69 replies to this topic

#1 Wittnessofgod

Wittnessofgod

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 12:22 PM

[FONT=Optima]
The Haunted Hot lake Hotel on the Outskirts of La, Grande waits for a breath of rejuvination.

The Famous Hot Lake Sanitorium
Posted Image

#2 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 24 September 2004 - 09:23 AM

What kind of rejuvination are you talking about?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 24 September 2004 - 03:13 PM

Can you tell us more about the place? I've never heard of it but would love to hear anything you'de like to share.
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#4 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,368 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 24 September 2004 - 03:30 PM

whats the story behind this place. <_<
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#5 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 03:44 PM

THE DEVIL'S SPA: HOT LAKE yeah I heard that place was a hot spot. I really don't know much about it I'll ask around though

shadowlands said this, though I'm not sure if its all true.

La Grande - Hot Lake hotel - It was a resort built in 1907 considered the "mayo clinic of the west" because of the hot springs, it burned down in 1934 all except the brick portion, after that it was used as a hotel and then an insane asylum and finally a nursing home in the 1970's. Reports of a piano playing when there isn't a piano in the building, and clattering footsteps roaming the halls. many people have ventured in to this hotel which was once a hospital many people have said that a gardener once hung himself behind the hotel and say that to this day he haunts the grounds there have been many reports oh chairs falling of the walls and doors opening and closing them when no one is around - December 2003 correction: The piano that is said to be heard is believed to be the original piano that was acquired when the hotel was built. It belonged to General Robert E. Lee's wife, and was said to be haunted and played by itself even before it was given to hot lake. The piano was removed by a former owner who later killed himself, but the music remained. Also, there is a gazebo just outside at the side of one of the lakes, and there have been reports of ghosts walking along the water and voices in the gazebo. Also, many strange happenings year around on the highway that passes hot lake. Many accidents have totaled cars with none hurt, and figures seen in the thick soupy fog that sometimes drapes the highway. The ghosts of the hotel are said to be the souls of many who died as a result of experiments performed when the hotel was an insane asylum.

I think it was on tv,fox I think

#6 Wittnessofgod

Wittnessofgod

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:06 AM

Well fox gave it that nickname I dont really like the "devils spa" much. http://promo.yahoo.com/foxfamily1/program.html

To tell you all i know about the hotel would take forever so i am just going to send you a link about it.

http://www.thewinklerfamily.net/hotlakeindex.htm[IMG]

http://www.thewinklerfamily.net/hotlake/hot-lake.jpg[/IMG]

[img]http://www.thewinklerfamily.net/hotlake/hl1.jpg[/img]
Posted Image

#7 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:08 AM

Is that where I got that from. that is a great pic,thanks for posting it Wittnessofgod :)

#8 Wittnessofgod

Wittnessofgod

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:09 AM

http://www.thewinkle...ke/hot-lake.jpg

Half of the building burned down in a fire
Posted Image

#9 Wittnessofgod

Wittnessofgod

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:10 AM

oops

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:11 AM

What kind of rejuvination are you talking about?

I think it was the warm springs :)

#11 Wittnessofgod

Wittnessofgod

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:11 AM

No problem Bro.

Suposably i dont know for sure but i think la-grande school is wanting to fundraise to restore the building.
Posted Image

#12 Wittnessofgod

Wittnessofgod

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:12 AM

Oh the rejuvination of restoration.
Posted Image

#13 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:13 AM

Those are some great links too,did you ever hear anything about it being haunted from the locals

#14 Wittnessofgod

Wittnessofgod

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:15 AM

Well o learned all i know off of the internet. On forums ive heard stories from the people.
Posted Image

#15 Wittnessofgod

Wittnessofgod

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:19 AM

It was a resort built in 1907 considered the "mayo clinic of the west" because of the hot springs, it burned down in 1934 all except the brick portion, after that it was used as a hotel and then an insane asylum and finally a nursing home in the 1970's. Reports of a piano playing when there isn't a piano in the building, and clattering footsteps roaming the halls. many people have ventured in to this hotel which was once a hospital many people have said that a gardener once hung himself behind the hotel and say that to this day he haunts the grounds there have been many reports oh chairs falling of the walls and doors opening and closing them when no one is around - December 2003 correction: The piano that is said to be heard is believed to be the original piano that was acquired when the hotel was built. It belonged to General Robert E. Lee's wife, and was said to be haunted and played by itself even before it was given to hot lake. The piano was removed by a former owner who later killed himself, but the music remained. Also, there is a gazebo just outside at the side of one of the lakes, and there have been reports of ghosts walking along the water and voices in the gazebo. Also, many strange happenings year around on the highway that passes hot lake. Many accidents have totaled cars with none hurt, and figures seen in the thick soupy fog that sometimes drapes the highway. The ghosts of the hotel are said to be the souls of many who died as a result of experiments performed when the hotel was an insane asylum.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users