Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Your Religion

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

Poll: What best describes your beliefs?

What best describes your beliefs?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Zoombie

Zoombie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 01:59 AM

Hindu. but not too much religious I guess. Though I believe and pray to God.
Posted Image I have been hit by MoonChild

#32 Angel

Angel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 02:35 PM

Wow.... 18 non-Christian, and 3 Christian.... SO FAR.....

This somewhat follows what I figured would happen. Normally, Christians are taught to avoid all such things such as ghost hunting, the 'occult' etc. My brother, who is a Christian Fundamentalist (somewhat whacked I think) even goes so far to tell me I shouldn't watch horror movies for fear of bringing demons into the home...... lol.

:angry:

Well Tkite...I am your 4th Christian! :( I have relatives that have told me that same thing...watching horror movies...the novels I read Stephen King etc..) will bring demons into my home...etc etc etc.....mind you I have been doing these things since I remember....where are those demons? :blink: Anyway,the intense (dare I say psychotic?) way some ppl are about religion...tends to make me not want to be involved in ANY...but my BELIEFS are Christian..so there ya go...Christian #4 in the house (Lol) Has to be more around here SOMEWHERE!
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." Buddha (563BC-483BC )

#33 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. <br><br>

Posted 27 September 2004 - 02:16 AM

They are hiding in the Confessional closets...... Wiccans hide in the Broom closets...

B)
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#34 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 01:34 PM

Hey PariahPeace, I agree. I think that's pretty much the whole of it. Being a kind, patient, ande generous person is what it's all about. And however you go about that, is ok.
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#35 quiet_ghost

quiet_ghost

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 03:24 PM

I love to hear about different religions because itís a great way to learn about differences and opinions.

#36 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 27 September 2004 - 09:27 PM

Wow.... 18 non-Christian, and 3 Christian.... SO FAR.....

This somewhat follows what I figured would happen. Normally, Christians are taught to avoid all such things such as ghost hunting, the 'occult' etc. My brother, who is a Christian Fundamentalist (somewhat whacked I think) even goes so far to tell me I shouldn't watch horror movies for fear of bringing demons into the home...... lol.

:D

Now you understand why I hide my real identity online! I would hate to find out what would happen if my offline friends recognized me from these posts.

I personally avoid overly demonic or satanic material. It feels wrong to me.

I cleansed a house down in Brazil. The owner made a habit of listening to dark music (American acid rock praising the Prince of Darkness). He didn't understand the lyrics, but all the same weird stuff started happening in his house (floating plates, knives, etc). It scared the owner (a Catholic) bad enough to seek help from Mormon missionaries.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#37 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 27 September 2004 - 09:35 PM

No offence Aloha....but I've always had a real hard time believing that listening to death metal, acid rock, hard rock, etc, would actually bring demons or what have you into the home.

I'm not in the least doubting what you saw/experienced. What I'm doubting is the cause. I mean...I've been listening to stuff like that on and off for years, since I was a teen. Nothing evil or strange has happened in any home I've lived in. And I understand the words (except for death metal...)

So I suspect that the person you helped went through what they did due to other causes. Which can be numerous as we all know.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#38 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. <br><br>

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:23 PM

Jeez the Hindu's are outnumbering me now!

B)

#39 Harmony1215

Harmony1215

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Music (all kinds except country), Witchcraft (mainly celtic but interested in everything). I love learning about all different types of religions.
    I sing the national anthem a few times a year.

Posted 29 September 2004 - 07:47 AM

I was raised as Jehovah's Witness (very interesting and strange religion or some call it cult) but for the past 6 years i am a pracitcing alexandrian/gardnerian witch. This past year I decided to join a coven and have been with them for over a year now.

#40 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 09:01 PM

Harmony 1215:

Glad to see you made the change. Did you know the Watchtower predicted the end of the world in 1975? Many of the JW sold their homes and gave nearly everything away because they thought "This is it" and guess what? 1975 came and went, and it sure left a bunch of people in a bind. JW lost a LOT of people over that. By the way, last count is that the New World Translation has been re-written 11 times since it's conception.

Welcome aboard!

;) :D :weeee:

#41 Harmony1215

Harmony1215

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Music (all kinds except country), Witchcraft (mainly celtic but interested in everything). I love learning about all different types of religions.
    I sing the national anthem a few times a year.

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:05 PM

Hi tkite,

thanks for the welcome.

Yes I know all about their history, unfortunetly i had to find out the hard way since they don't have any publications dating back to the early formation of the religion, mainly b/c it shows that they changed many things from the beginning of the religion until now, and that in their words is hypocritical. Big reason is that they predicted the world many many many times, (1914, 1918, 1930's or 40's) the last time being in the 70's. But they still to this day say that the end of the world will come. Unfortunetly (from experience) many of them jack up credit card bills and don't write out a will or even have life insurance b/c they think the end of the world will happen real soon. ;) And don't even get me started on the re-writing of the new world translation, that book has been translated so many times that if you read another version of the bible (not printed by JW's) it's not even remotley close to the original. They have reworded many scriptures to fit their teachings.

I am very glad that i got out of there and used my brain to think instaed of having someone think for me. Unfortunetly i lost some of my family b/c of leaving.

#42 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:10 PM

Vamp,

I admit I may have misjudged the cause of the haunting. My religious paradigm just grabbed hold of the first convient culprit.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#43 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 30 September 2004 - 08:16 AM

We all do that Aloha, at one point or another for one reason or another. In your case, so long as the haunting, as far as you know, stopped for that person, then it's all good.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#44 Serpent-Wind

Serpent-Wind

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 09:42 AM

Well, I were raised christian, but I'm pretty much a buddhist now with some other things mixed into it. I'm still a seeker though.

#45 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 06 October 2004 - 05:43 PM

Other Mixed???? well at least you didnt try to write in all the religions of the world, you wouldnt have room for the any posts. May I also add that if Edward D. Morrison can only find evil in the heart of mankind then he is not looking hard enough. He may be just to lazy to see what else the heart holds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users