Not a regular Summer Camp...

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#61 ctcamper

ctcamper

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:59 AM

Hey Awesome forum ppl! If anybody wants go sometime soon and wouldnt mind me comming along you can email me at hntrperkins@yahoo.com. I don't get scared eaisily and I could drive. Let me know!

i went campling when i was a child in the late 70s early 80s and camp connecticut. i remember the place like the back of my hand. it was owned by the odd fellows. there were a few pavilions "the old pine hut", a small log cabin which years ago was an old coal mine. there was even an old train trussal if you continue straight down the road you come in on and cross a small blue bridge. i don't know what is left there now because it has been over twenty years that i have been there. but it was a lot of odd fellow families that went camping there during the summer months and there was even an outside chappel that one of the members built past open fields were we would go blueberry picking. when we went camping there was only outhouses, no electricity and would run our electricity off our car battery and no phones (only one payphone in the pavilion on the left side of the pond when you pull in and that was were you signed your name that and register in. once a year there was a family field day party. the pond there was where we went swimming and across the street from it we were able to go fishing.

#62 ctcamper

ctcamper

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:22 PM

not haunted just runned down. use to be a beautiful family camp ground owned by the IOOF. Camp there as a child every summer for about ten years along with family and friends during the late seventies and eighties. beautiful outside chappel for mass on sundays. it is a shame that people believe it is haunted.

#63 UConnLaw25

UConnLaw25

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:I am now DrCivis1980.

Posted 26 August 2007 - 11:51 AM

I am going to write a letter to the local chapter of the IOOF and ask to camp there this fall. I wouldn't think it to be that big of a deal but I would like their permission to spend an entire night. It probably was a nice place to camp and I would like to see the whole thing. With all due respect to the previous post, the place is haunted. I know this because i have witnessed it myself through personal observations, pictures I have taken, voices I have recorded, sights and sounds. I don't pretend to know why it is haunted or when it started. I never lie about such things and if I am unsure or believe that something is likely a natural occurrence or a hallucination, I keep it to myself. I only ever brought up the blonde man with the beard's apparition because the image was so realistic and two of my friends, neither of them told about him by either me or the other friend, described the same experience later. Besides, I have only investigated the first two clearings and twice there were no paranormal happenings at all. I know my credibility is hurt by the fact that I didn't have the owner's permission before, though I did tell the police where I would be and that I am not a vandal. Hopefully I am granted permission and the night is favorable to an investigation.

#64 UConnLaw25

UConnLaw25

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:I am now DrCivis1980.

Posted 26 August 2007 - 11:59 AM

I know how you feel though, it sucks to have a bunch of miscreants trounce all over places from your childhood, looking for ghosts and often destroying things and perpetuating blatant myths. I think most people on this site are much more considerate and responsible.

#65 Ericz

Ericz

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Check out my myspace page <br /><br />http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&amp;friendid=25457182

