• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rich_sm

Rich_sm

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the site but am seeking some advice. About 15 minutes ago I was napping and was very rudely awoken. I felt a full hand press down on my back like all of the air was squeezed out of me and when I tried I literally was unable to breath. This lasted about 10 seconds before it stopped, I could breath freely and heard what sounded like someone running away.

I've never had any encounters before and just wanted some advice in regards to was this friendly or maybe something I should look a little more into??

Thanks in advance all I've seen some great advice on this forum,

Rich,

#2 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:32 AM

As with all such cases related to sleep / wake cycles I would first suspect sleep paralysis.  This occurs because the brain may not awake at the same time; portions may still be sleeping while others are awake and beginning to reason.  Consequently perceptions may be altered.  Sometimes an inability to move, other times visualizations, even auditory responses may be affected. Dreams may also be confused with reality under these conditions. It all depends on exactly which areas are responsive and which are not at the instant of waking.   It happens to most of us from time to time, nothing to worry about.

#3 meanderer

meanderer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:26 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the site but am seeking some advice. About 15 minutes ago I was napping and was very rudely awoken. I felt a full hand press down on my back like all of the air was squeezed out of me and when I tried I literally was unable to breath. This lasted about 10 seconds before it stopped, I could breath freely and heard what sounded like someone running away.

I've never had any encounters before and just wanted some advice in regards to was this friendly or maybe something I should look a little more into??

Thanks in advance all I've seen some great advice on this forum,

Rich,

Before automatically jumping into the posibilities of sleep paralysis (which, of course, could be a possibility), I'd be more interested in getting more details first- this "incident" happened 15 minutes before the OP jumped onto GV to make their first post ever (and it happened to be the date they became a member)...but what were the circumstances of the incident?  Were other people in the area?  Could other people have gotten into the area without the OP knowing about it (remember, they said they were napping).  Was anything missing or out of place?  Did the OP try to locate the area where they heard someone running away/try to recreate the sound?  Call me a skeptic if you will, but I am more likely to look for possible explanations.  That, alone, would probably take longer than the 15 minutes since the incident is said to have occurred. 

Beannacht ort

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users