Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Poll: Worst Horror Movies

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Poll: What is the worst horror movie?

What is the worst horror movie?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:59 PM

I agree with Stellakitty, I love carrie, poltergist, and night of the living Dead. Those movies are completely classic! And I also like The people Under the Stairs, Come on its freakin Wes Craven! And Friday the 13th, I know it is a little boring but you got to give it props for being a Classic. If you want to put a bad horror movie on there put Evil Dead!

Evil Dead is a classic...BRUCE CAMPBELL IS A GOD!!!!!
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#47 LindenD

LindenD

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:56 AM

I must say I own Evil Dead because its freaking Funny, but as a horror movie it bombs.
"Transcend the Boundaries of Reality"

#48 softy-girl

softy-girl

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 02:11 PM

I voted Chuckie!
You don't have to see it to believe it!

#49 Buttonbear

Buttonbear

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 02:55 PM

I have to say that bad horror movies are my dirty little secret! I LOVE them! I voted for IKWYDLS because I hate the late 90s teen slasher movies - they're pants! I actually collect unknown horror movies as a hobby - try Undead from Australia for a gore-fest - it's hilarious. I think watching Chuckie when I was 8 kinda ruined me - I just don't get scared by blood and guts anymore. The one that scared me the most recently was The Exorcism of Emily Rose, just for the psychological jump factor. Versus (Japanese) is absolutely hilarious - gangster/mythological/martial arts/gore fest/zombie flick. I've also just bought Shadow of the Vampire with Eddie Izzard and John Malkovic from eBay - can't wait to watch it!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#50 ChrisR

ChrisR

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal<br />My Suzuki GSX-R600<br />Football<br />Sharks<br />Industrial &amp; Trance Music

Posted 19 March 2006 - 03:51 PM

This is the worst horror film of all time - it's also the most hilarious. A must see.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 22 April 2006 - 06:41 PM

Add The hills have eyes to that list!
I saw it last month.
And it deserves a place on that list.
It was a land of the dead wanna be.
OMG I couldn't beleive the ending!
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#52 Buttonbear

Buttonbear

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 01:45 PM

I forgot some all time classically bad horror movies!! Has anyone else seen the Wishmaster series - it sucked on such a level it was almost disappearing up its own cover. And shadow of the vampire wasn't that great - more of a documentary unfortunately. They could have done soooo much more with it *sigh*
Posted ImagePosted Image

#53 Gregory

Gregory

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 07:27 PM

I rented this movie sort of recently--Demon Child 666, I think it was called. It really was fantastically awful. They didn't have money to make the rubber doll--sorry, demon--move--so when it attacked some guy, they had him hold it up to his neck and sort of wriggle it around. I almost fell out of my chair.
What Would Batman Do?

#54 Cotton Mather

Cotton Mather

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 10:02 PM

The movies in this poll are not that bad. A couple of them are classics like Night of the Living Dead. The first Friday the 13 was ok, it was all the sequels that were bad. The worst of these listed are only mediocre.

How about Blade 2 and 3? Those were terrible. Van Helsing stunk, Queen of the Damned was really bad,How about the whole Subspecies series, really bad stuff. Phantom Force was a snoozer. Prince of Darkness was painful to endure. Alone in the Dark(2005) was probably the worst movie Ive ever seen period.
I could go on and on, no offense but there are dozens maybe hundreds of horror movies worse than any in this poll, maybe you've just been fortunate enough not to see them.

#55 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 18 May 2006 - 03:01 AM

Race with the Devil-->Starring Peter Fonda

Two young couples are out camping in an RV when they happen upon some Satanic cult doing a ritual. They flee but never get away as members of the cult are around them everywhere they go.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#56 Cotton Mather

Cotton Mather

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 12:17 PM

That movie isnt so bad. It was after all a made for tv movie in the 70s. It had Lorretta Swit who played Hot Lips Hoolahan on MASH in it. It does seem kinda silly by todays standards but when I saw it in the 70s it was fairly scary, course I was probably 11 or 12.

