• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 sallogs

sallogs

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 02:45 AM

;D Wondering if anyone can give me any tips on ghosthunting?  My mum is a Park Ranger and she has arranged for me and a few friends to gain access to a local graveyard on Saturday night.  We Will be taking a 35mm camera as well as a digital camera and Hi8 camcorder.  There is also a field behind the graveyard that my oldest brother and some of his friends saw a ghost of a soldier in many years ago.  We will be going there as well,  so any tips or suggestions would be muchly appreciated and i'll post anything interesting that we get  ;)

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 25 February 2004 - 06:24 AM

hello sallogs, I am not a ghost hunter, but I am interested in the para normal ;D I dont know if my suggestions is of any help, but I guess the most important of all is to keep your mind free and focussed. What I meant was that, since there appears to be a subtle mental afflictions from the entities, if your mind is kinda not ready to handle the energy, it may not be of much help for your research. And what I meant by focus is that, rather than focussing on the equipments whatsoever you carry, or focussing on mundane things, if your mind is focussed on the ENERGY present, I guess you will have a better chance of capturing them. well, but take expert opinion  [smiley=cwm15.gif]
Posted Image

#3 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 12:37 PM

Hi, Sallogs, ya lucky thing!

Respect-treat the inhabitants there with the same respect and dignity with which you'd treat the living. This may come off as a little daft, but I introduce myself and let them know why I'm there. Ask before taking pics

Empathy-Understand that there are going to be some folks there who just aren't happy about their current situation, try to project a sense of calm or compassion for what they're coping with...even if all you get by way of response is a terse 'p!$$ off!'

This maybe subject to debate, but I like to know only about the activity, as I think know the history of a place may lead to misconceptions and other sorts of sloppy thinking, its called a cold investigation.

Trust your gut! If you find yourself continuously looking back at one particular grave/mausoleum/tree, chances are that there is something there<that is if you're not a Sensitive>

If you smoke, do it before you start or after you finish. I'd seena few pics of vapors that looked convincing to find out later the photographer was smoking at the time.

Note if there was a ground fog, or cold enough where you could see your breath<hold your breath while you shoot>

Sallogs, have fun and good hunting ;D
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#4 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 03:51 PM

Bring extra batteries for your equipment.
Bring a flashlight, but use it only when neeeded. If possible use a red filter to preserve your night vision.
have a notebook and pencil available for notes.
A tape recorder is good for notes also but nothing beets paper.
Have a first aid kit handy, Just in case.
Food and water if you are going to be there a while. Have a cell phone if possible, keep it on silent or leave it in vehicle.
Try to keep your hunting party paired off in 2's.
Have fun and take lots of pictures.
Oh and did I mention, EXTRA BATTERIES .
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#5 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 11:08 AM

extra batteries is always a good idea, lots and lots of film, too
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#6 sallogs

sallogs

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 03:12 PM

Hello evryone, thanx for your advice!!!!  We went to the graveyard and got mostly orbs in the photos.  A couple seemed to be orbs that were moving and will gladly post if anyone wants to see them.  Got one pic with what looked like a spooky mist but could easily have been my breath but i did religously hold my breath every time i took a pic!!!!  Anyways quite a disappointing night, nothing very spooky but my mum has got us access to another site that is DEFINATELY haunted.  Its a manor house in the borough and should be very cool!!!!!! ;D

#7 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 05:22 PM

Dont be disappointed by a slow hunt. If it was that easy to find something then everyone would believe. So lift your chin and keep on searching for that once in a life time find.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#8 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 05:23 PM

Oh and I would love to see the pics you got.

#9 sallogs

sallogs

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 09:43 AM

Thanx for the advice cajunknight, i won't be giving up anytime soon  ;) Here's one of the pics, the mist looks like its coming from the grave itself but like i said it could well be my breath.........though i was getting lightheaded from consciously holding my breath every picture i took lol!!! I've lightened the image so its easier to see but if anyone wants the original i will send it to them.

#10 sallogs

sallogs

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 09:44 AM

and here's a pic with an orb that appears to be in motion  ;)

#11 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 01 March 2004 - 02:52 PM

I'm sure that pics in the Spiritography section would get a lot more of the due attention than here.

Anyways, those are cool pics.  Keep up the hunting!

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#12 freak_out55

freak_out55

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Location:x0|Haunted WI|USA||0|0|x0|Haunted WI|USA||0|0|x0|Haunted WI|USA||0|0|x0|Haunted WI|USA||0|0|x0|Haunted WI|USA||0|0|x0|Haunted WI

Posted 01 March 2004 - 02:54 PM

Nice pictures.

One thing on the mist: the mist-in-question seems to be coming from UNDER the picture, as if emerging from the phototagrapher.  It could very well be just me...  But, does anyone see a face or something in it?  Then it could possibly be...

#13 sallogs

sallogs

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 01:17 PM

Should i post the pics in the Spiritography section then?  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users