117 replies to this topic

#1 orfos

orfos

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 03:12 PM

My friend sayz he knows so i post here. :(

"they are just little flecks of chemical matter floating in the air. They don't show up on normal film because normal film takes pictures in a very visual manner (so unless you could see them by eyes alone, you wouldn't on film) whereas digitial cameras and such don't work the way the eye do sometimes they are visible in an odd beam of light through a small window but they're generally not visible to the human eye they're generally released from the materials in the walls of our houses as the materials in our walls aren't entirely safe, and often lose these chemical flecks (making most houses more chemically dangerous than outdoors, even in rather polluted areas)"
Posted Imagemalo mori quam faedari.~:C'est la vie:~

#2 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 22 September 2004 - 03:18 PM

Hey thats a good theory orfos, if thats the case it would explain why there are so many at cemetary's. When the body decomposes they give out many chemicals and gases and these could rise up through the ground and this will cause the effect of orbs due the chemicals in the air, according to the theory. :(
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#3 orfos

orfos

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 03:45 PM

:unsure:
j0 being serious or sarcastic..?

#4 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 22 September 2004 - 03:48 PM

lol im being serious, thats a good theory.
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#5 orfos

orfos

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 03:52 PM

the winky threw me off XD yeah it makes alotta sense...

#6 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 03:53 PM

That certainly is an interesting theory, where did your friend come about this explanation? I'm seriously interested in knowing more.

and welcome to GV!
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#7 orfos

orfos

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 04:03 PM

actually.. i sent him this link

http://ghosthelp.com/orbs.html

to explain what orbs were. I then showed him a photo of myself where there were tons of orbs in the pic. Not long after, he came up with that theory. @_@ I swear. He's a smart boy. lol

^o^ and thanks for the welcomeage. I've been a regular visitor to this site for quite some time, never thought to post or even read the message board though.

#8 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 04:14 PM

You're certainly welcome. So what does he base his theory on? Or is ait more of a intuitional (new word lol) guess?
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#9 orfos

orfos

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 04:23 PM

^^; i have no idea... right after he told me that he had to leave. i'll ask him more about it next time i see him.

#10 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 22 September 2004 - 06:38 PM

Posted Image orfos. Nice that you decided to join in with us, so what made you interested to be a poster from a lurker?
Posted Image

#11 orfos

orfos

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 09:58 PM

Posted Image orfos. Nice that you decided to join in with us, so what made you interested to be a poster from a lurker?

I've been interested in paranormal things.. i dont know anyone else that is. When freaky things started happening around me, I got online and searched for sites. I love this site ^^;

Anyhow.. I share /everything/ with my close friends. Even if its something they dont want to know, they prolly could tell you all about it lol. I started talking to them about little things that have been going on.

For the first time.. they treat me like im some psycho. I found this was getting me NO WHERE, so I came back to this site and found the message board. ^_^ Its very nice to know there are others out there that wont think im a lunatic.

#12 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 22 September 2004 - 10:11 PM

Well...here is my theory based on quite a bit of paranormal research. This is only my opinion, please feel free to disagree with it.

First of all the gasses given off by a dead body would not last for say 100 years or so. After decomposition it would stop. I realize that they bury people all the time but I have been in cemeteries that have not had a burial in 50 years and got orbs. Also, if that theory were true, you would be able to walk into any cemetery and capture orbs, which I capture quite often on my 35 mm camera since I will never use digital.

My theory is this. Very simple. Ghosts are made up of electromagnetic energy. In a relaxed state this energy rests in a ball or orb form. When they have enough energy available to expend, they can manifest into apparitions or what ever. If you are looking at them as pieces of crap floating in the air, we would always capture them on every picture that we took since you can't get rid of that. It also isn't all that reflective and when it does the "orb" that you see is very thin, whispy and not usually round.

Just my two cents, take it for what it's worth.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 10:56 PM

I always use 35mm film and disposable cameras and I have caught a few orbs with regular film. Matter of fact here is the e-mail address where 2 of my pics are posted ghosthunter1@sbcglobal.net. The names of the pics are Apparition Embrace and Jonesboro orb.My name will be under the pic.

#14 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 22 September 2004 - 11:02 PM

That does make sense to me, k. And if they were caused by chemicals in the air, then how would they be able to change direction. I have seen some very curious videos of orbs floating along, ten suddenly zipping off in a different direction or winking on and off.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#15 orfos

orfos

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 05:12 AM

I know... the amount of time they hang around after years, and the fact that they have character still werent explained in the idea. I agree with my friend that most of the orbs seen on the internet may be a product of non living matter, but I also stand my ground that some are real.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users