Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Poll: Worst Horror Movies

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Poll: What is the worst horror movie?

What is the worst horror movie?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 starlitkate

starlitkate

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:www.unexplained-mysteries.com<br />www.angelsghosts.com

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:27 AM

I think worst horror movie ever was 'House of the Dead' Terrible movie. :D Had such high standards and it was such a huge dissapointment.

Click Below to View my Site!!

Posted Image

#62 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:56 AM

~I was dissappointed by the movie The Cave and like the 3rd or 4th Poltergeist. :D
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#63 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 11:04 AM

Oh come on! I almost flipped out when I saw Night of the Living Dead, Poltergeist, and Friday the 13th on this list! Come on! Those movies are classics! How can you not like those movies, I mean seriously!

#64 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 07 August 2006 - 11:52 AM

Oh come on! I almost flipped out when I saw Night of the Living Dead, Poltergeist, and Friday the 13th on this list! Come on! Those movies are classics! How can you not like those movies, I mean seriously!

:D :) :Spaz:
~I have to agree with you Jakob!! I liked all of those you mentioned....except when they wouldn't leave wll enough alone with Poltergeist, ya know.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#65 jakob493

jakob493

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 12:25 PM

Very true, they should have left it with the first, however, the first was still a great movie. Different, but good.

#66 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 07 August 2006 - 12:39 PM

I think the list should include "Jeepers Creepers", that one was just, BAD!
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#67 starlitkate

starlitkate

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 10:49 PM

Jeeper Creepers scared the crap out of me. That bat guy was terrifying and how he cut up that boy in the end. :wow:

Jakob-I agree with you-those shouldn't have been on the list. But the 1st Poltergeist was enough-they shouldn't have kept the saga going and going. In fact All of Those EXCEPT- Chuckie, IKWYDLS, PUS, & Scream shouldn't be on there.
And why is Halloween 4 on there. Shouldn't it be Halloween 3 on the list. It was Halloween 3 that had nothing to do with Michael & that sucked.

Posted Image

#68 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:14 AM

I actually kind of like 'Halloween 3'. They probably should have called it something else, but for what it is I don't think it's that bad. Certainly not among the worst of all time. All the 'Halloween' movies after that, however... not really that good, sorry. The presence of "Michale Meyers/The Shape" in and of itself does not a good movie make. There are so many horror movies way worse than anything on this list, though. Every week at least two or three flaming bags full of dog excrement show up on the shelves of my local Hollywood Video that would make even 'People Under the Stairs' look like a masterpiece.

And 'Jeepers Creepers' on this list? Not for my money. Personally I found that to be one of the more original and interesting horror films of the past decade. Cool monster, decent acting, and solid directing (even if the director is a convicted pedophile - eww).
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#69 starlitkate

starlitkate

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:53 AM

Ya JC is a good movie. And ya you're right about the whole crappy movies turning up on your local movie rental shelfs. Same here. And my true horror fan of a man can't seem to realize that they're all crap. It gets old when he comes home with a handful of horror movies that we've never heard about. If he finds one good movie then he'll use that as an excuse as to why he rents them. lmao hehe
And I thought Halloween 3 sucked by far. Cuz it is about M.Myers after all and part 3 wasn't.
And ya JC's director being a pedophile is sick, but-I loved the JC's movies and will be looking foward to part 3.
I thought Scream sucked. It don't really to deserve to be on the list compared to these non-theatre release horror movies but like my bf loves the Scream franchise-he has the whole mask and such and I told him it was the mask that caused the frenzy and hype and that the movie all together in itself sucked cuz it was targeted more for a teen audience than a adult horror film and that is why we loved it in those earlier years.

Edited by starlitkate, 11 August 2006 - 06:54 AM.

Posted Image

#70 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 16 August 2006 - 01:22 PM

I personally didn't care at all for Jeepers Creepers, it's not really my taste. I also recall C.H.U.D. from way back, I thought that one was a stinker too.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#71 jakob493

jakob493

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:41 PM

Egh, Jeepers Creepers. Didnt necessarily like it. I was expecting the movie to be totally different, but it was really just a simple slasher movie.

