• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 04:52 PM

Okay, I totally misread that, Ghostly, but I hope you will keep us updated on your investigation
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#17 ghostly

ghostly

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 08:14 PM

whispers
I will.  I might go up in the attic tomorrow with my boyfriend and hang out up there for awhile to get them going and then take photos. If anything comes up I will definately post them.  I need to get use out of my new digital camera anyway   [smiley=cwm7.gif]

Thanks for all the info.

#18 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 08:41 AM

Good luck, Ghostly,
If I can make a suggestion, you may want to pick up a film camera as well, like an inexpensive Wal-mart 35mm, they're a
bit better at picking up anamolies and better for the sake of veracity. The digital to confirm a presence, then snapping off a few rolls with the 35 ;D

Just a thought, but good luck and have fun, G,
Whispers
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#19 AllyLoveLove

AllyLoveLove

Worm crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 06:43 PM

Wow! I just read this post and it sounds so much like me!! I, too, have dreams about ghosts all the time! My dreams take place in houses. Either the one that I grew up in, or ones that I have never been in before. I am always terrified as the ghost is never a friendly sort. The spirit is always very angry, throwing things or chasing me. Always, I am trying to get out of the house. Or it is in the middle of the night and I have nowhere to go, therefore, I have to stay despite my fear.

Just a few nights ago "The Dream" was taking place in a house that we were going to buy. I was showing the house to some relatives when I suddenly became aware that it was haunted. The awareness came before I actually saw or felt anything. Then, doors started slamming and radios and TVs were going off and I. We ran out of the house, only to find that I have left all the lights on and the keys inside. I HAVE to go back in because I need to shut all the lights off and get the keys and I am terrified!!

Why the heck do I have these dreams? I must say that I have always been drawn to anything that has to do with ghosts. I can't say for sure that I have ever seen anything out of the ordinary, except for a few weird half asleep and half awake episodes that I will mention maybe in another post. However, I have occasionally felt an odd sort of tingly, light-headed sensation when entering some new places. I have often wondered whether there was anything more to that other than me being a weirdo. LOL! ;)

Like you, Ghostly, I am fascinated with ghosts, but very much afraid of encountering one. I don't know if the house I grew up in was haunted or not. But, I would often times wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, not feeling afraid or thinking of anything scary, and I would suddenly become afraid to go back into my bedroom. I remember sitting at the end of the hallway crying because I was too afraid to go back in there, but I knew my parents would be angry at me if I woke them up. Sometimes, I would end up sleeping on my brother's floor. I don't know if this would have anything to do with it, but when my parent's removed the wallpaper that was on my bedroom walls, they found some strange paintings. There was a vampire-like woman with blood dripping out of her mouth, an eyeball with a teardrop of blood coming out, and a strange sunlike object. And, in all the doorways the word "moon" or "noom" was written in pen on the inside of the frames. Weird. By the way, my fears started before they took the wallpaper down and found the paintings.

Anyway, I am glad that I found this place. I am having a ball reading everything and looking at the pics. Is there a thread for Newbies to introduce themselves?

#20 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 07:45 AM

[glow=red,2,300][move]Hi, Ally Love-Love and Welcome to GV[/move][/glow]

OMGOSH...how incredibly creepy! My first question has to be what do you all know about your parent's house's history?
Did they buy from the owners or from a Realtor? You may have to do a bit of legwork, checking out archives of your local paper and researching the deed through the Hall of Records. Interviewing neighbours who were there before you moved in may also yeild some data

I have to admit, the murals you described interest me a great deal, whether the artist was kind of morbid in an artistically ghoulish sort of way or was very troubled psychologically, either way there's a lot of possibility for
not going gently into that good night. Was that all, you recall as far as activity goes, that sense about dreading going back to your bedroom at night?

Maybe the dreams are influenced by the house you grew up in,
you know,sometimes the subconscious will block a traumatic experience out, like having the poop scared out of you and will gradually play back scenes to the conscious mind in dreams.

