7 replies to this topic

#1 Paul_G

Paul_G

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 03 March 2004 - 11:43 AM

Do you guys believe that ghosts are tied to a certain structure or the area the structure was built on? That is to say, if you have a haunted house and it gets knocked down, will the area the house stood on get manifestations?

Here's why I'm asking... one of the most regular and benevolent seeming manifestations I've heard about used to happen to me at an abandoned prison I used to work at as a security guard. I left that job about 6 years ago, and in 2000 the buildings were all knocked down, except for a cornerstone which gave the date of construction of the oldest building.

Well, at the time when I'd run into this ghost, my main feeling was not to panic and just do my business. But now that I'm more well schooled in ghosts I know I should have tried to find out what it wanted, etc. I periodically go back to the area I used to hear it, it's just open field now, and so far I haven't encountered anything. Am I wasting my time? Or is it that I've been gone for several years and the ghosts in the area are no longer familiar with me? Should I keep going back? What do you think?  :-/

#2 Ravenwood

Ravenwood

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 04:48 PM

Yes,and from what I've read they will stay on the site of the building that has been demolished.I don't know for how long though.
I can't say if your wasting your time or not though.

#3 wayne2241

wayne2241

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:Listen to Spooks R Us on the Para-X radio network, Mondays at 10pm eastern time, 7pm pacific. Go to http:www.para-x.com

Posted 04 March 2004 - 04:04 AM

Agreed. It is usually tied to the site, as opposed to a piece of the structure, but this is not always the case. It would require further investigation to determine if a location is actually haunted.

MRIP

Posted Image

Listen to Spooks R Us on the Para-X network on Mondays at 9pm eastern time, 7pm pacific time. http:www.para-x.com

#4 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 06:04 AM

I firmly believe in helping a spirit out, expecially if they are looking for help!
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#5 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 06:06 AM

I also believe there is always a chance of having the a spirit follow you home.

8)
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#6 Paul_G

Paul_G

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 04 March 2004 - 07:16 AM

I guess it's one of those things where the only way to know for sure is to keep going back. I'll probably keep going back, because if I don't it'll always be one of those things where I think, 'Hmmmm... if I had just gone back there one or two more times...'. I have enough regrets already about not doing more with whoever that was, so I may as well do everything I can to make sure that there's nothing left.

Akthra, I don't know if the spirit wanted my help or not. I'm not sure what it was about, really. But it was obviously trying to get my attention in a non-threatening manner. I didn't even think about it following me home, because it never did before. But now that the buildings are destroyed and I'm actively looking for it.. it's definitely something I need to think about should I encounter it again. It's not like the site used to be a grade school either.:-/

#7 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 04 March 2004 - 07:52 PM

It is possible that the spirit was attached to the land, building, an object inside the prison...etc.  It could have also been attached to a person that was working at the prison or an inmate there.  

My first impression with this one would be that it was the spirit of someone perhaps wrongfully imprisoned there and with the knocking down of the prison, the spirit was released.  Of course, the only way to ever find out if there are any spirits there would be to give it some time and investigate further. ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 Ravenwood

Ravenwood

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 12:22 PM

I thought you had to be an attractor for a spirit to follow you home.Most of the people that I've read about this happening to have been unwitting lighthouses of sorts.(people who are unaware of their talent.)---
Akthra could you help clear this up for me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users