Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Your Religion

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

Poll: What best describes your beliefs?

What best describes your beliefs?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 02:50 PM

Solitary Wiccan, with a great interest in Hindu, Native American tranditions
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#17 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 04:01 PM

As my wife says, "neo-pagan Jesusians". lol!
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#18 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 20 September 2004 - 05:12 PM

I couldn't really vote. I would have if there was a section for no religion. I am not religious in any way. I do know that there is another side that the essence of our being travels to but I don't believe in a supreme god that rules all.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#19 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 20 September 2004 - 05:13 PM

Raised Catholic. Am now a Celtic Pagan. But as far as I am concerned, Pagan (any path) is neither Wiccan nor "Other Mixture", but it's own spiritual path, so I did not add to the poll results.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#20 PariahPeace

PariahPeace

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 05:39 PM

As my wife says, "neo-pagan Jesusians". lol!

LOL, very cool.

I was brought up in the Catholic church, which I left when I was about 15. Now, I subscribe to some Wiccan, some Buddhist, and some Christian beliefs and practices. I practice on my own, church services and "communities" were never positive experiences for me (though I do realize they are very positive for other people). I spend a lot of time reading about a lot of different religions and spiritual paths, though, and pick up a lot of concepts from that. I'm currently reading "The World's Religions," and Celtic and Native American spirituality has always interested me.

Basically, I try to be as good a person as I can -- tolerant, loving, generous, respectful of others, and creative.
Posted Image

#21 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. <br><br>

Posted 20 September 2004 - 06:12 PM

Raised Catholic. Am now a Celtic Pagan. But as far as I am concerned, Pagan (any path) is neither Wiccan nor "Other Mixture", but it's own spiritual path, so I did not add to the poll results.

Man.... I tried to cover everything too....... Darn it !

:weeee:
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#22 BooBooKitty

BooBooKitty

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 06:54 PM

I am a solitary witch (probably best described as a green witch), I've done my year and a day in Wiccan. I now pretty much mix it the way I want depending on what I am doing. I too had begin to wonder if anyone ever heard us, untill the city left me a note telling me I had to get vacinations for all the ferral cats I feed. If I did not they would capture and euthanize them, as I was walking my dogs I just happened to look up and say Goddess I am going to need some help. I told her I had no idea what to do or where to turn for help, it was very depressing. When I got home from work the next night, my neighbor from the opposite end of the street, told me KittyCo would be here in 3 days time to capture, neuter and give the ferral cats in the area rabbies shots. They even would provide the cages for us to use, all we had to do was not feed them the day before. I fully believe something or someone heard my plea and answered.

#23 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. <br><br>

Posted 21 September 2004 - 05:12 PM

Funny..... I got about 20 ferrel cats that I feed.... ONCE a day. The rest of the time they are busy hunting mice and other stuff...

I had several of them spayed, so hopefully will not get anymore for a while. They do tend to die off here and there which keeps the population under control. Since I'm living on a dead end street, the last house, with a field on the other side, there seems to be no problems so far with 'authorities'.

:lol:

#24 Daewen

Daewen

Thinks Smilies Taste Like Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:51 PM

Solitary ecclectic Wiccan
http://myworld.ebay....riakuroneko0489 Buy my clothes! Take a look.

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

#25 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 24 September 2004 - 09:22 AM

Well, I voted other mixture.

I think that it is important to have a spritual side to your life. It's what keeps us balanced. I have some people in my life who are recovering alcoholics/addicts. I have attended some AA activities and have learned that this is key to recovery. They refer to this as belief that we are not alone and that we should turn to our Higher Power - "God as we understand Him." I like the term Higher Power. It implies a being that is there for us, but is very respectful of all our belief systems. I don't think we are whole unless we have some sort of spiritual belief system to help us through the rough patches, and to help us to be good people.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#26 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interests are reading and writing. I also love to research my genealogy and love to research other little historical people or events that catch my attention. I am really getting into homespun crafts and have recently learned howe to weave a basket, make my own paper and am currently learning to carve wood. <br /><br />I am married (10 years in 2006) and have two daughters who will be 10 and 8 in 2006. We all enjoy hanging around outside in our own yard, but also are fond of grabbing a South Carolina map, looking at it and saying &quot;this looks like a cool place&quot; and we will take off and drive there. <br /><br />I also enjoy meeting other people and learning about other places and cultures and have a few penpals that I am trying to be better at writing to regularly.

Posted 24 September 2004 - 06:55 PM

I chose "other mixture" because I was raised Lutheran but have not attended church since I was 10. I like a little bit from a variety of religions but I have basically adopted my own beliefs, prayers and rituals.
Believe and you will be rewarded~Check out my newest release: Magick for the Kitchen WitchVisit my site http://seakla.tripod.com for an autographed copy or purchase it at any online bookstore [

#27 Wind of Light

Wind of Light

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Playing RuneScape is my number one hobby/interest now.<br />www.runescape.com

Posted 25 September 2004 - 03:01 PM

I was going to make a poll just like this a week ago....then i got in trouble, and my mom grounded me, lol, anyway i am a Wiccan.
-Du Súndavar Freohr-===================================--------------------------------------------Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here and drink what comes out"?

#28 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&amp;AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;

Posted 25 September 2004 - 08:33 PM

Wow.... 18 non-Christian, and 3 Christian.... SO FAR.....

This somewhat follows what I figured would happen. Normally, Christians are taught to avoid all such things such as ghost hunting, the 'occult' etc. My brother, who is a Christian Fundamentalist (somewhat whacked I think) even goes so far to tell me I shouldn't watch horror movies for fear of bringing demons into the home...... lol.

;)

#29 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:31 PM

Not all Christians are taught that.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#30 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&amp;AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:57 PM

Like I said..... some are fanatics... haha

;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users