Oh.. thanks.. I will check it out..

#32 curiousguyct

curiousguyct

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 09:45 PM

Oh.. thanks.. I will check it out..

hey send me an email at elementskater166@juno.com if ya wanna go sometome.

#33 bad13oy

bad13oy

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 06:36 AM

Yeah I defiantly will thanks.. I am hoping to go in a few weeks or early summer. I will defiantly drop you a line. Thanks again

#34 gseekersleadinvestigator

gseekersleadinvestigator

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:31 AM

I'm going to go to the Colchester town hall and see who owns camp connecticut and see if I can get permission for my crew and I to get out there and do some investigating. You can also check out ou rwebsite at www.freewebs.com/gseekers

Edited by gseekersleadinvestigator, 22 May 2006 - 10:32 AM.

#35 bad13oy

bad13oy

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:46 PM

Not sure if it is private property.. I think it may be one of the few places.. You are allowed to walk around. But look in earlier post. They suggest who owns the property..

#36 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:19 PM

i have actually heard that there was something between the campers and that one of the campers died or that the camper had drown....accidently or probably not......I know that my mother had said something about it when i was younger......i would have to ask her what she had said........i wouldnt doubt that something happened there.....ill see what i can find..... Whirly Dude
The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross, and which to burn. And don't worry because the world will still be broken tomorrow.Posted Image</a>Posted Image Posted Image

#37 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 01 June 2006 - 01:27 PM

Me thinks that too many people have seen the original Friday the 13th, Sleepaway Camp abd movies of the like. Then when they find of a camp that has probably gone bankrupt and closed, they make up spooky stories to tell around a campfire. Stories about insane counselors and campers who have met an untimely demise.

It's the same way haunted house stories come about. How many of you remember a dilapidated house in your town when you were kids? The house became a haunted house after years of standing empty. Most likely the house just became a neglected building and never passed code because the foundation may be crumbling. But, kids always like to tell spooky stories.

I always hate the stories that spill out to neighboring properties. Mysterious homes that adjoin the property and are inhabited by evil trolls and covens of witches or devil worshippers. Those stories are the most unbelievable.

While maybe someone drowned in the lake and their spirit still hangs around the camp, it's probably not a hotspot of evil spirits. After all the current owners still allow campers to use it, right?
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#38 curiousguyct

curiousguyct

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:23 AM

I'm going friday night with a couple friends were hopefully brinning a video carera and digital cameras. If anyone else wants to come along for the investigation email me at elementskater166@juno.com and ill get ya more details.

#39 beckypooh73099

beckypooh73099

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 09:08 PM

I know it's only Sat., but did you go yesterday?? And if so, did anything interesting happen?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#40 curiousguyct

curiousguyct

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:39 PM

i dint get to go due to the weather but hopefully one of these days it will be nice out!

#41 UConnLaw25

UConnLaw25

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:I am now DrCivis1980.

Posted 02 July 2006 - 11:43 PM

Just remember 2 things if you do go: #1) Colchester is full of staties, #2) last time I went there one of them followed me home and harrassed me everynight for almost 2 weeks, not the statie but the ghost. There is a LOT of electrical activity there too, as if my friend ever gets the pictures out of his digital camera which he broke, I will have pictures lots and lots of orbs that came from all around to cling to us and follow us around. I don't have any ides why it may be haunted but there was no feeling of dread the second time I went at around 11, and a terrible feeling the first time around 3:15am.

#42 25thmustang

25thmustang

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 04:23 PM

Might try and head out there... sounds interesting and I have been through Colchester a few times!
Not a ghost Hunter... but do enjoy going to haunted places and seeing what happens!86, 86, 89, 91, 93, 94, 06 Mustangs!

#43 dreamofme420

dreamofme420

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 12:54 PM

Hey im new to GV i read this message board to find out about camp ct and we looked for a week then we found it so this is what happened

last night at about 2:00am me and two friends went out to camp connecticut. its not on 85 its on a road pretty much parallel to it across the golf coarse. we got there and it was pretty spooky walking down the trail. we got to a big sign that said "camp connecticut family recreational area Rebekahs, oddfellows and guests" you walk down a little while from the sign and you reach a pond. you can go strait and stay on the left side of the pond but that just brings you to a big sand pit you walk over a new bridge well dirt with cement sides but right before the cement side on the left theres a marsh and when my friend flashed his light over it he saw somthing in white but he was just scaning over with the flash light he immidetly flashed it to where he saw it but it was gone. there were no trees for people to hide behind but then if u curve right and walk strait a couple feet in the woods theres like a pavillian with a green roof and two mirror fire places. it looked like some one had lights strung up and there was some new stuff so some ones down there. in the pavillian/ over hang theres and old tractor that some ones trying to fix. but after that you walk back on the trail and it curves to the left and after you take the turn you just see a big stone archway with what looks like a tire iorn on the top but its a cross. when we looked at the arch way you could tell that someone had patched it up with cement. in front or the arch theres two plaques in memorial of people that helped camp ct. when you walk in through the arch theres old wodden benches two columns and an aisle down the middle and at the front theres a huge stone pulpet. around these benches theres really old really big pine trees (the whole ground around this area is very soft because of all the pine needles piled up) on one of the pine trees thats behind the benches theres a bell high on the tree. thats as far as we went because my friend started to get scared and it was 300 by then. but right next to the benches theres a gravel road we were too tired to do it last night so were going back today to find out whats down there. but what really freaked me out was when we were leaving. as we were walking back up the dirt trail towards the big sign my friends cell phone whent off and she answered it because it was her bf. this is the first cell phone ussage seince we got there she was telling him that we would call him back because we didnt want to say that nothing really bad happened while still there (you know so somthing didnt have to prove itself) she says ill call u when im home and he said "did u find it?" as soon as i hear him end his sentence i got a cold brush on the back of my nech and it moved my pony tail off of my skin then it felt like some ones hand with all 4 finger pinched together(like in a mitten) it grabbed my sholder and it just made me so cold because where the "hand" was it was just a icey grip that went to my bones. it didnt feel like it was cold hads touching me but just cold presser on my sholder it was freaky.

