78 replies to this topic

#16 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 11:42 AM

.... *ponders the translucent globe on the ground behind the now slightly quivering pile of dead.... um clown.*

I think you go that orb there too, Flying.
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#17 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 28 September 2004 - 04:43 PM

Collateral damage eh?

*picks up orb carcass and stashes it in the Christmas Decorations box*

Think I'll nail it to the top of the christmas tree. :P
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#18 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 06:03 PM

All those rat dogs did was cough up a fur ball on the dead clown. WHAT!?! Is THAT supposed to freak me out? Me thinks however that you're going to have a difficult time this year stapling orbs to your Christmas tree if that dead clown is hanging on it. It would be the smell, you know.

OH MY! It's approaching orb season! Watch out folks! We are coming upon that time of year where Orbie is out with his staple gun. :unsure:
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#19 Wind of Light

Wind of Light

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Playing RuneScape is my number one hobby/interest now.<br />www.runescape.com

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:30 PM

My ideal scary spirit would probably appear to me as a small child. It would be physically harmful and it would sing scary rhymes.

Scary little kids REALLY creep me out! :blink:

thats what i going to say.. B) :weeee: :weeee: :weeee:
-Du Súndavar Freohr-===================================--------------------------------------------Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here and drink what comes out"?

#20 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 07:44 AM

Yes, back to the topic--an initial appearance of an apparition would startle me at first, as they have in the past. I have yet to encounter a malevolent entity and that particular encounter would probably trip me out.

But then again, encountering an Orbie armed with a stapler hunting orbs with two rat dogs in his pockets would completey send me over the edge. :o

#21 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 08:13 PM

Yes, back to the topic--an initial appearance of an apparition would startle me at first, as they have in the past. I have yet to encounter a malevolent entity and that particular encounter would probably trip me out.

But then again, encountering an Orbie armed with a stapler hunting orbs with two rat dogs in his pockets would completey send me over the edge. :o

I prefer a nail gun. ;)

Back on topic. The scariest thing I experienced was in Soop cemetery. I heard the sound of something heavy crashing through the woods and then heard the squeeling of pigs. If it hadn't been for the chain link fence tween me and the noise I probably would have proceeded to get-outta-Dodge. Found out later that the cemetery had been a pig farm originally and had a reputation of folks hearing what I did when alone there.
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#22 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 08:44 PM

Hey Orbie! OINK![COLOR=red]

Bridgie, did ya hear? Stapler is out this year. Looks as though he upgraded to a manly man's Nail Gun!

Back to the topic: That is the first time I've ever heard anyone recount hearing an animal ghost. Coooolllll!

#23 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 11:35 AM

LoL, as the farm boys & girls out there can verify, its more than an oink or a grunt. An angry hog sounds more like a Screech! Its an unforgetable sound. :D

#24 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 11:43 AM

Yes, he's a manly man Hawkie. But not as manly as CajunKnight!

The scariest thing for me would be to hear again what I heard when i was a kid. That evil woman's laugh in the dark bathroom right in front of me. Ew it still gives me shivers!

(Oh, that and the orb topic on the skeptics board)

:D :P :weeee: :weeee:
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#25 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 05:00 PM

No no no. I have to disagree. An airgun makes the man.

I think if there was sound it would heighten my fright.

#26 frither

frither

Had delusions of being Superwoman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 17 October 2004 - 01:03 PM

LoL, as the farm boys & girls out there can verify, its more than an oink or a grunt. An angry hog sounds more like a Screech! Its an unforgetable sound. :weeee:

:o How true are your words! Right up there with the scream of a mountain lion or the gawd-awful racket a peacock (which is one of the nastiest tempered creatures ever made) makes in the middle of the night :P Forget being freakazoided out by non-corporeals ~ peacocks are forces to cause fear!!! :huh:

#27 frither

frither

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 17 October 2004 - 01:24 PM

Hey Orbie! OINK![COLOR=red]

Bridgie, did ya hear? Stapler is out this year. Looks as though he upgraded to a manly man's Nail Gun!

Back to the topic: That is the first time I've ever heard anyone recount hearing an animal ghost. Coooolllll!

Oh you want to hear about critter ghosts? Please allow me to relate the encounter that I refer to as "The Wake Up Call":

The 3rd. alarm has joined the first 2 in clanging and blaring, I was trying to make my unwilling body move over to turn them off while wondering if the world as we know it would come to a screeching halt if I turned those infernal contraptions off and slept for........just............a...........<yawn>...........few............snzzzzz. Just about the time my bleary eyes were closing...........THUMPTHUMPTHUMP! My pillows were bounced up and down like Mexican jumping beans with my unwilling head going on for the ride. "Not now, Gypsy", I mutter. "I'll get up in........a..............szzzzzz". THUMPTHUMPTHUMP!!!! Oh Merde ~ here we go again! I start to open my mouth to assure Gypsy that I'm getting up for real this time when it suddenly hit me. I sit bolt upright, look around and start counting heads.........1,2,3,4...............I rub my eyes, shake my head to clear out the cobwebs then count again........1,2,3,4. OKKKKKK.......my eyes are open, I'm sitting up........."Gypsy, you here girl?" I call softly. In answer, I hear a "murflewhoo" sound that was Gypsy's version of a bark then silence. The critters that were asleep at the foot of the bed continued snoozing undisturbed. Gypsy was a wolf hybrid that, among her other duties in life, had appointed herself as my canine alarm clock. She would give me until the 3rd. alarm going off (hey, I'm NOT a morning person, OK?) and if I wasn't out of bed, she would stick her nose under my pillows and push them up and down with her nose until she was assured that I was on my feet and moving, then she would hop back up on the end of the bed and go back to sleep (darn her). She took her duties quite seriously in the 8 years we were together and apparently still does :weeee:

#28 txpatti

txpatti

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 04:00 PM

The scariest thing a spirit could do to me, would be to attack my children in some way. They have already lived with stereo's, and tv's, and computers turning themselves on and off by themselves. But something more physical, like moving or throwing objects that would scare the bejeevers out of them. Seeing a spirit at the foot of their bed would definately be one of the top "scary things"!

#29 Guest_Ghostbuter20_*

Guest_Ghostbuter20_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2004 - 04:21 PM

A ghost just appearing behind me would freak me out, but the scariest, and this isn't ghost-related, stuffed birds hanging from ceilings or just perched on walls scare the c$@# out of me. Just seeing a large stuffed bird hanging from the ceiling, somewhere between eye-level to way above my head. It would be creepier if the eyes were moving, but just the bird scares the hell out of me.

#30 frither

frither

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 07:34 PM

A ghost just appearing behind me would freak me out, but the scariest, and this isn't ghost-related, stuffed birds hanging from ceilings or just perched on walls scare the c$@# out of me. Just seeing a large stuffed bird hanging from the ceiling, somewhere between eye-level to way above my head. It would be creepier if the eyes were moving, but just the bird scares the hell out of me.

<_< My husband says that the "walking doll" that I have does it to him. For you whippersnappers that weren't around when dinosaurs ruled the earth, Walking dolls are dolls that are about the size of the average 3 year old that "walk" (translate that into shuffle like a zombie) when you take them by the hands and move their arms up and down. I received this particular doll for my 3rd. birthday and I've hung on to her for the last 45 years (yeah, makes both of us vintage, doesn't it?)
When he first moved out here, the front bedroom was home to not only Bridget the doll but close to 100 teddy bears, as well as various and sundry other stuffed animals and dolls. He said that he hated walking up around there in the dark because he felt all those eyes watching him :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users