Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Your Religion

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

Poll: What best describes your beliefs?

What best describes your beliefs?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 Morbid

Morbid

Thinks the jelly runs out of the peanut butter sandwich in head

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:20 AM

I noticed a thread.. and decided to make this POLL. :wow:

I'll answer first....... Christian/Wiccan mixture.

I'm a slight confused about this. How could you be Christian, and Wiccan? I know you could be a christian witch, but I hope you could shed some light on your religion.

I myself have finally realized I'm a Chaote, or Chaos Witch. I worship chaos, because it is apparent in all things, and I find I think best and work hardest in chaotic environments. I can't even sleep without some form of noise or something going on.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.The law of Chaos.

#92 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 05:51 PM

We might all have different beliefs but we're all stuck in the same place so when times are tough we should set all differences aside, rally up, join together and get through it.
Do I sound too Utopian? Hey, at least I'm honest.

Whatever

#93 Seņor Hugo

Seņor Hugo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:38 PM

We might all have different beliefs but we're all stuck in the same place so when times are tough we should set all differences aside, rally up, join together and get through it.
Do I sound too Utopian? Hey, at least I'm honest.

Well most religions believe in the exact same thing. So it should be how you say, and will slowly keep moving in that direction.

The difference comes not from the religions themselves, but the people who decide to seperate themselves from other religions. "No, there is no Zeus, only God.(Replace Zeus with Dana, and God with Zuul, or any other diety)"

Christianity, Catholicism, Wiccan, Buddhism, Shamanism, Ancient Greek, Nordic, Shinto, Satanic(not devil worship) etc.

We all believe in generally the same thing, we believe in the same principles.

Just some names have been changed, and some things have been added in by bureaucrats to "con" people into joining their religion.

We "all" believe in a divine. We "all" believe in an afterlife. We "all" believe in being a good person.

That is, for the most part, the fundamentals of religion, fundamentals that I can safely say most everyone on these boards believe in(I think.)
"I am the bridge between worlds. I have experienced life, I have experienced death, others and my own. I am a shaman."

#94 sPiRtUaL nExUs

sPiRtUaL nExUs

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts and wicca also anime and animals.

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:03 PM

Wiccan! :weeee:
A Womens Heart Is An Ocean Of Secrets.

#95 meesha

meesha

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:I love good movies, books, cooking and entertaining and playing in any way with my two boys. I love to scrapbook. I love volunteering at my childrens school. It is alot of fun to work with the kids.

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:18 PM

I noticed a thread.. and decided to make this POLL. :blush:

I'll answer first....... Christian/Wiccan mixture.

I just wanted to say, I am not terribly sure where I stand...used to attend a church (non-liberal christian) for many years. My issue is I am tired of people standing as God in judgement of others. Have been looking for a place to worship...any ideas for western Washington anyone?

Edited by meesha, 03 July 2008 - 01:18 PM.

#96 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:05 AM

Had to vote Other..

Born baptized and raised Catholic. I have found the church to be full of hypocrites, Not wanting to turn my back on a belief system my mother has given me, I turn to nature as a buttress to my catholic upbringing.

I have no use for Sunday service, or the strict organization of the church. I see them as nothing more than layabouts looking for a hand out to preach at you.
This does not include monastery's or other sects that support themselves.

The commandments are a good guide line for life.

As for turning to nature, I would prefer to say a sample prayer, or say thank you to the world around me in general.

I believe there is a higher power, who doesn't punish or praise, only waits patiently for us to fide our way.

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#97 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:&quot;We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness.&quot;

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:49 PM

I believe we were created by 'aliens'.

Otherwise i dont have a religion but i admire those who can keep faith in a 'god'

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#98 xvrene

xvrene

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:52 AM

I am not any certain religion. I believe in God and I believe that Jesus Christ is my Savior. How can you be sure which religion is the right one? I read the Holy Bible and see that there is the Jewish and Christian religion in it, so which one is the right one? I just try to understand the bible for what it is and do what God wants me to do.

