books. Writing.Creating with my hands, what my mind's eye imagines.

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

I will admit the ovilus  interests me....can someone explain how it is supposed to work in theory...and why it does or does not.....I do know that entities can and do manipulate electrical devices.......very easily. I am very interested in learning more here.

#7 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:54 PM

I am going to simply link you back to my website.  I have discussed this in various questions on my Question and Answer pages in depth, with the electronics theory behind it. (To long to post here) Click my sig or go to     

.http://www.jimsdesti...om/paramain.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users