Seances

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 27 September 2004 - 03:55 PM

I would be more inclined to attend one that was hosted by an ordained minister of the National Spiritualist Association of Churches. That way, you could hope that you are less likely to encounter a fraud.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#17 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 04:02 PM

Hmmm... true true. Is there a way for a bunch of people to get together with an experienced medium and conduct a seance?
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#18 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 02 October 2004 - 07:20 PM

Well, if you know a medium that has held seances before, you could approach that person about it. You could discuss details with that person, how many people, what to expect, if they require anything specific, location, etc. The ones I attended were held in the home of the medium. She was the one who asked people to attend, but I had let her know that I would like to attend. She always had a soft spot in her heart for me, and made sure to invite me.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#19 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 02 October 2004 - 09:18 PM

I have been a participant in a circle, where we contacted spirits in a specific location, but have never been a participant in a seance. I think it would be interesting. I do think I would want to wear night-vision goggles to insure it would be hard to practice a deception. :(
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#20 Audryna

Audryna

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigation- both scientific and psychic, Old Cemeteries, animals and wildlife rehab, Earth based Spirituality<br>The night time, and all of it's inhabitants

Posted 03 October 2004 - 03:05 AM

Great Topic! I recently was the hostess for a "communications circle" or sceance. It was a gift given to our paranormal group by a local psychic/ medium after the founder of our group suddenly and unexpectedly passed away. You know, one very remarkable communication took place for a young girl who attended, but I have to say if it wasn't for that I would have really thought it was , well, phoney <_< There was some noise and table knocking but
I am not sure about the authenticity of the person who provided the service. I have heard lotsa not so great stuff about the person who is somewhat of a "personality" and tends to be one of the high-priced, high profile persons who do this. I always doubt that type, lol. Also, I was told that something surely would have manifested if it wasn't for the somewhat dark nature of the spirits in my home! <_<

Umm,I live in our old family home and I have always known something to be here but even to me as a child it has never been dark or scary - maybe a bit melancholy *sigh*

some photos were taken during the procedure (is that good to do?) nothing too incredible, a few possible orbs - nothing for certain

Oh well, not sure how to vote on this one. I do think some people out there may have such knowledge and ability to communicate with the other side, and actually, I think we all can if we take the time to develop it and want to have it.

Happy Hauntings,

Audryna

#21 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 10:03 AM

Well, you bring up a good point. The person who acted as medium doesn't sound like a reliable person to me. That was why I suggested finding someone who is an ordained minister in the Spiritualist Church. You undergo training and testing before you are considered qualified and compentent. Just like other ministerial positions, they make sure that you are serious about this, and that they weed out those who aren't fit/qualified.
I was never at a seance/reading where there was knocking, but that isn't to say it doesn't happen. It just didn't happen to me. I took photos at one seance, and I did ask permission of the two ministers/mediums beforehand. They welcomed the idea, and were hopeful that something would show on them. I don't know if you have to ask first, but it's what I did - I believe that being polite doesn't cost anything, so you might as well be polite! lol

#22 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 11:55 AM

Anyone have a web link to one of these Churches?
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#23 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 07:33 PM

Here you are, Fly. I don't know why I didn't think of it before.

http://www.nsac.org/

#24 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 09:17 PM

Thanks, I'll look it over. ;)

#25 Audryna

Audryna

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigation- both scientific and psychic, Old Cemeteries, animals and wildlife rehab, Earth based Spirituality<br>The night time, and all of it's inhabitants

Posted 04 October 2004 - 02:08 AM

Well, you bring up a good point. The person who acted as medium doesn't sound like a reliable person to me. That was why I suggested finding someone who is an ordained minister in the Spiritualist Church.

Hi D.

I agree completely with that. I haven't heard of that church until now. I will indeed check that out. It was a really interesting and great experience, just left we wondering about the "real" thing. Thank for sharing that.

Take care,

Audryna

#26 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 10:23 AM

It was a really interesting and great experience, just left we wondering about the "real" thing.

I think most people would be disappointed in the real thing, Audryna. The ones I attended were nothing like you would expect, after years of watching what Hollywood thinks they are like. The lights were dimmed a bit, but not too much. That was so we could all relax, but we were still able to see everything very well. The medium wanted us to see that she wasn't doing anything phoney. We sat in a circle, but that was because there were about a dozen people in her living room and to make room for everyone, that's how it worked. (lots like when you have a shower in your house, or a home party! :weeee: ) There was a short explaination at the outset, and then a brief prayer of protection. She then began by doing some breathing/relaxation excersises that she liked to use, and then asked us to concentrate and help her to 'call spirit to our group.' I would say that the longest one was maybe a couple of hours, but there were a lot of people at that one since a medium was visiting there from Arizona.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users