#99 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:00 AM

Otherwise i dont have a religion but i admire those who can keep faith in a 'god'

Leonie,

Its funny you say that, I have joked for years that our universe is a child's science experiment, sitting on his or her night stand. And we should all hope that child doesn't get board.

M

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#100 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:&quot;We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness.&quot;

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:47 AM

Haha Yeh sounds just about right Atropa.

I do believe though that some superior species of aliens may have created us in some sort of experiment, maybe a failed experiment. And that when people have been visited by higher beings in the past these have been those 'aliens' giving us knowledge.

This links in with my belief of what ghosts are, I believe that ghosts are the imprint of energy left behind from a person, as we all have energy within us that has no place to go when we die, so it lingers just in the atmosphere. Not anything to do with heaven and hell. So there you go :) simple explanation.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#101 spider_rob

spider_rob

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, legends and folklore, history, reading, PS2 and Wii

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:39 PM

I used to be Catholic and was even an Alter boy for my church. I became older and i believe i was taken away to discover stuff on my own. Perhaps it was God's doing. I still believe in God and heaven....not do much hell or the devil. I had always felt close to a higher deity....someone has kept a close eye on me...or whatever it uses to see with! I have found that things come to me when i need them the most!

I voted other..due to the fact i truly believe all religions seem to have somethings in common and all seem to believe....there is nothing wrong with believing. Nothing wrong with not either. All i know is i believe because i was answered! I always felt closer to God outside. Always at night. Thats when a voice talked to me....

-spider-rob
I'll Kill you and the NIGHT!! -Leon Belmont

#102 Kat Sparrow

Kat Sparrow

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:24 AM

I'M CATHOLIC ROFLMAOOOOZZ. :(

I still have some doubts, though...

Anyway...err, Greek-Orthodox, actually. That's pretty much what there is here in Greece. x3

You're greek? So am I :) .

The story of my religious background thus far is pretty odd lol. My mother and her second husband (Who up until my 14th birthday I assumed was my father) split when I was 12. She raised me in the Greek Orthodox church (like everyone in our family has since we immigrated here from Greece) . My "Dad" was a devout Roman Catholic but he converted when he married mom.

Anyways, when I finally met my real Dad, he introduced me to a mix of wicca/Bhuddism/Spiritualist theology. As strong as my ties to Christianity are, I also feel deeply connected to Wicca and Spiritualism.

I know, a weird combo haha

-Kat
Posted ImageAll a person really needs to survive is a sense of Humor, a little faith, and A BIG ROLL OF DUCT TAPE!

#103 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:19 AM

I know, a weird combo haha
-Kat

Well, that explains why you are a GhostVillager! Welcome to the weird party! :(
Posted Image

#104 sKiTtLeS

sKiTtLeS

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:29 AM

amen to that one lol jk. i dont necessarily believe in the christian god, maybe there is one but i highly doubt it. i think we all are supposed to live i harmony, not kill each other over beliefs i dont think that one person is better than the next, i also dont think that we are above any other creature, known or not known to us. we dont have the right to go probing it just because its new.

#105 paranormal_pixie

paranormal_pixie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:16 PM

I voted "Christian". I dislike the term "religion" very much though and am not fond of organized worship. I understand some people's need for the fellowship but I do find my faith is better served through independent study and appreciation of the "little things" in God's creation. I have been known to attend services on ocassion, when my faith needs a little extra oomph. I've struggled with faith in the past--and have even looked into other creeds which I might ascribe to--but have eventually come back around to what my own conscience has always believed as truth: the Bible.

I also believe that faith is a proufoundly personal thing. Some need it, some don't. What makes sense to one, may not make sense to another. What touches me deeply on an emotional level, may not touch another at all. And I don't believe that any one religion is 100% correct. There are so many possibilities, all one can do is follow their own heart and conscience and make the decision to believe what they feel strongest about.

You know that place between sleep and awake,the place where you can still remember dreaming?That's where I'll always love you...That's where I'll be waiting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users