Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 26 September 2004 - 07:04 AM

Ron, what happened to your trademark sideburns? Posted Image

Jeff, don't you share the cake?

Cajun are you on duty at the campout too? Where did Camille go?
Posted Image

#17 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 07:11 AM

Camille was camera shy, she wouldn't let me take her picture. She's a dear by the way!

Everybody was really fun!
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#18 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 07:14 AM

More orbs around Sachs Bridge.

Posted Image
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#19 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 26 September 2004 - 08:04 AM

looked like a great day guys, cant wait to hear the evp's :D
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#20 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 08:08 AM

hey Bridgie, who all were present?
Posted Image

#21 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 26 September 2004 - 08:09 AM

and how come you didnt get a group photo? :P
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#22 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 08:35 AM

Not to worry! More photos to come today!

#23 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 26 September 2004 - 09:28 AM

Excellent! Anxiously awaiting more photos. :D

I just knew there would be a d#mn rattlesnake lurking about! :P
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#24 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 10:11 AM

Glad to hear it's going well. How many people turned out for it Bridget?
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#25 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 02:04 PM

There was Jeff, Megan, me, CajunKnight, Rock and his son David (the human flashlight, haha) Camille and her friend Bob, Masquerade and her friend who was too chicken to go on the ghost tour with us and their kids, another group that i was not familiar with, but eagerly participated. About 20 or 25 in all. It was so much fun!

This is what I found when I returned to the campground this morning, besides a bunch of very hungover moderators, who stayed up til about 6 a.m. and were yelled at at 4 a.m. by other campers becasue they were making too much noise. Darn! I missed the fun part!

Posted Image

and some of the stuff left over, which i worked on this morning when i got here!

Posted Image

Then my battery ran out. But not to worry! PLenty of others took about a gazzilion more pics!

#26 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 02:21 PM

Oh, and I wanted to take a swig of the Louisiana Muscadet that Cajun brought, but there was a bee in the bottle. Well after he dumped it, there was a few drops left and so he said "open your mouth" and dripped it into my mouth. Well! Look what he did to my shirt! At least it wasn't the GV shirt (which I am proud to report I did not spill Jambalya all over the front of it)

Posted Image

#27 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 12:17 AM

The campout was a real hoot, and well worth the drive. My husband and I arrived early, on Friday, to make sure we were well-rested after the long drive (we're from Cleveland, OH). The campsite was private, spacious and beautiful. Here's the entrance to the GV campsite (Cajun made the signs, by the way):

Posted Image

Here is Cajun's dog Max, the unofficial mascot of GV....what a cutie (notice in the photo that his tail would not stop wagging):

Posted Image

Here, some villagers gather for a pre-investigation chat. In this group, we have David (Rock's son), Masquarade, my husband Bob, Jeff, Megan, Rockhauler and Cajun Knight. In the background are tents from another group of Villagers.

Posted Image

Cajun, hands down, was the master of ceremonies. Not only did he drive all the way from Louisiana, he had everything set up and hot stew waiting for travel-weary Villagers. He helped pitch our tent at 11:00 at night, cooked the best Cajun cuisine we've ever tasted, and his deadly Hurricane drink mix had my husband practically seeing spirits.

Here is the master Cajun chef meticulously working his craft. The local health department would not be amused. :blink:

Posted Image

Masq presented Cajun with this well-deserved award for Most Insane, er, I mean, Most Dedicated Villager.

Posted Image

Bridget was a blast and the life of the group. Unfortunately, she could not stay that night to share in the campfire tales and partake of Cajun's bartending. Masq shared some especially chilling encounters and helped me develop a new-found appreciation for Boone's Blue Hawaii. I swear, that stuff glowed in the dark. Here is Masq and Bridget, who is holding a gift presented by Masq for her much-appreciated assistance with the event.

Posted Image
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#28 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 01:43 AM

The highlight of this gathering was the night tour of Gettysburg. Rockhauler fearlessly led the group (with the assistance of his son and human flashlight, David) and provided a fascinating tour of this legendary site. While he shared some eerie haunted tales of Gettysburg, Rock's detailed, historical narrative of various events on this battlefield was deeply moving. It enabled us to visualize the horrific battles and empathize with the thousands of soldiers who so needlessly lost their lives.

Here is a photo of Jeff sharing a photograph of a mist he captured with Megan, David, Bridget and Masq. Hopefully, Jeff will post that photo soon on the Spiritography boards:

Posted Image

Here, Rock leads other Villagers along Devil's Den:

Posted Image

Not surprisingly, many of the photos I captured contained your typical dust/condensation orbs. Also, I took many photos without using flash, relying instead on ambient lighting. In those instances, nothing unusual showed up. Keep in mind that Gettysburg on a Saturday night is quite popular, with hundreds of other ghost hunters walking the fields and kicking up dirt and other debris. Still, I did come across this one photo that I thought was interesting. Rock had mentioned that many people witness red lights on the battlefields. This photo contains a strange, red light, to the right of the tree and next to the dust orb. Now, this may have natural explanations. My best guess is that this may be the moon, although in a couple of other photographs, the moon appears much larger in the sky. Still, I thought I'd toss it out there.

Posted Image

SOMEBODY maliciously placed a bottle of honey on the roof of my tent (to the guilty party whose name will not be disclosed for litigation purposes, expect a sumons in the mail very soon!). If it were not for the valiant guard dog Max, I would've been toast.

Bridget, yes I was camera shy. At that time, I wasn't wearing enough bling. B)

I cannot emphasize enough how much fun the GV campout was. Even for skeptics such as Bob and myself, it was worth the horridly long drive to participate in this event. This was the first time that Villagers met each other face-to-face, and the result was wild. We shared viewpoints, philosophies and encounters that went into the next morning: a fascinating encounter involving a playful ghost cat, an exchange of ideas on the writings of Aleister Crowley, loving experiences with the ghosts of a deceased grandmother and brother, what does it mean to die, etc.

Talk is already brewing about the next GV convention. It would be great if we could do it around New Orleans. That way, Cajun has no choice but to cook again. :D
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#29 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. <br><br>

Posted 27 September 2004 - 02:58 AM

New Orleans is an excellent idea... Not only is the place likely full of ghosts, it is the Voodoo capitol of the US.

B) :D
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#30 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 04:36 AM

hhmmm guys that was all funnnnnnnnnnn! I can see it on Masq's face! ooohhhhh what did I miss! Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users