i still cant seem to find out what actually happened out there and why the camp was shut down i heard so many different storys if know anything about what really happened mybbyboo13@aol.com

#44 IfearNothing

IfearNothing

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 07:01 PM

Hey,

I've heard of Camp Connecticut, and I've been there. I didn't know it had no trespassing though, it's not really posted anywhere. I went with a couple of friends real late at night, it's creapy. We were wlaking along the path and there was a truck to our right that's been there forever, you could tell because it was covered in dust and dirt and all broken down. Just as my friends and I walked past it, the air compressor brakes wnet of and scared the life out of us. (FYI, air compressor brakes can only go off if sumone pushed them, or something like that). We were scared beyond beleif but we checked out the cap and saw nothing, we hung aorund for a while in that general area too scared to move, but just neded up going back home after a while... I don't think it's that bad, but hauunted things are fun to encounter.

#45 Amanda Rocks

Amanda Rocks

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 05:13 PM

Hey all! I was searching for haunted places in CT because, well, I'm a ghost buff. My house is in norwich and is haunted. I've moved alot, actually, and the majority of my houses were haunted...but that's not what I'm here to talk about.
I used to live in Colchester and I actually went to Camp Connecticut with a few friends two halloweens ago (ooh scary). Anyways, the rumor I've heard is that the camp counselors went nuts for some reason (mercury maybe?) and they locked all the kids in this 50's bus except for one little girl. Supposedly they beat and raped this one little girl over and over. I believe that story is kind of far fetched. Supposedly orbs can be seen around the gate and there have been reports of seeing a little girl riding a tricycle near the gate. The gate is right off of route 85, it's yellow, it's often open. First we parked on the side of the road by that "creepy" house (which is not creepy, normal people live there) and started walking...but it felt so creepy, the feeling was so eerie. Then we decided, since the gate was open, we'd drive down. It IS a dirt path of 85. Anyways, before this trip we had taken one during the day. There was this pavillion with a stove and grill and benches and all for heating and a porter potty and a 50's style bus and trailer. We sat down and hung out under the pavillion then left because it was cold. Then we went back that night. It didn't feel creepy until night, duh. But, again, it was halloween, midnight, it's bound to feel creepy. We brought 35 mm cameras and a video camera with brand new batteries. We drove onto the site and the pavillion is to the right of this lake, because you can take a right or left at the lake, then right near the pavillion is the trailer and the bus, then a little ways after the pavillion is the rock archway with the cross and the prayer benches. We walked over there with our videocamera, new tape, new batteries and it just flashed and died. So two of my friends went into the trailers and there was a homeless guy living in it! So if you go, be careful. We sped out of there like bats out of hell and haven't returned. It was late, our curfew was one, so we didn't venture to the left of the pond or past the altar. However, some of the photos we took did have orbs by the entrance by the gate. The only places that felt creepy were the altar and entrance. There are dumpsters around and porter potty's, so I figure it is being used for something. I'd like to go back someday but, well, i hate being outside at night, it's so scary. Don't think the feelings by the gate and altar were just because of my fear of woods at night, because they felt equally scary during the day too. Anyways, that's all I've got, someone should go to town hall and look up records of it.
Another great place in Colchester was the Warlock House. This is a house right off of buckley hil road. You have to park on the side of the road though and walk a little ways through the woods to get to it. I went during the day because, again, being in the woods at night...creepy. The house was mostly run down and had been turned into a popular party area with spray paint, fire pits, and beer cans all over. Despite the fact that it looked like the house would collapse any minute, we went in. There really is no place to go besides the basement. We enter through the bottom floor and there was an upstairs, but the stairs were all rotted and since the house is built on a hill, we walked around and the upstairs wasn't interesting...the basement though...OMG! This is truly blair witch stuff. There were cement tunnels built for miles under the properties. We had to walk through this scary dangerous hall to get to the tunnels and the first thing we see is the cement wall with a chair sitting in front of it, just like the last seen in the blair witch project. It was so friggin scary. So we sent one of our friends back to the car to grab his flashlight and he comes sprinting back yelling "the cops are coming!" sure enough a group of cops, firefighters, and EMT's come walking down. They knew it had become a popular place to party so they wanted to explore the caverns in case they got a call from an injured partygoer. So most of them knew the guy that lived here. He was a post office worker that everyone thought was strange. He was really nice, but used to practice magic...not the magic like good decent witchcraft, the magic like sacrificing animals. They said he was paranoid about armageddon and what not and built caverns all over. So I was walking with a cop and went to step on this tarp laid over the leaves and noticed darkness under it. good thing i didnt step, it was an entrance to the cave. Ten minutes later, a firefighter crawled out from under a tree that was in the caverns and said they stretch for miles. It was really weird and creepy. I don't think it would be too haunted though, if it were really haunted I don't think there would be so many people partying there. Still, dark underground caverns that stretch for miles...not my idea of a fun time. I have heard that it has since burned down, i'm not sure if it's true or not. Well, that's all for now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users