Ally, welcome to GV again and I hope you come to enjoy this site as much as I do

Whispers

BTW, go to the Real life board, there's an introduction thread

#21 AllyLoveLove

AllyLoveLove

Worm crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 11:10 AM

Hi, Whispers

Thank you for the welcome.   ;)

Well, the house that I grew up in, I say "grew up", but we lived there when I was between the ages of 5 and 12, wasn't very old when we moved in. The couple who sold the house to us were getting a divorce and I believe they had a son. He was probably the one who painted those spooky pics on my bedroom wall. Perhaps he was just a teen who thought the paintings looked cool, or maybe, he delved into something darker that he had no business messing with. Who knows. I never recall anything more happening other than those unexplained episodes of great fear that I would experience out of nowhere. However, my Father claims that "there is something wrong with that place". We did go through some very rough times when we lived there, both financially and emotionally. My Father drank a lot and was physically and verbally abusive to my Mother during those years. I swear, when he would get drunk it was almost as though something took over his body. His face would actually seem to change and he would look mean and evil. He also painted several awful paintings of devil faces surrounded by fire. He's not an artist and really hasn't painted anything since. My parents ended up getting a divorce while the house was being forclosed on, and we moved.

After my parents divorced and we moved out, my Father changed. He would still drink, but he never got that evil look or became violent again. He has been with his current wife for many years and he has never been abusive to her either verbally or physically. Go figure. Was there some negative presence in the house that took advantage of my Father's weakened control of himself when he was intoxicated? Or, was he simply an alcoholic who became violent when he drank, but was able to gain control of himself after the trauma of losing his wife and kids? I don't know. Maybe my dreams of ghosts haunting me are just due to having grown up in such a turbulant situation.

No matter what the case, I am and have always been drawn to anything that has to do with ghosts. I am always on the lookout for stories, news clips, articles, ANYTHING about ghosts. And, I am fascinated with anyone who has actually seen or heard them.

Oh, one more thing about the house I grew up in. My sister swears to this day that a woman came into our bedroom and sat down on my bed with a wire coat hanger in her mouth and stared and growled at her. She was only two years old when we moved from that house, so I always question whether this is an actual memory or not. But, she swears that it is.

Another interesting note. The house is up for sale right now and it has been on the market for a VERY long time. The current owners are also getting a divorce. I know this because it was a very small town when I lived there ( it has since grown) and I still have a good friend whose parents live right around the corner from the house. I have been slightly tempted to go check it out, but I am a little afraid that IF there is something negative there, it might be a little too happy to see me again and it might follow me home. LOL!

Please, forgive any typos. I don't have time to proof read. My baby girl just woke up from her nap.

Thanks again for the reply, Whispers. I will try to hop on tonight after my wee people are asleep and post an intro on the Real Life board.

#22 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 07:57 AM

GREAT BLOODY HELL, Ally!
OMG OMG OMG...where did you say the house was? I've heard of objects effecting those kinds of changes on people, in fact, there's a Haunted Objects thread on this board at least as far as the emotions and behavior goes but OMGOSH-DUDE, this is SOOOOOOO off the charts, was it a physical manifestation of a past owner, his anger and rage*residual emotion? A trick of the light played on by the adrenaline of
fear, you know, like how an angry person seems to be like 12' tall? or was it the house itself? I'm not gonna speculate but I find it incredibly facsinating and definitely worth sniffing around.

As far as the tortured artist son, sure'n its a fascinating study of the mind, was the artist a sensitive or latently aware of the energies surrounding him and was painting its history or images/memories/perceptions of the house or its past occupants that perhaps he saw in dreams? Was this his somewhat ghoulish artistic vision or was he just a bit of a nutter and that was how he actually translated objects and people?

It is of course possible that the events/people you witnessed weren't related to original owners, it could be associated with the property or a structure that once stood there, maybe a fire or some other disaster? I find it very interesting that your Da started to draw/paint as well, Ally
no matter how disturbing the subject was.

I got nothing on your sister's encounter, its possible it was a legitimate paranormal manifestation, but it may have just as easily been her sub consciously picking up on the weird mojo and just dreaming it :-/

#23 AllyLoveLove

AllyLoveLove

Worm crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 10:42 AM

Hey, Whispers

The house is in what used to be a small town, but it has since grown very much. Everything that was an open field or woods when I was a kid is now a development. The town is Avon, Ohio. Like I said, the house wasn't very old when we moved in, but I guess you never know what history the land may hold. In fact, the people that we bought the house from were probably the orginal owners. I'll have to ask my parents more about it.