I think Halloween Ressurrection should be on the list. That one SUCKED. I loved the first couple Halloween movies. The first one especially, because it was less of a slasher movie, rather it was more of a psycological thriller, because how you would always see him far in the background, then he'd dissappear, and how his face wasnt shown, etc. Ressurrection ruined it, they just turned it into a teen slasher. I would have taken a whole different direction with that movie.

#72 A.L.E.X.

A.L.E.X.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Love horror movies and being scared. Want to experience ghost activity but I ain't touching no Ouija board.

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:35 PM

Not that Poltergeist 2 was any good but that old man in the black suit and hat that kept singing and showed up at their house creeped the hell outta me. JK's was okay. I loved it til I found out what the killer was then it went downhill from there. Most on this list are classics as previously stated. Does anyone remember "Last House on the Left"? I'm not sure who directed it but it totally sucked major arse. It came out in the late 70's I think, and I ended up selling the dvd on ebay for like $3 w/s & h included! I just wanted to get rid of it, it wasn't worth the shelf space it was taking hehe.
"Live or die...make your choice."

#73 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 19 August 2006 - 04:15 AM

Not that Poltergeist 2 was any good but that old man in the black suit and hat that kept singing and showed up at their house creeped the hell outta me. JK's was okay. I loved it til I found out what the killer was then it went downhill from there. Most on this list are classics as previously stated. Does anyone remember "Last House on the Left"? I'm not sure who directed it but it totally sucked major arse. It came out in the late 70's I think, and I ended up selling the dvd on ebay for like $3 w/s & h included! I just wanted to get rid of it, it wasn't worth the shelf space it was taking hehe.

Funny you should mention 'Last House' as I was just watching the DVD tonight. This is one of my all time favorite horror movies. It's completely devoid of "entertainment" value. It's just a brutal, disturbing, mean spirited look at human nature. It's one of those movies that I admire immensely while at the same time I derive no enjoyment from watching it, which is exactly the intention.

The director was Wes ('A Nightmare on Elm Street', 'Scream') Craven, and it was his first movie. Sean ('Friday the 13th') Cunningham was the producer. The basic plot was taken from Ingmar Bergman's art film 'The Virgin Spring'. It was released in 1972, and in my opinion set a standard for uncomforatably realistic horror that has seldom been matched and never exceeded. The only horror movie that even comes close to 'Last House' in the depravity and realism category is the original 'The Texas Chain Saw Massacre'.
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#74 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 19 August 2006 - 05:27 AM

I have to agree with Bob on Last House on the Left. It's not a fun movie to watch at all, but it's one of the most shocking "horror" films ever. It's raw, brutal unforgiving and definately not for the faint of heart. It doesn't belong on a list of worts horror films. But hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

More recently, certain parts of The Devil's Rejects kind of reminded me of Last House. Particularly the seen in the motel with Otis and Baby tormenting the Banjo and Sullivan group. I won't get into anymore detail than that.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#75 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 09:21 PM

Funny you should mention 'Last House' as I was just watching the DVD tonight. This is one of my all time favorite horror movies. It's completely devoid of "entertainment" value. It's just a brutal, disturbing, mean spirited look at human nature. It's one of those movies that I admire immensely while at the same time I derive no enjoyment from watching it, which is exactly the intention.

The director was Wes ('A Nightmare on Elm Street', 'Scream') Craven, and it was his first movie. Sean ('Friday the 13th') Cunningham was the producer. The basic plot was taken from Ingmar Bergman's art film 'The Virgin Spring'. It was released in 1972, and in my opinion set a standard for uncomforatably realistic horror that has seldom been matched and never exceeded. The only horror movie that even comes close to 'Last House' in the depravity and realism category is the original 'The Texas Chain Saw Massacre'.

I knew if anyone would understand why I own that dvd, you would. Have you seen "They Call Her One Eye" or something like that? I believe the American release was under a different title, Thriller: A Cruel Picture or something like that. It reminds me a bit of Last House.
myspace.com/corecontagionmy DVDAF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users