Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

School Yard Haunts - Our Message Board of the Month!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:58 AM

Dear Ghostvillagers,

Here at the Ghostvillage world headquarters, it’s back-to-school season. That got me thinking… why do so many schools and colleges have haunted reputations? Sure, some are marred by tragedy, and it’s never a surprise when ghosts follow a tragedy. But others don’t have that back story, yet there are still claims of a haunt.

One aspect of the ghost experience that can’t be understated is the bonding that happens when one person shares a ghost story with another. If it’s a personal account, then the bond is all the larger. When you share an experience you had that you can’t explain, what you’re really saying to the person you’re talking to is, “I trust you.” By sharing the experience you believe that you won’t be ridiculed for what you interpreted as a real encounter.

During our formative school years, these bonds are critical. Children, teens, and young adults are always trying to make sense of the world they live in, and it should be no surprise that ghosts are part of the questions they’re asking.

Whether it be strange sounds, a psychic experience in the school yard, or some other quirky phenomenon, young people spend many hours a week at school and sometimes they see things in hallways and classrooms. Plus, all of the bustling energy of youth and adolescence, and you have a recipe for stories. Whether something paranormal is behind those stories is a matter of opinion.

So this month we’re going to dive deeper into the haunted school yard. If you have your own story to share, be sure to join the discussion in our message board of the month.

Also, Ghostvillage.com is actively seeking contributors. We’re especially looking for news, features, and interviews. Please email us if you’re interested in contributing!

Back to school also means the busy Halloween season has begun. This month I’m finishing up the filming of my next New England Legends episode for PBS, and my event schedule is already jam-packed. I’m still adding more fall dates, but I have plenty going on in the next three months. Be sure to come by and see my new lectures!

Supernaturally yours,

Jeff Belanger
Mayor of Ghostvillage.com
Twitter: @THEJeffBelanger
Facebook: Jeff Belanger
YouTube: www.youtube.com/legendtripping

Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#2 Pete LeBrun

Pete LeBrun

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal is my absolute favorite thing in the world and I plan on studying it at school in the fall. I also like writing bike riding, reading, and hanging out with friends. My favorite holiday is Halloween ad my favorite season is fall.

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:58 PM

It was spring 2001 and I was 11 at the time, me and two friends were at recess, standing by the woods, just talking, when an aide blew their whistle for us to go to lunch, we had made it to the playground, when we hear this loud bang from the woods, near where we were standing, we ran into the school, The best way to describe is someone slamming on a surface, such as glass or a barrel, I've tried to go back and debunk this noise a few times, but nothing, there is an old rusted barrel in the woods, but I tried slamming a cinderblock I found and the result wasn't the same sound I heard. This definitely came from the woods, not the road, or a yard, and although there are yards on by the school and woods, I didn't hear any footsteps like someone walking around in the woods, and these woods are small, like you can see through them to the other side where the yards are. I would have heard something. Thoughts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users