Who knows. Perhaps it's just a daughter not wanting to believe that her father could be capable of doing those cruel things unless he was somehow "possessed" or influenced by some negative presence. However, I do find it odd that once we moved out and even though he continued to drink, he was never cruel like that again. And, he has never treated his current wife that way either. It's a question of the chicken or the egg. Were the negative energies already there and did they cause much of the discord or feed upon it? Or, did the trauma of what was going on cause the negative energy? Hmmmmm. I'll probably never get that answer. But, it makes me wonder.

I was also hoping that someone might have an idea of what the significance of the word "moon" written on all the door frames was. It was also spelled backwards in a few spots, too. Anybody?

I am still planning on writing an intro when I get a chance.

Thanks for the thoughts!  ;)

#24 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 08:46 PM

Hey, Ally
THAT is an excellent question and one I can answer with a firm, definite "No know!" Human emotion and the loyalty you have for your Da may have kind of painted the perception, but as you said, prior to living there and once you moved out, he wasn't as cruel or savage, nor was he drinking as much. Was it stress for living in a not quite right house*I think you said he was a skeptic*all those years? Is it possible that he was kind of influenced by the energies there?

I know how daft that sounds, but I've seen and heard of houses or objects that seemed to attract a particular type of person, OwlGoddess' sewing machine is a great example of this in kind of a positive way, the previous owner seemed to want to have another artist owning it. If we accept this as true, then we also must consider the flip side of the coin. That there are, more negative influences, anger, discord, abuse that also call or will try to pervert someone's nature to try to recreate events...whether its past owners spirits, residual energy<emotion>or even, far more rare, the property itself.

Hmmm...Moon seems likely. Maybe the writer was blaming the full moon for events*lunacy*I know, it sounds like something
out of an 19th century Bedlam, but who knows what the writer
was thinking or believed

Ally...gonna do a little sniffing around to see if I can't come up with anything unusual about Avon's history

Cheers,
Drew

#25 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 19 February 2004 - 09:04 PM

Hmmm...Moon seems likely. Maybe the writer was blaming the full moon for events*lunacy*I know, it sounds like something out of an 19th century Bedlam, but who knows what the writer was thinking or believed

[smiley=cwm35.gif] dont blame me, dont blame me, am still stuck in the attic ;) [smiley=cwm27.gif]
Posted Image

#26 ghosthunter1010

ghosthunter1010

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 01:21 AM

moonchild I told you to stay out of the attic they have no blood up there and don't scare the victims, I mean inmates [smiley=cwm31.gif]

#27 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 20 February 2004 - 02:33 AM

Hola Ally. It is very much possible that there is some kind of curse with that house. Not a curse in our normal terms. Say, if the "spirits" dwelling there are kinda evil, means, if they have had some very traumatic experiences and are pulling their "feelings" onto the living, this is quite possible.

hey, I didn't go there and wrote moon all over ;) GhostHunter, ---- seeya in the attic ;D ----
Posted Image

#28 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 05:17 AM

I have had ghost dreams on and off for years.  But they center around the old ranch house where I partially grew up.  The house to me is the symbol of my family.  It was an old adobe, built ?, that when my dad was either 23 or 25 he moved into and was given his initial land for the ranch/farm. Then in '47 when my mom joined him after they married and they had 7 children subsequently.  The house is huge as they continued to add on as the family grew. My father became a severe alcholic and of course the marriage failed after 25 years of marriage.  I was 5 at the time.  The other children were in college or high school and remained on the ranch or went off to college.  

Since my father's death and even before I always had ghost dreams of a ghost in this house.  Making me uncomfortable about the house and as I come to partially figure out the ghost represented dealings that were going on 'behind closed doors' that would eventually years later would be revealed and were indeed devastating to me.  I think I was being warned of the undercurrents of the events that were taking place by the 'ghost' in the house.  There was something there but you couldn't see it.    
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users