Dreams....what are they?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:53 PM

I dont know if this thread has done before.

Whats your take on dreams? are they another world in which we go to visit each night?
Is something to do with chemicals going around your brain helping you to forget your troubles and remember the good times? (if so why do we have nightmares?)

The mind is the final frontier in the human body of which science today still has a hard time trying to work out, i dont know what to make of it, Do you?

Whats your thoughts?
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#2 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 17 September 2004 - 03:45 PM

Great topic, once it gets going!

Most dreams are just our brains roaming free. Chemicals triggering random synapses.

Other times dreams can be a glimpse into the future or past; a moment of inspiration from the Divine.

Some people suggest it is possible for us to astrally travel while in this altered state of mind. Our souls temporarily leave our bodies

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#3 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 17 September 2004 - 03:56 PM

I've been told that dreams are our way of subconciously dealing with things, and that nightmares are the subconciousness dealing with our deepest fears.

Now...I just need to figure out why my most vivid dreams always involve me in a large old Victorian house with floor after floor of undiscovered rooms. :(

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#4 Daewen

Daewen

Thinks Smilies Taste Like Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:41 PM

I think our dreams are our subconscious telling us something...or sometimes just random things...
http://myworld.ebay....riakuroneko0489 Buy my clothes! Take a look.

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

#5 soul_drifter

soul_drifter

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:Many many things =D

Posted 21 September 2004 - 09:15 PM

Me, I think Dreams are our subconscious dealing with the problems of our day. For example, lets say someone told us off earlier that afternoon. That night you will dream something that will have something to do with that fight. Its just your subconscious (ok, I am tired of writing that, I am just gonna say SC, lol) dealing with that. Now, nightmares I think are when your SC gets maybe a little too out of hand with things. Or the problem is real big or hard to deal with.
"Ignorance, the stem and root of all evil" ~PlatoWe have eyes, but do we see?

#6 MTV

MTV

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 06:22 AM

I've been told that when you dream, you're visiting the other side.That could explain why some people dream of someone they know who has passed on,and have actually talked with that person.I dream of my father all the time,so I'm thinking I am on the other side.That's what I believe anyway's.I have made a pact with a friend of mine that when he dies,he will contact me in my dream's,or visit me in spirit form.

#7 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 24 September 2004 - 09:01 AM

I agree with the thought that dreams are our SC's way of dealing with life, problems, and fears. My husband's feelings on nightmares is that it is a way of dealing with karmic issues that are too frightening to deal with when awake/aware. He says that he believes that we can work thru these things in dreams/nightmares so that we don't have to deal with them in our next lives.

Vamp - all those unopened doors to undiscovered rooms might just be representative of life - and your going out to learn. If a person is afraid in a dream like that, it could mean that the person has a fear of the unknown, but the person being eager to keep going would mean that they are ready to face any challenge, etc.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#8 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 24 September 2004 - 09:12 AM

D._Burt....

Funny, that's what the dream symbol websites were saying that I checked out after I posted here initally. That each floor represented a part of myself. Which then would be interpreted much the way you have, since my Big Victorian House has so many rooms that I stumble over that I didn't know were there, then I have much to discover about myself.

I never find myself afraid when I have this kind of dream (except once, where the house dream turned into a nightmare where my mother died in a car accident and then called me on the phone after it happened....strange), more wondering why I didn't see/know this room or that room before and curious as to what it contains. Generally boxes and unique furniture. I have this kind of dream a lot, and it's always vivid and stays with me.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#9 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 12:04 AM

what would you call a dream where you don't know anyone in the dream and the event you are seeing is actually happening as you are dreaming it. Then you see the evnt unfold in front of you on the news and you know exactly what happened before they say it in the report and you actually felt the experience that the person felt in your dream and then find out that the person is dead.

#10 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 26 September 2004 - 12:10 AM

Premonition! Deja Vu! Dreams as a whole can be tricky!
Posted Image

#11 Wittnessofgod

Wittnessofgod

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 05:32 PM

In religious manners deams are considered realms the mind creates. This is called Lucid Dreaming. This realms are excessible to spirits or demons or ect.
The mind has the power in these religions to create a realm however it wants. once these realms are created they stay so supposably you are able by astral Projection to return to you past dream realm.
Posted Image

#12 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 09:40 PM

Found this interesting paper on Lucid Dreaming.

http://www.lucidity....eamingFAQ2.html

In the language a psycologist uses, a Lucid Dream is a dream that you KNOW you are dreaming.

This excerpt from the first paragraph is interesting.

"A minority of lucid dreams (according to the research of LaBerge and colleagues, about 10 percent) are the result of returning to REM (dreaming) sleep directly from an awakening with unbroken reflective consciousness."

I do that sometimes. Snap awake because something woke me up, then slip back to sleep and going right back into the dream I was having. Always that house though......

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#13 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 02 October 2004 - 03:26 PM

Yeah i've done that a few times gone straight back into a dream i was having before i awoke, also which i've had a few times is that sometimes i've realised im dreaming and im thinking to myself 'ah right this is a dream what shall i do?' , in one i even thought to myself i think 'll visit my town ten years ago and i suddenly i found myself in my town years before but not any younger. :blink: Do you think i just dream that im aware or can it happen?
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users