Seances

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 19 September 2004 - 01:17 PM

I was wondering if anyone has been to a real seance. I am not talking about a bunch of kids sitting around holding hands in the dark while one starts to moan and ask 'are you theeeerrrreeee?'

I mean the real ones, where a professional or registered Spiritualist Church minister/medium conducts the session?

I have been to three, and those were a few years ago. I became friends with the minister of the local NSC after my husband wrote an article on the local Spiritualist camp. The medium he interviewed invited me to attend several seminars on their church and practices as she told me that I was very talented and should learn how to handle my abilites. I enjoyed these, and learned much. After she left for home, I stayed with my new friends and at some point the minister invited me to a seance. Nothing much happened at the first two, but the third, my friend's last, we had some interesting things happen. That one was conducted by the minister's friend. Sy is from Arizona/Nevada (now retired) and he is third generation Spiritualist. He and I got to talking about his family as Deenah set up the trumpet and water and the rest. His great-grandmother was a healer and there were healers in his family. People began arriving at that point, so we didn't have a chance to continue, but I was directed to sit between him and Deenah. The lights were dimmed a bit and we bowed our heads in prayer. There were readings for some of the attendees and I noticed vapor coming from the water. The trumpet eventually moved - swayed but never lifted. At some point, towards the end, Sy took up my hand in one of his and lifted the other. I lifted my free hand and we began trying to get spirit to lift the trumpet without speaking. I suddenly felt my right arm go hot and felt this heat go along my arm to my hand that Sy held. We both were trembling at this point and our held hands seemed to tingle and grow hot. I realized I was pushing at his hand and he was trying to steady it. At some point, our hands pushed together and came apart. No one else in the room - about a dozen people - had seen this happen except for my niece. She said it was weird, we were swaying to an from each other, like a strange dance and the light seemed brighter at that part of the room. Later, after the seance was concluded, he took me aside and told me that I am a very powerful healer and this was manifested just now - my healing energy had collected up and went into him spontaneously. He had been having some aches and pains, and now they were gone. I was totally exhausted - and starving! My friend Deenah has since passed over, and there is no longer a Spiritualist church in my town. I lost touch with Sy after he retired. But I remember that night with affection as well as awe.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#2 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. <br><br>

Posted 19 September 2004 - 02:46 PM

Never been to a seance, but that sure was a good read!

:) :P ;) :weeee:
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#3 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Working Out<br />Music and Dance<br />And Being a wife and Mom!

Posted 20 September 2004 - 11:35 AM

No .......

Ive done the silly kid thing....

But I dont really want to be a part of a real one! :ph34r:

too spooky
"You only get 1 shot!"

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 20 September 2004 - 11:39 AM

Posted Image I can say partly, but not the kinda seances that the west have.
Posted Image

#5 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 20 September 2004 - 01:35 PM

Oh, little light, they are not scary things at all!!! They are informative, and can also be fun. More social than you might think!! Spirit is not to be feared at all! Spirit should be welcomed and learned from!! Not feared.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#6 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 20 September 2004 - 01:37 PM

Very true D.Burt. But we may need to be aware of the Demons and Evil entities. It is all about awareness.
Posted Image

#7 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,364 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 20 September 2004 - 02:25 PM

i'm with MOON on that one
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#8 PariahPeace

PariahPeace

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 06:35 PM

I haven't been to an actual seance...I'd love to go, if I ever can find the opportunity.
Posted Image

#9 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 09:18 AM

Oh, I totally agree with you, Moonchild. A proper seance is opened with a prayer of protection of the circle, as well as certain precautions - water in a bowl, etc. There are also instructions from the medium as to what to expect, etc. I would never, ever try to begin anything like that without knowing what you are doing! That's how trouble begins. You have to take these things seriously, and not like it's a lark. When I talk about seances being fun, I guess I mean that they aren't frightening, but enlightening. You don't sit in a dark room holding hands and swaying side to side until the table starts to fly around in the air, that's all.

#10 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 09:25 AM

Yeah!....Moons right!

As for me...NOOOO Thanks!
I'll leave that for the Pro's! :ph34r:
"You only get 1 shot!"

#11 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 09:28 AM

Anyways.....

I already see way too many weird things!
Dont want to add to the list... :P
"You only get 1 shot!"

#12 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 09:40 AM

Posted Image

#13 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 10:54 AM

I don't know. I guess that I am just not scared of spirit contact. I grew up with it, and when I was little, I thought everyone had ghosts in their houses, like everyone had a stove, etc. I was about 12 when I figured out that this wasn't the case. That must be why they don't scare me. As a matter of fact, I felt kind of lonely when I moved in to this house and there wasn't 'anyone' here. My old friend was sort of a protector who cared about me and was always 'there'. Guess that makes me pretty weird, huh.

Posted ImagePosted ImagevPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#14 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 02:13 PM

I don't know. I guess that I am just not scared of spirit contact. I grew up with it, and when I was little, I thought everyone had ghosts in their houses, like everyone had a stove, etc. I was about 12 when I figured out that this wasn't the case. That must be why they don't scare me. As a matter of fact, I felt kind of lonely when I moved in to this house and there wasn't 'anyone' here. My old friend was sort of a protector who cared about me and was always 'there'. Guess that makes me pretty weird, huh.

Posted ImagePosted ImagevPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I'm with you on this, actually---though I didn't grow up with spirit contact, and in fact was raised in an extremist atheist/skeptical household, when I did first encounter spirit contact it was a very pleasant experience and I've never really been afraid---I know that I have good spirits who can help protect me if I do run into bad ones.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#15 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 08:41 AM

I personally have never been to one, but I'd certainly be interested in being involved with one. :)
I don't have too many thoughts on them since I haven't sutdied them thoroughly. They are certainly interesting, though some seem laden with hoaxes and deceit.
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users