• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#106 allege

allege

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:15 PM

I have heard of a few cases of "black dog" encounters in the US, Galveston Texas has some stories I believe.

There is a hollow that I know of deep in the hills of East Kentucky, this place is seriously haunted by a variety of spirits, a witch women, something I believe is an elemental, child size spirits, and a bunch of others. Several people in this hollow has reported seeing a huge black dog. One saw it one night, in conjuntion with the spirit I believe is an elemental, he shot at the dog unloaded a entire clip. The dog didn't go down. The next morning I went out to where the dog was, no blood on the ground yet every bullet he had shot had hit the tree that was behind the dog.
Never to suffer would never to have been blessed. -Edgar Allan Poe

#107 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:41 AM

My encounter with an actual black dog is recorded earlier.

Edited by aloha_spirit, 28 November 2010 - 10:51 PM.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#108 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:37 AM

Dang. Protective dog.

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#109 BLACK SHUCK

BLACK SHUCK

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Anything related to the paranormal,secret societies,fast cars, busty women, human behavior, reading, painting, art, magic/magick(high or low),withchcraft/wicca,candles and hot tubs. Just ask, if you are curious and want the truth, not what you want to hear.

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:43 PM

Dang. Protective dog.

They are here, speaking for the southern states,I have visited re: tales about them and what people have seen.It reads a lot like the "Black Dog", "Black Shuck" tales from the UK. I accept them as real but do not try to change others minds re: them; fact or fantasy, it is up to each person.

#110 kurohime

kurohime

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:34 PM

I have heard that the black dog is a symbol of turmoil or tragedies to come. I dont know if this has any truth to it but i hope never to see it.

#111 Severance_pop

Severance_pop

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 02:45 AM

I have heard of the black dog legend. However I was told that the Black dog roams the highways ready to prey on the tired and unsuspecting traveler.

My Dad had a similar experience. He was driving from Sydney to Brisbane (Australia) non stop. he took the New England Highway. He had just fuelled up at the Warwick Roadhouse for his final leg to Brisbane.. He was driving along and then hes saw a little black gremlin (his words) jump out of a tree and onto his bonnet. dad locked up his brakes, pulled over onto the side of the highway and went straight to sleep

I know the story sounds like crap but the Old man is a sceptic and it's a bloody good story

#112 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:01 PM

He was driving along and then hes saw a little black gremlin (his words) jump out of a tree and onto his bonnet.

I had to giggle at that! Loved it.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#113 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:28 PM

Found a web site on Black Dogs

http://nli.northampt...htm#Terminology

ok. since the filters on this site are blocking some of the link, I'll try this

nli.northampton.ac.uk/a$$/psych-staff/sjs/blackdog.htm#Terminology

substitute two S for the $ and you should reach the site.

Edited by Cryscat, 10 October 2011 - 08:31 PM.

Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#114 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:37 PM

I know this link was earlier in this thread, but the hyperlink didn't work there either.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#115 TwitChi

TwitChi

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Art Music Learning

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

I don't know if this helps but there are also the whist-hounds of Wistman's Wood. Whist meaning "spooky" and deprived from the word Wisc- the Norse God of wisdom and War, Odin (Woden). Also known as Yell-hounds and Yeth-hounds. Whisht hounds are headless and glowing black. They roam the moors with their master, Odin, who carries a hunting horn or hunting pole. Sometimes their master is said to be the Devil or Sir Francis DRAKE; he is either astride a horse or on foot. The hounds are said to chase the souls of unbaptised children. Another story says that the hounds themselves, where unbaptized chi;dren who return to hunt down their parents.

People who meet the hounds are said to die within a year, if they do not perish that very night. If you meet them head on you must lie face down with arms and legs crossed and recite the Lord's prayer until they have passed. Dogs that hear the the Whisht hounds baying are certain to die.

Whist hounds are most frequently out on late Sundaunday nights, baying and breathing fire and smoke, They sweep acreoss the moors and end their run by vanishing over a crag. According to lore, anyone who pursues them goes over a cliff to his death.

The Whisht hounds have been seen since 1677 in the area of Buckfastleigh. Reports of the hounds have dwindled in the late 20th century, perhaps because of the decline in beliefs of the supernatural. Both Whisht hounds and Black Shucks have been credited with inspiring Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in the writing of "The Hound of the Backervilles".

This information was obtained through "the Enclopedia of Ghosts and Spirits"- by Rosemary Ellen Guiley

This is kinda freaking me out, and believe me thats saying alot. When i was a child My house was right at a crossroad, my house being on the side of where the road forked, we lived in the stix [bfe]
Well one day when i was pretty young a black pit bull came on our property and walked straight up to me, he followed me around closely, He would let me pet him and come near him. but no one else. It snareled and growled at my famliy if they would approach it, but not me. It wasn't my dog i had never seen it around before and it didn't belong to the neighbors. I lived at my granmaws house in those days and after the day it had come to me it stayed there like it had made our place it its home too. I remember that dog well. I recently brough it up to my mom and granmaw they told me they hated it, they told me somthing wasn't right about that dog. He was taken away after attacking a man driving by on a motorcycle.
Now im 26, Dogs love me, even mean ones. i cant explain it as i wish i could but ever since then idk I feel a deep bond with dogs. but at the same time iv seen things that i wont explain, because even though i know i have seen I still have trouble believing; that really erked me.deep.. But yeah do any of you know of stories or tales of happenings like this?
~TwitChi
"Puteus omnes fairy fabulas una die"

#116 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

I had only ever heard of the Black Dog on the highway myself. It's interesting to read of other Black Dog legends.
Right this way to my haunted space.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users