• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 lmackey

lmackey

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 06:26 AM

Last night, my husband called me into the kitchen, I found my cat, Eastwood, Meowing and hissing at my husband, afraid to even get near him and now will not allow anyone to come near him.  My kids even said it wasn't Eastwood, because of the bazaar behavior.  Let me explain that Eastwood is an EXTREAMLY quite cat--He has NEVER hissed, and almost never meows (we had him over 1 1/2 years before we ever heard a mew from him), he communicates with his eyes.  My first thoughts were "OMG, my husband lied and did do the Ouija at the ghost hunt!"  Let me explain......We went to a ghost hunt with a few people that weren't regualars in our group over the weekend.  Three of them were playing with an ouija board and my husband became very interested.  I felt like I was talking to child and not my husband when I told him NOT TO TOUCH IT, he was just so enthralled with it!  He basically followed them throughout the house with it and I went my own way after having a bad experience with the ouija, I am terrified of them now.  My husband stands his ground in that he didn't join in, only observed the boards use.  

Could he have brought home something from being in the room with the board?  This morning my husband woke up ill and throwing up!  It has been four days since the hunt and last night was the first odd occurance.  I know that Eastwood wouldn't behave this way over a kind spirit we have a resident ghost here and Eastwood has never paid any mind to him other than staring.  Eastwood shows no signs of illness or injury, but he is almost 11 years old, we've only had him 4 years (he was a stray at the pound).  Our other cat, Skywalker, shows no differnce, she is the same talkative, loving kitty.

Do you think it is just my cats age (if so I can't understand why this happened so suddenly) or if it is possible, my husband brought home something.  I do sense something new, but I can't say for sure since my resident ghost has been acting up lately (see my post awhile back on "do spirits have mood swings")and throwing my sensativity out of whack in this house.
lmackey, the (Ghost) Village Idiot

#2 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 07:09 AM

Hi, LMac,
WOW...what an experience! Whether its a matter of the make up of a feline eye or simply that Eastwood's more attuned to
his environment*predator instinct*cats, dogs and even snakes
seem to be natural spook detectors, especially if its in their own range/territory...they display a lot of threat-type behavior, hissing/growling.

LMac, don't be so hard on him, he may not have touched the board and still managed to "come home with a new friend" via
the spirit just attaching itself to him. Out of curiousity, does your group normally bind any spirits they encounter on an investigation not to come with when its time to leave? Is
the nausea occurring just in the morning or is it continuous throughout the day? Is he running a temp? Racing
pulse...did he seem really freaked out after this encounter?
Have you gotten him to the Doc? I believe ya, Hun, just trying to deduce that this infirmary isn't an acute stress reaction or a bout of what's going around, ya know?

However, there are things you can do, communication's a big +, try talking to him while he's asleep and have a recorder on hand, if you're getting a non-hubby response, have some sage on hand and politely ask the spirit to leave. If this fails, imagine a pure white light surrounding your husband,
even emanating from him and have it expand until it encompasses the entire house, you may want to reinforce this by sprinkling sea salt as you go around 'locking' the house or using burning sage to encourage him to leave

I hope that helps a bit, LMac, good luck and please keep us updated
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#3 lmackey

lmackey

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 08:06 AM

Whispers thank you for your wonderful reply.  My husband went into work today so I don't know if the vomiting/fever/illness is continuing (he forgot his cell phone)He works at his father's house right now so if he is still feeling ill he could stay at work rather than just come home.  In fact I didn't even associate the cat and my hubby's illness until I was posting this.  I figured maybe he had a touch of the flu and didn't think about it intertieing with the other odd stuff around here.

This was not our usual group, this was more of an overnight excursion with people from all over.  We stayed until about 5 am, but I got tired and decided to leave early (being tired, I didn't think to bound, or even finalize with a prayer, just basically got up and left).  

I'm not saying that my husband has done or brought home something, Eastwood has lived a pretty hard life before he came to live with us and may just be getting old and senile, but it is odd he did all this so suddenly and in such an odd way (sweet loving kitty to mean fraidy cat overnight) and shortly after this event.  

Another question for you Whispers, Ok if I do feel the need to use the sage and sea salts, will this too scare off my resident spirit?  I have no desire to see "David" go, in fact it is quite secure to have him here and I REALLY don't want to do that, but if it isn't Eastwood's health declining I know this is no casper the friendly ghost and I will want him out.  In other words can I expell one and keep the other?  Sounds silly doesn't it?

#4 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 03:57 PM

Hi, LMac,
Always glad to help a fellow GVer :D Speaking as someone who also regularly forgets his cell, is there a groundline phone he can use at his Da's if things really got gnarley with the Flu-thing? Is he over it or just not vomitting?

