Do spirits feed off of human energy??

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 dansgirl

dansgirl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Photography, poodle breeding, camping, traveling, enjoying the world God created.

Posted 04 February 2004 - 12:26 PM

I was just wondering if anyone had an answer/theory to this question.
Dansgirl :;)
Every new day is a gift from God,enjoy each and everyday, as though it is your last. Take time to stop and smell the roses along the way! Have a Great Day...."When Someone you love becomes a memorythe memory becomes a treasure"Unknown

#2 ghosthunter1010

ghosthunter1010

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 12:29 PM

Personally when I ve had a run in with a spirit I feel tired, I think they can feed off your energy in order to communicate with you.  I ve read it from different books also.  Just my thought [smiley=cwm9.gif]

#3 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 04 February 2004 - 04:16 PM

Absolutely!  Spirits can utilize bio energy from your body just like they can draw energy from other sources.  Afterwords you will feel fatigued and/or cold.  If you are unwilling to share your lifeforce/energy with a spirit, visualize a surrounding brillient white light and the spirit will back off, or wash out.  ;)
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#4 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 04 February 2004 - 05:10 PM

Spirits can draw energy from many external sources (including human ) using electromagnetic currents to present themselves visualy in addition to using such energy sources to move and manifest themselves in numerous forms.

Usually there is either a geomagnetic or electromagnetic source directly connected to areas where hauntings are experienced.

Geomagnetic causes seem to be the primary trigger in interactive cases but electromagnetic sources are almost always present during the actual event.

(While)

Electromagnetic sources are (definitly) and directly connected to residual type hauntings based on what I have seen in my research. In every case I have studied , without exception, there was always a shift in electromagnetic activity just before , during and after the event in question.

I hope this helps answer your question,

Rockhauler2k1

P.S. Any further questions or clarification just ask  ;)
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#5 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 09:10 PM

Mes oui! I believe they can also feed off emotions, especially fear so I can guess that the adrenaline rush of contact is like a smorgasboard to them
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#6 TKE448

TKE448

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 05:24 AM

Like everyone else here so far has said, I too believe that spirits, ghosts, etc. do feed off from our energy/emotions.  Like many will say, after an encounter, mamy of us will feel "drained" for a bit.  But, I haven't said anything here that hasn't already been said.
A Drifter is only a poet with wings, he moves but he can't learn to fly, running in footsteps ahead of his time, with no one to see if he cries. Doyle Lawson & QuicksilverPosted ImagePosted Image

#7 lmackey

lmackey

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 09:14 AM

YES!  Most spirits I have encountered know my emotions and react as they feel I can handle at that time, but there are other spirits who will do oposite of your emotions/energy.  When your energy levels or emotions are low they will push you to the limit.  That is whenI believe most of the true ghosts stories of people getting hurt happen.  Not that the spirit hurt them, but because their defences are down they are less likely to handle the paranormal happenings that the spirit cause.
lmackey, the (Ghost) Village Idiot

#8 ghostly

ghostly

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 10:52 AM

very much so. i'm rather sensitive when it comes to ghosts. i'm always drained when i sense something.

i go up to hawk mountain and my favorate haunts and i feel exhausted by the time i'm about to leave, and if you've been ghost hunting you know it's a bunch of walking and/or sitting, nothing that would make you feel like you need 8 hours of sleep afterwards.

i believe it does to you what it does to batteries..just leaves you empty.

#9 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 07 February 2004 - 11:22 AM

A most definite YES!  They not only feed off our energy, but our emotions, as well.
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#10 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 07 February 2004 - 10:28 PM

Yes they surely can feed off of your energy.  If you live in a house that is haunted they can even feed off of your energy and emotions to the point of making you feel ill.  I have lived that one before and it isn't very much fun.  It is like having the flu all the time with no way to get rid of it.  Not a heavy bout of it but just an annoying light case of it.   ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 Tabythah

Tabythah

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Location:x1|Sudbury|Canada|canada|329|367|ON,Ontariox1|Sudbury|Canada|canada|329|367|ON,Ontario

Posted 10 February 2004 - 04:28 PM

I totally agree. I've heard a theory before, pertaining more to orbs, but I believe can be connected with spirits. that they do indeed feed off of energy. Thats why the temperture drops when a spirit is present. A cold spot is basically a spirit draining the energy.

#12 ghosthunter1010

ghosthunter1010

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 06:44 PM

I know a lady here in south florida who has no air conditioning and her back bedroom and several spots in the house are like a walk-in freezer.  And after a visit to her house I am drained and can't move. ;)

#13 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 07:19 AM

Taby, I've heard that theory as well
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#14 TKE448

TKE448

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 09:15 AM

Ok guys,  I told you that I would come back to haunt all of you. LOL  We've established that spirits do in fact feed of from our energies/emotions.  But the question that I pose, is simply Why?  I don't mean this question to undermine anyone or anything, just wanted to spice up this thread.  I mean, why do they have to feed off from our energy and emotions?  Why not through other sources of energy, such as electric? (of course, if I was a former human, I do believe that I would want to use energy more closely resembling that which I formerly possessed)

Just think about it for a moment or two.  Residual hauntings are likened to a video-cassette, destined to replay over and over until whatever energy that it uses run out.  If it were only human energy, then wouldn't the event continue as long as there were someone there to see it?  In cases such as this, I would have to say that it thrives off from some other type of energy.  (Before anyone says it, I know that I am comparing a spirit/ghost to that of a residual haunting, but the common ground there for them both is that they both need an energy source.)  Just something to think about.
A Drifter is only a poet with wings, he moves but he can't learn to fly, running in footsteps ahead of his time, with no one to see if he cries. Doyle Lawson & QuicksilverPosted ImagePosted Image

#15 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 12 February 2004 - 09:25 AM

have you thought of the possibility of making themself known? say they are trying to communicate subtly but inturn since we are no reciprocating, our energy gets drained and they get more of it to be visible of something? well, not too sure though!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users