• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 ghostly

ghostly

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 10:45 AM

I keep having ghostly dreams. I always go through these times where that's all I dream about. It just makes me wonder if it's that I have ghosts on the mind, which I haven't lately, or if some how something is screwing with me.  :-*

All these dreams are taking place up in my attic, which used to be my bedroom. I used to hear all kinds of noises up there at night when I was trying to sleep. Plus when it was really active, the first few years we lived here, you could be in the living room, which is right below the attic, and you could hear someone walking around up there really well..like they were wearing heavy boots or something. A few times they woke me up out of a dead sleep by running up my steps at like 3am..again with a heavy shoe sound. It was interesting but yet scary as hell.  :o

The ghost in the dream just keeps swinging doors open after I close them, turning tvs and radios on and turning them up really loud, banging on the walls, painting messages on the walls....just like it's tormenting me in the dream...Maybe I should go up in the attic one day with my voice recorders and EMF detector and see what happens.  :-/

For some reason I feel like they're not just dreams. They stick with me all day long. I can't stop thinking about them wondering if there is something I'm missing or just not understanding.  ;)

Does anyone else have frequent dreams dealing with ghosts coming after you or maybe trying to tell you something?  ???

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 05 February 2004 - 10:52 AM

lol you have company! ;D but I am not really scared, but there are times when I sweat out lots ;)
Posted Image

#3 ghostly

ghostly

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 10:56 AM

see most of mine are really frightening..some are nice 'i'm letting you know i'm here' dreams...most of the time they're being rather violent like they don't want me where ever i am in my dream.

i have yet to have a dream with a ghost in it that i don't know where i am.  they always take place where i live now or in the house that i grew up in.  

i'm just wondering if something other than ghosts on the mind is going on.  it could be that i have a slight fear of the paranormal or something else.  i'm quite unsure of what to think

#4 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 09:36 PM

[move][glow=blue,2,300]Hi, Ghostly and welcome to GV[/glow][/move]

Speaking as the Board's resident expert on the vague and obscure answer, it sounds as though either your bud in the attic's trying to get your attention or just reliving an event from their own life.

What do you know of the house's/area's history?

Ghostly, I'm not trying to be dismissive of your experience,
but looking at the possibility of the dream's symbolism, you
know, a ghost, insubstantial, unseen/invisible striving to make itself known*opening doors, turning on appliances*How are they violent and who are they?
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#5 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 09:32 AM

hey ghostlly - you've certainly come the right place.  i too am plagued with ghost dreams that happen more often than not (lately i've just had bizarro dreams, but that's explainable so far).

about half of the time my ghostly dreams are in fantastic places that don't exist -- and in some cases those are actually spirt contacts that have chosen to contact me and i just build an environment for meeting them there.

however, a very good portion of the time i have ghost dreams on the home turf - in buildings, houses, or places with which i'm very very familiar.  sometimes i can identify the ghosts that are contacting me, other times they're kind of random.  they almost always surprise me and i end up yelling in my sleep (much to my husband's chagrin...).  

i am always able (now) to tell the difference between "anxiety" ghost dreams and "real" ghost dreams... they usually have a different feel from each other -- and the "real" ones stay with me for days and seem like something i actually lived through.

have you noticed any particular ghostly analogies between your dreams and the places you might suspect to be haunted in real life?
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#6 ghostly

ghostly

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 12:27 PM

whispered
they're violent in non physical ways.  things have been thrown towards me and such and the 'feeling' of violence or something violent about to happen. Like I've been chased as if there were violence about to occur if they corner me.  It's quite hard to explain the feelings I go through in these dreams and how I feel mentally and physically afterwards.  I just know I'm terrified in 80% of them.  They're very colorful dreams and very vivid. I can remember the smallest of details at times..some I can only remember the big things.

I really don't know who the ghosts are.  My apartment is haunted, as I said before, but it was nothing 'scary' just little things here and there.  There were times where I was quite scared of course..mainly because I was so young, say 13, when we moved here.....I just couldn't understand or handle most of the stuff that happened here, then.

OWL
Well where I live in haunted..but I believe it's all rather harmless.  When we first moved in here it was quite active, of course.  We've lived here 11-12 years and for the past 5-6 years it's been quiet...we notice little things maybe once or twice a year...we either hear or see something.  But nothing to write home about.  

Like I said before ALL of my ghost dreams I'm either in my present residence or my former where I grew up.  Now I've been told by my mother that the old house was haunted and things have happened.  I for one did not notice anything because maybe I was too young to realize it or maybe it was because our house was full then and it was too busy and/or noisy to notice things.  

I admit I have a slight anxiety when it comes to ghosts.  It's the thing I'm the most interested in in the entire world..but it's also one of my 'fears' I guess you can say.  I ghost hunt, mostly outdoors, and such and I'm ok there.  It's just on my home turf that I get the anxieties/fears of ghosts.  I'm guessing that's what these dreams are about..my fears...but it's just too often...I think something else is happeneing here.

#7 ghostly

ghostly

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 12:30 PM

ps whispered. I forgot to add that I have no history of my building.  I know people have moved in here and left within months because of the ghostly activity. We, however, have stayed here about 12 years.  

I have be wanting to go to the court house or our historical society to read up on the lands history...I have yet to do so.