As far as Eastwood's*very cool name for kind of an ornery cat, btw*I think you're right, besides he could have conceivably been reacting to a scent on hubby's clothing since it was a new house and new people. They're HECKA good Spook detectors, but sometimes they're reacting to more mundane things we can't perceive, like exposure to a non-cat lover*snickers*What I should have added, Luv, was that there may not be a cause to worry since the sweeter-disposed
cat didn't seem to be reacting. Question for ya, do they react similarly to David when he's more active or is it kind of mild curiousity, you know glancing up when he passes
or tracking him with their eyes.

WOW...that can be challenging, especially if there are radical differences to procedure, either someone who doesn't
take it seriously, is disrespectful to the spirits or is just really having a bad day and is really negative about life in general...kind of like hunting with a very bored pre-teen, ya know, "This is stupid! I hate this!"

LMac...I have no clue :-/ The reclamations I've done the owner wanted all spirits out, I'd imagine its possible, but couldn't tell ya how. If there is another presence, communicate with him, especially his name

Good luck, happy hunting and please feel free to ask questions or offer an opinion
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#5 lmackey

lmackey

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 04:36 AM

Well, all has calmed down and is as much back to normal as possible!  Eastwood is back to himself.  I had to catch him (not normal he usually will come running if you say his name) thinking I was going to get him to the vet in case something was wrong internally or something.  He was kind of acting like he was rabid or he had that craziness of distemper, but he has all his shots and is an indoor kitty, I can't explain at all what happened, and never will be able to.  Anywho, when I caught him, it was like SNAP "oh hi, pet me love me"  and he's been himself ever since.

As for hubby, I tend to believe his was a 24 hr. flu thingy.  He too is back to normal (well, as normal as he gets anyway) and my son had the same symtoms the next day.  

The kitties, do stare off when David is around all the time, not just when he acts up.  They do tend to "go crazy" when he get active though, they run zipping through the house and overall getting super playful.

BTW-- we didn't name Eastwood, that was the street he was picked up on at the pound and that stuck at the pound so we kept it **LOL**

#6 lmackey

lmackey

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 04:39 AM

Oh sorry, and if anyone has information on getting rid of one spirit and keeping another I would be interested in hearing about it, don't hink I need it now, but would be nice to know!  Thanks!

#7 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 08:35 AM

Hi, LMac...sounds like David's a cat lover [smiley=cwm16.gif] if they're reacting like that

#8 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 20 February 2004 - 03:00 AM

I now your cat is back to normal now, but incase it happens again, many old cats get a bit crotchety- especially if they've been through a hard life.  It's perfectly normal for some of them to start patrolling their territory yowling, for no reason at all really, I think its just comforting for them- as if to say I'm still here, age hasn't beaten me yet.

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#9 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 04:03 AM

Getting rid of one spirit and keeping another?  I think  so.  We should consider each spirit to ba an individual, therefore, we can associate and interact with each separate spirit in different ways.  The tough part is know who is who.  I think that if the spirit you want to get rid of picks up on that, it may try to lie and pretend to be the other spirit. It may also try to force the other spirit to stay.  I firmly believe is spirit to spirit interaction as well.  What you really need to do and i am sure you have already, is identify which spirit is which and have a conversation with them.  I personally am working using a pendulum, but my subconscious is just not prepared yet to talk to another subconscious, especially one missing a physical body!  I think a tape recorder can work.  Just remember to use a firm yet polite voice when finding out who is who, and always ask them if they are telling the truth. It seems most of the time they will tell you if they are or not.  

the really tough part is talking to the one spirit you want to get rid of alone. or asking the nice spirit to stay without the other spirit listening in on you.  I think this is all possible, but you may have a bit more of a fight on your hands with some resentment or protest.
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#10 lmackey

lmackey

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 06:18 AM

I believe David to be a young boy who was murdered a few years back, which explains about his interests when he's active (my son's stereo, the superworms, etc...)  Most preteen boys love animals so it would make sence of his comfort with the cats. It does make things a bit crazy, when both David and the cats get active at the sametime, hehe, I'm jumping up at every noise, to see which did it.  David is always welcome here, he's become a member of our family (Well, to everyone, but my husband who I think is becoming more accepting of him.)

#11 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 08:07 AM

So i take it the other spirit is the one you think possibly ame home with your husband or is it something else?
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#12 lmackey

lmackey

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 08:47 AM

I don't know for sure that there is another.  That's where I get kinda confused.  David (good, permanant spirit)was getting active before this event, so it could maybe be him, or it could also be nothing at all, besides an aging cat and vivid imagination.  

Now, I still haven't gotten the guts up to try EVP in my own home yet, but I use my diving rods alot and have tried communication with them.  The answers very well, could have been David, even though I tried to make it clear I was talking to the "new" entity.  Perhaps if there is no "new" entity, David would have been the one to answer, I dunno.

Husband is fine now, but Eastwood (cat) has been meowing alot lately (even woke me up the other night) and tha tisn't like him.  He hasn't had another hissing spurt like that again, but still not "himself", which doesn't mean that it is an enitiy, could be age.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users