#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:56 AM

It depends on how one use it. It is merely a tool, but always helps to take enough protection.

Posted Image

#3 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:56 AM

It's as real as you allow it to be.  The danger is if you allow belief to take over.  The use of a board is primarily a matter of automotor responses; subconciously you cause the answer you want to appear.  As far as a tool for communication I don't ascribe to it, and neither do most who investigate the paranormal.  It is simply a parlor game, nothing more.  Right up there with the Ovilus and Magic 8 Ball when it comes to getting answers to questions.

#4 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:22 AM

It can depend on the people. I've used it with some people and we got no movement. I used it with one particular friend, and it worked very well and gave evidence that we could verify. Neither of us was possessed by the experienced.

If you connect with 'spirits', you don't know who you're talking to, so use your common sense. As with the living, if it sounds too good (or odd) to be true, chances are that it is.

Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#5 Ravus Aranea

Ravus Aranea

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:All things paranormal.All religious beliefs and practices. Superstitions.Collecting books. Writing.Creating with my hands, what my mind's eye imagines.

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:29 PM

To set up an ouija board means that you are opening yourself up to communicate with the spirit realms...you are trying to create a portal. It works if all the elements are right...you could do the same with a chess board or a monopoly board or a wooden plank you dug out of the trash......its not the item you use that has the power...it is the intent, will and faith that you put into it.Beyond that, think of all the people that have set before an ouija board wide eyed and expectant...that builds energy...it has created a collective mind set that allows it considerable power. Say the words "Ouija Board" to anyone and watch their response....even those who would never dare to pick one up believe in its ability to call fourth demons and spirits. It may have been created as a fun parlor game...but the vast amount of energy and expectation that has been funneled into it have created the popular tool it is today......be careful what you wish for folks...you just might get it.If you insist on playing with one ...create sacred space first..be specific about what is allowed to come fourth and always close it afterward...if you dont know how to do these basic things ...perhaps some research is in order.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users