• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Cristelle32

Cristelle32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 07:01 AM

I often 'hear' people's voices when I'm just about to go to sleep.  They talk all sorts of things and usually don't understand what they're going on about! I understand the sentences, but not in what context...

It's become so common for me to 'hear' them, that now, i will (if i'm not too tired) wake up again and write down what they said, sometimes I even ask questions like 'who am i talking to' - or 'who are you'?

Anyone has similar experiences? ::D

#2 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 22 February 2004 - 07:13 AM

that's known as schizophrenia... whatever you do, don't burn things if that's what the voices say! lol, not meaning to be rude just couldn't pass up the joke ;D

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#3 Cristelle32

Cristelle32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 07:19 AM

ehm, this was a serious question, btw.

If I wanted to have a chat on schitzophrenia, i'd have chosen a different site...

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 22 February 2004 - 07:47 AM

thats okay buddy, that was only a joke from melliot ;)

well, is there anything specific these voices ask or say? any particular subject?
Posted Image

#5 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 07:51 AM

[glow=blue,2,300][move]Hullo, Cristelle32 and welcome to GV[/move][/glow]

Kidding aside, there is a condition in which we see/hear things prior to falling asleep, the conscious mind's already
starting to drift and I'll be dipped in cat slobber but I can't remember the name of the effect, but its fairly common.

HOWEVER, as an Investigator, lets try this, take a small tape recorder to bed with you, preferrably one with voice activation and turn it on before you go to sleep and see what comes up, as a warning, Crystelle, the voices aren't always clear, in fact its very rare when you can distinguish
something right off the tape without a voice/sound editing program to clean it. Try asking your housemates simple questions.

Is there any type of other activity that you've noticed?
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#6 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 22 February 2004 - 08:18 AM

sorry... I'm having issues with lack of social interaction...it leads to me being innappropriate, I hope i didn't offend

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 08:24 AM

sorry... I'm having issues with lack of social interaction...it leads to me being innappropriate, I hope i didn't offend

well, this is a forum where you can also improve upon your personal skills ;) so don't worry, together we stand, together we grow ;D
Posted Image

#8 Cristelle32

Cristelle32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 08:26 AM

moonchild, they say all sorts of things, that are completely comprehensible but don't make sense once you read them in a rational state of mind...

One, I'm investigating now, so will let you know what I discovered about it, once I understood the proper meaning of it  ;)

#9 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 08:29 AM

okay, now look at it thiw way. There are some kind of ethereal entities that may have seen you sensitive and is trying to communicate something. But since neither from your end nor from their end, that "skill" to communicate properly exists, all sort of waves collide in your head. Anyways, keep us updated!
Posted Image

#10 Cristelle32

Cristelle32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 08:34 AM

Mellilotflower,

yes, I did find what you said, offensive.  This is also helped by the fact that I'm new to the site, and don't know you personally.

However, don't worry about it anymore. I've actually answered to one of your threads (which was very funny), and guess - on my part - have to get to know everyone individually...

;)

#11 Cristelle32

Cristelle32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 08:36 AM

thanks for that piece of advice, whispers of fire. Definitively worth a try (if not, i might just end up listening to myself snoring!!)

#12 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 08:50 AM

*LOL*No worries, Crystelle, its fairly easy to distinguish voice/noise, but the comments may be a bit embarrassing if they're interactive entities "Roll her over/pinch her nose shut"

What other kinds of activity have you noticed? How long have you been in this place? Do you know anything of the history?
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#13 Cristelle32

Cristelle32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 12:44 PM

I've only been in my new house for about a month...

This place doesn't have ghosts in it. The only spirits present here are my spirit guides and my son's (and quite a big number too..).

Sometimes, in the last flat (apartment) that I owned, the light in my bedroom would switch on by itself at night time, or the mirror in the hall move and make tiny noises I could hear in the middle of the night....

#14 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 05:35 PM

Hi, Christelle,
If I may ask, how old's your son and has he been talking to any new friends at the new place?

Also, out of curiousity, are you Sensitive to such presences?

#15 Cristelle32

Cristelle32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 01:01 AM

yes, I am 'sensitive' to spirits' presence.

I lived in Italy for 6 months about 4 yrs ago, and there was the spirit of a woman who used to live there well before us, and God, didn't she like anything being moved in the house lol!!

As for my son, he's 4 yrs old next month, but don't know whether he can 'feel too or not.  my intuition tells me he can

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users