• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 10:46 AM

Folks, if you haven't tried it out, our new chat room is now ready for use! I think you will be impressed when you try it out.

Here are some of the great features:

-No logging in! Once you're logged in to these message boards, you just click on the "chat" link in the main menu at the top of the screen, or on the link at the bottom of the main message board page and the room will open in a new window so you can stay in the message boards and have the chat room open as well.

-Three main chat rooms! Ghost Chat, Spirituality, and Encounters.

-Add your own rooms! Once in the chat room, you can click on the "Add" button and create a new public or private room. In a private room, you can invite others to join you. No one else will be able to gain access unless you invite them.

-Instant Messages! Click on the name of someone in the chat room and a pop-up window will allow you to send private, instant messages that no one else can see.

-Choose your own colors! By clicking the "Options" button you can choose your own colors, background, etc. Make the room look exactly like you want it, and the room will remember next time you log in.

We hope to get a lot more people using the chat rooms, so feel free to stay logged in the room.

We'll be scheduling some regular chats soon!
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#2 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 11:13 AM

Wow, this is great!

Hunny
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#3 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 11:22 AM

I read that we could create our own chat room. Will the chat room that we create be viewable on the main forum?

Hunny
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#4 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 14 September 2004 - 11:58 AM

This sounds great to me. I don't have very much experience with chat rooms, and this one sounds really easy to get in. Looking forward to those scheduled times! :D
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,359 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 14 September 2004 - 12:24 PM

HunnyFire, to answer you - yes, but only till a chat session is active. The next time you log in, you wont be having the room that you create. If you have worked on Yahoo chat, you would be knowing this already.
Posted Image

#6 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. <br><br>

Posted 14 September 2004 - 02:06 PM

Yeah the chat room works great. I have logged in there a few times.... However it is usually DEAD when I get in there......

:D
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#7 honeybeary

honeybeary

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Interests:Reading, walking, hiking, photography

Posted 14 September 2004 - 11:35 PM

Wow, the chat room is great I love how we can set ur ow backgrounds, greta feature. Oh! yeah, glad the chat room is back.
What doesn't kill us makes us strong.

#8 bsandromeda

bsandromeda

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 09:36 AM

hmm it doesnt seem to work for me.. all i get is the background picture

#9 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 15 September 2004 - 09:56 AM

have you gone in there while theres people in there bsandromeda? it might just be thats its empty. but maybe not.

Also to who ever organises it, if you do organize a chat could you possibly work it so that the people the other side of the pond will not have to wait up untill 2am to chat with you lot ;)

thanks.
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#10 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. <br><br>

Posted 16 September 2004 - 11:45 PM

I am in the chat right now..... Thursday, September 16, 11:50pm Central Time............. Anybody? :weeee:
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#11 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:00 AM

I was wondering if you are going to organise a little chat sometime soon?
Because i do enjoy getting to know the occasional GVillager that pops in, not that many at the time im on though :( I dont know what it would be about either ;)
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#12 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,359 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:09 AM

Yeah, we used to have scheduled chats at 12 noon and 9 pm EST, but I dont think many a villagers were actually available those times. We may need to work out something on this line. Let others join in and decide.
Posted Image

#13 Wind of Light

Wind of Light

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Playing RuneScape is my number one hobby/interest now.<br />www.runescape.com

Posted 25 September 2004 - 07:40 PM

Yeah the chat room works great. I have logged in there a few times.... However it is usually DEAD when I get in there......

:lol:

yeah, same here :unsure:

;) :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee:
-Du Súndavar Freohr-===================================--------------------------------------------Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here and drink what comes out"?

#14 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,364 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 25 September 2004 - 10:56 PM

sounds like fun ;)
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#15 GhostWhispers

GhostWhispers

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Anime. Films. Horror movies. Music. Reading. Writing. Poetry. Arts & Crafts. Photography. Beaches. Nature. The Paranormal. =)

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:53 AM

I can't seem to find the chat room, what is it under?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users