Photo

Not a regular Summer Camp...

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#16 cassandraxx

cassandraxx

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Um...reading, writing. I hope to be a writer some day. Journalism, yeah...<br />haha.<br />Um...i do the same crap as most teenagers do. <br />But the special thing i do, is steal like lost signs and price signs at shop n' save, and mess with the customers and employees at Sheetz.

Posted 14 March 2006 - 12:36 PM

My suggestion would be maybe that kids have drowned or something. But a councelor going mad and killing all the kids? Not very likely. It would be known widely throughout connecticuit.
Cassandra

#17 deftones333

deftones333

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 02:57 AM

I recently went to this area about a month ago, the story I have heard as of what went on was years ago the camp was a camp ground in which it burnt down and about 60 or so people died in the camp ground, me and couple of my friends went to the area, you have to walk down a dirt road for about a quarter mile then you come down to a broken down sign which says camp colchester on it, it looks like something u would see in a horror movie, theres tons of path ways on the sides of the road ways and trees overlapping over it, its pretty scary I must say, then you come to a buliding on your right which used to be a old daycare center, its all abandoned and such, its pretty spooky, then theres a pond and a huge open field in front of you, its supposly said that where the open field is is where numerous people died. my friend went there before me and in the field he said he saw a figure appear and disappear yards ahead of him, and has never returned, on my way up to the camp i sworn i saw a figure like run across pathways not a human figure but more of a shadow figure in front of us it was very strange the whole time there u feel watched, its a pretty werid place I want to go back soon and check it out for awhile longer seeing i only went for about a hour and a half, if anyone plans on going anytime soon let me know maybe we can all go together or something.

Edited by deftones333, 23 March 2006 - 02:57 AM.

#18 orb-energy

orb-energy

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Any thing paranormal, reptiles, and cars.

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:20 PM

When was camp connecticut open and running?
To know the character of a community, I need only visit its cemeteries. -Benjamin Franklin

#19 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:31 PM

Sounds like an awsome place to go investergate. Let us know if you get to go and what you find out. BTW, welcome to GV.

Dodie :weeee:
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#20 UConnLaw25

UConnLaw25

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:I am now DrCivis1980.

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:10 PM

I went to the camp last Fall with two friends of mine. Well actually that was the second time. The first time was at 3:15am. I simply took my friend up to the gate, he had no idea about the stories but when we got out of the car we both started to feel anxious. Everyone has an intuition which tells them when they are in a haunted place and they are being watched. There was no mistaking this that morning. Without a camera or other equipment we decided to leave. The second time I returned with him and another friend. This time there was no such feeling of dread, but then again it was 10:30 at night which is not nearly as active a time of night as between 3 and 4am. The orbs came out and were visible on the digital cameras and we got plenty of pictures of those. They began to come out when we got down to the big sign, seeming to come from the bushes and from the path ahead. The feeling came back but my friends were both taking pictures of the orbs coming from down the road. I have seen shadow people before at at least three differant places at other times but I have never seen a white figure before that night. I thought I had imagined it but it seemed there was a white misty figure facing down the road, standing behind us and to the right with his head turned towards me, hands in pockets. It was only there for a moment and I thought it was merely an after image from the many flashes of the digital cameras. It probably was a phony image but when I went home Something happened. For the next two weeks I woke up every night at 3am to humming and mumbling outside my window. I had been told ghosts don't follow you home and this one never came into my house and left when I firmly asked it to, but I am more leary to go places because it was very frightening and I lost a lot of sleep. I have seen shadow people before, they look like the bic man, but this may have been the first misty white figure I have ever seen. But as far as all the legends about shadowy figures down there, haven't seen them. There are orbs but really a lot of things can cause those I imagine.

BTW, the public 9-hole down the street is very reasonably priced for any golfers. Its an easy course but I like it because its all I can really afford right now.

#21 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:58 AM

BTW, the public 9-hole down the street is very reasonably priced for any golfers. Its an easy course but I like it because its all I can really afford right now.

How close to the golf course is it? I found directions to the golf course you're referring to, is it on the same street?
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#22 deftones333

deftones333

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 05:54 PM

thanks :ghost: proud to be part of ghost village, I plan on going back soon but I just got to find some people to go with, I don't want to go alone as stupid as that sounds.

camp ct is like a quarter mile down from the baseball fields on that road, theres no way you can miss it, its blocked off by a metal gate and theres a white sign that says camp ct.

#23 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:58 AM

thanks :hug: proud to be part of ghost village, I plan on going back soon but I just got to find some people to go with, I don't want to go alone as stupid as that sounds.

camp ct is like a quarter mile down from the baseball fields on that road, theres no way you can miss it, its blocked off by a metal gate and theres a white sign that says camp ct.

Hm.. I'm not familiar with the area. Next time I'm out that way I'll have to take a look. Thanks again!
*Edit-Where in CT are you located?*

Edited by angelinayorke, 24 April 2006 - 09:58 AM.

Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#24 curiousguyct

curiousguyct

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 08:10 PM

hey i have been here a few times took some photos but i havent come across anything yet. from what i have heard is that a group called the oddfellows own this property and it butts up to the hebron town facilities but i would like to return with some other people interested

#25 curiousguyct

curiousguyct

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 08:23 PM

if theres a group going email me the date and time at elementskater166@juno.com thanks

#26 Ghostseeker2006

Ghostseeker2006

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 06:42 PM

If anyone is still going, I would like to tag along. I have a video camera and cameras. Problem is I'm only 16, but I have been fasinated with ghosts for a long time.

#27 curiousguyct

curiousguyct

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:46 PM

If anyone is still going, I would like to tag along. I have a video camera and cameras. Problem is I'm only 16, but I have been fasinated with ghosts for a long time.

hey send me an email where you live and that. i got a couple ppl going sometime in the near future my email is elementskater166@juno.com. hope to hear from you

#28 Ghostseeker2006

Ghostseeker2006

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 06:07 AM

hey send me an email where you live and that. i got a couple ppl going sometime in the near future my email is elementskater166@juno.com. hope to hear from you

If we can meet in colchester somewhere, i know mostly where everything is.

#29 bad13oy

bad13oy

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:51 PM

I am from Ct and go through Colchester all the Time.. A co worker of my wifes lives in Colchester. I will see if I can find anymore Info.. Let me know when you guys go.. I would like to also tag along..Does anyone know if it is on route 85? If I was on 85 going towards colchester.. would it be on my right handside? I go fishing alot on 85 at a pond that say's no trespassing that use to be a camp ground..You could see it from the road though.. It is at the bottom of a hill..I think it is part of "Black Ledge " river or stream... I would defiantly like to come out and help.. It would be great..

#30 curiousguyct

curiousguyct

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 12:18 PM

I am from Ct and go through Colchester all the Time.. A co worker of my wifes lives in Colchester. I will see if I can find anymore Info.. Let me know when you guys go.. I would like to also tag along..Does anyone know if it is on route 85? If I was on 85 going towards colchester.. would it be on my right handside? I go fishing alot on 85 at a pond that say's no trespassing that use to be a camp ground..You could see it from the road though.. It is at the bottom of a hill..I think it is part of "Black Ledge " river or stream... I would defiantly like to come out and help.. It would be great..

Its not off of 85 actually its on old colchester road past the rec fields. if your coming from colchester it would be on the left side with a sign that says camp connecticut.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users