#57 Magrathea82

Magrathea82

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, ghost hunting

Posted 25 May 2006 - 03:01 PM

I loved Night of the Living Dead and got a little peeved when the black guy was killed at the end. I never understood why the killed him, since wasn't ever attacked. I liked it so much that I got Dawn of the Dead-the 70's version, then the remake, 28 Days Later, Land of the Dead and Shaun of the Dead. I'll tell you one thing though, watching these in secession, day after day, I had nightmares about the dead coming alive. Then when my sister got The Zombie Survival Guide (written by Mel Brooks's son) I knew we were whacked even more than before. Isn't there supposed to be a ps2 game based on Land of the Dead? I saw it in the previews, but can't find it anywhere.
PS-In the boxed video version of Night of the Living Dead, there's a parody called 'Night of the Living Bread' where instead of being attacked by the living dead.....people are attacked by pieces of bread. They showed the characters barricading the windows with plastic wrap and unplugging the toasters. It was freaking stupid, but funny as all he**

Edited by Magrathea82, 25 May 2006 - 03:05 PM.

When life throws you a fast one, either duck or catch

#58 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 01 June 2006 - 02:52 AM

I loved Night of the Living Dead and got a little peeved when the black guy was killed at the end. I never understood why the killed him, since wasn't ever attacked. I liked it so much that I got Dawn of the Dead-the 70's version, then the remake, 28 Days Later, Land of the Dead and Shaun of the Dead. I'll tell you one thing though, watching these in secession, day after day, I had nightmares about the dead coming alive. Then when my sister got The Zombie Survival Guide (written by Mel Brooks's son) I knew we were whacked even more than before. Isn't there supposed to be a ps2 game based on Land of the Dead? I saw it in the previews, but can't find it anywhere.
PS-In the boxed video version of Night of the Living Dead, there's a parody called 'Night of the Living Bread' where instead of being attacked by the living dead.....people are attacked by pieces of bread. They showed the characters barricading the windows with plastic wrap and unplugging the toasters. It was freaking stupid, but funny as all he**

The original 'Night of the Living Dead', like all of Romero's zombie films, is a commentary on the times in which it was made. The time in question in this case, of course, being the late sixties when you had the Vietnam War, lots of racial tension, the hippie movement, assasinatons, etc. The zombies in that movie are a symbol of "the other" feared by the establishment.

But really, the zombies themselves aren't that big of a threat when you get down to it. The real threat is human nature. In Romero's point of view, when faced with a disastrous situation, it's not so much the disaster itself as our reactions to it that will ultimately doom us. The living characters in the movie are as much, if not more, concerned about staking out their own positions of power as they are in dealing with the threat outside. No one, including Ben, is really the "hero" of the movie. It's a dim view of humanity that is a recurring theme in all Romero's 'Dead' movies, and probably made most explicit in the non-zombie film 'The Crazies' that he made between 'Night' and 'Dawn'.

Although when he wrote the movie, he didn't have a black actor in mind for the lead, once Duane Jones was cast as Ben Romero wisely incorporated racial issues into the film. The ending montage of still photos of Ben's body being dragged by a hook and thrown on a pyre are clearly meant to recall similar images of racial violence of the time. It perhaps even begs the question, was Ben shot because the (white) shooter thought he was a zombie, or because he was a black man and it didn't really matter to the shooter either way?

Of course you can watch all Romero's movies strictly for entertainment value and not worry about the subtext, but it's there (and intentional) if you want it. If you're interested in more info, check out a book called 'The Zombies That Ate Pittsburgh' by Paul R. Gagne, or just read some interviews with Romero in horror magazines. There's lots of horror films out there that are good for one or two viewings, but in my opinion it's the depth that Romero brings to his films that makes me want to keep watching them over and over again.
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#59 spelling

spelling

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 05:49 AM

how about ....
the wormeaters.....people that ate tempting worms then turned into giant human size worms

the corpse grinders....man ran out of scrap for dog food factory so he.. well you know! :)

#60 rigormortis

rigormortis

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,Race cars,drawing &amp; My family

Posted 06 June 2006 - 08:13 AM

People under the staires souldn't even be in the catagory with horror pictures.It was stuped and a disgrace to horror flicks as was a few others. Some like attack of the killer tomatoes ( :toilet: ) Who came up with that dumb@!$ Movie.and attack of the 50' woman (Just plain dumb).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users