#8 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 02:39 PM

Ghostly,

You're note alone, at least in having the dreams...I used to have 3 reoccuring ghost dreams growing up...one was at my Maternal Grandfather's house, in my dreams there was something in my step-aunt's closet, I was terrified of it but still  had to go towards it, each dream I got a liitle closer in the last one the folding doors to her closet burst open and there was a blinding light.  The other dream was at my paternal granparents home and it was more of a doppalganger (sp?) rather than a ghost, I had that dream for years and ususally saw it in the dresser mirrors that were in my uncle's and father's rooms (they were directly across from each other).  The final dream I didn't know where was taking place till years later...I would be running through a neighborhood of older homes or through one of the homes away from something...I found the house 3 years ago, its at the end of my street.
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#9 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 03:30 PM

ghostly, you know... i grew up in a haunted house, too.  nowadays there isn't much activity going on there on a paranormal level, but there used to be -- and it was plenty frightening to live in a great big 1907 house when you're four years old and only living with your parents!

i've long since figured out or have dealt with **most** of the ghosts in my parents house - i grew up around a number of other haunted properties, too.  like you, i'm totally interested in ghosts but i never want to actually see one that isn't in a photograph!

i really get into the idea of going to a big theater or a historic building to ghost hunt, but i'd rather that the ghost at my house stay hidden and stay pleasant.
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#10 ghostly

ghostly

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 09:39 PM

OWL
Exactly!  I don't mind going to other people's houses and outdoors to experience ghosts..but in my own house I'd rather not see them.  Hearing bumps in the night from time to time I can deal with and I'm not talking EVP's either...I couldn't bare to hear their actual voice in my home...I know they're here and that's all I need to know.  Although I'd like to find out the history of this building and it's land sometime...I'm just hoping I won't turn out anything darker than I'm imagining.

#11 ghostly

ghostly

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 09:56 PM

masquarade
;) It's good to know at least I'm not the only one with ghostly dreams.  

I went to a psychic a year or so after I graduated high school.  SHE WAS EXCELLENT.  She was my only experience with a psychic.  She told me that I see 'them' all the time.  I asked her 'who do I see all the time'.  She said 'ghosts, you have the eyes to see them'.  That freaked me out. And I seen her way before I ever got into ghosts like I am now.

I don't know what exactly she meant by that.  I don't really see ghosts..but now I'm wondering if that's what these dreams are and why they're so frequent.  She was pretty much dead on with everything else she said to me.  So why would that be totally wrong?  I don't rely on what mediums or psychics say but her there was just something 'real' about her.  

As far as the house I grew up in...While I was living there I didn't know of any ghosts.  I felt uncomfortable a lot there.  There were certain rooms, at certain times I had to avoid. Like the basement and a storage room in the attic.  Sometimes even my bedroom, the upstairs hallway and my mothers bedroom were too uncomfortable for me to go into. I would feel afraid to go there for no reason.

I only found out about the ghosts after we moved here.  I was 13 when we moved out of the house and my mom didn't want me to be afraid.  She later told me about her alarm clock going off at the wrong time a lot.  She said she'd set her alarm clock for 6:30 and it would go off at 6 instead..that is when her mother would get up, who had passed away.  She told me about seeing smoke in her bedroom at lot, tugging at the comforter on the bed while she was resting...My brother later admitted to using a Ouija board in the living room and the planchette flying off the board and against a wall.  My mother also told me when she was little, this house was the house she too had grown up in..she used to wake up in the middle of the night and see a man's silhouette in the hallway..he was always wearing a derby type hat and a long coat.

Boy, I'm glad she never told me that stuff while I was living there..lol...

#12 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 07:30 AM

Hi, Ghostly,
WOW...are you picking up on any emotions, G, is it directed at you specifically or are they maybe raging about their own
circumstances and you're getting the brunt of that as kind of a go the heck away type thing?

If I can make a suggestion, it may be a good idea to do some
research in your local paper's archives, your housemates may
be either murder victims or of a terminal illness, but that's just 100% speculation :-/
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#13 ghostly

ghostly

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 11:38 AM

whispered...

in the dreams they definately feel like they're directed towards me..like other people will go into the room and nothing will happen unless i'm in there with them.  there are a few dreams that i've stood up to them yelling at them to do something that matters, basically...and it would either stop or get worse in the dreams.  

they are hardcore emotional dreams.  there are times i wake up so frightened that i'm crying in my sleep...they're angry about something..i don't know what or why they're taking it out on me.

#14 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 06:02 PM

WOW...Ghostly, no wonder you're freaked :'( but is this in the dream or in waking life? Dream contact, as you've seen with Masque and Owlies is not uncommon given the individual or circumstance...one may have only a few such encounters-if that-in their lifetime, whereas another may experience it
nightly or several times a night :-/

It definitely sounds like they're communicating something to you and;as sometimes is the case, the message or form of
communication may not always be clear, maybe they're frustrated at not mking their point clear and it sounds like
its something significant, at least to them, so are you up for a suggestion?

As hard as this is, stay calm, spirits can feed off emotions
and may try to create those adrenal-pumping emotions in order to feed. A good idea may be to visualize yourself surrounded by Light, if you feel threatened by their reaction, try expanding the field of Light towards them, its
okay to be assertive and I think they'll get the point almost immediately.

Try taking a small voice activated recorder up to bed with you and ask questions, introduce yourself and ask their name, why they're there, if they lived there and when that was/what happened to them? Remember to show the same respect
you would for any other person and no matter how frightened
you feel, they are just people, corporeal or otherwise 8)

I hope that helps a little, be careful, Ghostly,
Whispers

#15 ghostly

ghostly

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 11:48 AM

whispered.

oh no, this stuff was in the dream.  i always show respect for the dead..no matter what.  i'm sure whoever or whatever is here is either sad or frustrated.  

thanks for the information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users