Who else can do this?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted Yesterday, 03:39 AM

Hi all,

A few years ago, I decided to start learning more about my sensitivity to spirits. We all sense them in our own way. I started reading about other peoples' encounters with "ghosts" or whatever you want to call all the myriads of beings that most of us cannot see. That's what drew me to Ghost Village. Through the experiences on this site, I realized that I'm not alone and not all encounters involve scary entities.

I started listening to paranormal and psychic shows on podcasts, and bought all sorts of books on the topics in bookstores and on Amazon. All of this gave me the courage to sign up for a beginning mediumship course. I met face-to-face others who had similar interests and experiences and made some great friends. I was able to learn the difference between types of communications, meditation, and to start to develop the skill of communicating with spirits better.

Four years of courses have gone by. I'm not a born medium, and I accept that fact. I have mediumship tendencies, but I'm better on the psychic intuitive level, and find my outlet in art and writing.

There are lots of courses and retreats available for learning more in a safe, friendly environment, and of course there are tons of free podcasts if you have no money. I enjoyed Gavin Cromwell's autobiography. He's a born medium and could see 'dead' people from childhood. Following through his personal journey really interested me. I also recommend "Spirit Messenger" from Gordon Smith as a very readable beginner's look at communicating with spirits and being a medium.

As in most things, knowledge is power. The more you read, the more you can understand, and the less you fear.

Regards,

Carlotta

Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users