Posted 24 September 2007 - 12:19 PM

Hi, My name is Eric I am 24 and I live in Hebron. I live about 5 minutes from the place. I did a search for Camp CT and found this site. Today one of my friends and I were talking about going there basically to see if its really haunted. He believes in the supernatural and I have yet to decide, I am a little more skeptical, well until now. I decided to visit tonight, (spur of the moment) because im one of those kind of ppl. My friend being a chicken backed out. I decided to go it alone because I am a grown guy and I don't believe in that kind of stuff anyway so I was not afraid. I packed well and brought a backpack. I got there around 11ish, after reading up on it and going there briefly during the day I had a feel for where to go. I started off by walking all the way down till I got to the pond then I went by the field and then decided to follow the trail in the woods. I walked on the trail in the woods to see where it went but decided to turn around because it was just going forever. I came back then went around the pond and up to the rock doorway thing. There are a bunch of benches and then a bell mounted in a tree with a rope hanging down to ring it. It kind of reminded me of a church for some reason. I decided to sit there for quite a while and just listen and watch things. I was determined to tell my friend and other ppl I know that there is nothing weird about the place. I decided to give it time and just sat there quietly. For some reason I was getting really weird vibes from that place more then any part of the camp I had been to. That was hardly enough to call the place weird or haunted. Well something weird did happen.. After sitting there for a long time I herd voices off in the distance coming from what sounded like in the direction of the pond. My jaw dropped because the voices were so loud that I knew I was not imagining it. Then I thought to myself I guess some kids are here just doing what im doing so I walked down to talk to them. I stopped on the path down to the pond right were it branches off into a side trail because that’s where the voices were. I then saw a very bright blue light in the woods. The light seemed to move and be fairly close. Okay now I was starting to get worried. The voices sounded like a younger girl and someone else talking. They got quiet but the light was still there. I stood there with my jaw dropped thinking if it was some kids why would they have a blue light. It was defiantly not your standard flashlight but they do make blue lights. I realized it was 1:40 on a Sunday nite and thought it was sort of unlikely that other ppl would be down there on a sunday at that time especially. After about a minute and a half the light seemed to suddenly go farther away from me then it disappeared like someone shut it off. I was standing there watching very quietly so I know they did not hear me and get spooked. I then thought maybe its someone in the woods so I walked in because I wanted to talk to them and see what was up. Well.. there was no sign of them.. I walked to the end where it meets the main trail and then I thought to look for shoe prints because it was loose sand like a beach. I shined my big mag light on the sand looking for prints but could not find any anywhere!! Then something even weirder happened.. My maglight started flickering and then poof it stopped working!!! It had new batteries and it never did this before. Well lucky I came prepared with 2 different backup LED lights! I turned the LED light on and tried to finish looking for the prints. Within a couple seconds the LED started flickering also!!!! Now I started to get freaked out!!!! I grabbed the second LED out of my bag and turned it on to find that it too was flickering bad but at least they stayed on unlike my maglight. They all new new batteries and they were new lights so I was a little worried. I decided to go back by the pond to see if the kids had walked that way but there was no sign of them. I stood there for a few minutes thinking what to do now. I was starting to think there WAS something going on and I DID NOT want to be there alone anymore!! I started walking back to the pond heading out then I herd an extremely loud BANG on the metal shed!! I froze and did not know what to do, after I got my courage back I went to the shed and looked around for someone. There was no one and no sound of someone walking. With all this weird stuff going on I headed back because after all I was alone and I have never done anything like this so I was not familiar with paranormal activity if this was in fact real. On the way back I noticed my LEDs would flicker again as I passed the original spot then also when I passed a few other spots. When I would back up away from the spot they would go normal then when I would walk forward to the spot they would act up again. I managed to get out of there and now I am back home. I WILL NOT EVER go back alone but I am still undecided. It could have been some kids and the light could have been some sort or bright cell phone screen or blue led light. The building could have got hit from an extremely large acorn falling on the roof. The lights that stopped working could have been a big coincidence. The footprints could have been there and I just couldn’t find them. If anyone knows of ppl that went up there at around 1:30AM on a sunday nite Sept 24th please let me know so I can figure out what was going on. I really want to go back but my friends are too scared and I don’t want to go alone especially after what happened so if there is someone that would want to go with me I would be happy to go again and bring a video camera. I brought a still camera and took a couple pics on the trail in, they all have “orbs” in them but im not sure I believe in them especially when using a flash because it reflects off things and will cause them to appear. For example I took a pic of the stone door thing and I got a orb but it was from a rather large spiders eye that reflected back.

If you would like to go up there with me at nite sometime I would be happy to take ppl email me at PorterzCustomz@comcast.net

Eric

#66 Ericz

Ericz

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Check out my myspace page <br /><br />http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&amp;friendid=25457182

Posted 24 September 2007 - 12:54 PM

Here are a couple pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

#67 Pfled

Pfled

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:1. Making my son smile<br />2. Investigating and researching places of alleged paranormal activity<br />3. Hiking<br />4. Cooking

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:44 PM

Wow, pretty intense experience. Prior to about a year ago, I would probably dismiss it all to kids playing pranks, but now, I am not too sure. The load bang thing can be dismissed, but I wonder about the lights not working. That is just too "coincidental" to me.

I was thinking about checking this place out for myself, but after reading the thread I'd want to get permission to be there at night. Am I correct that is CT Staties territory? If so, I wouldn't want to be hauled in by them.

Thanks for the post.

-Pfled
"So even if you can't see it, you can still believe in it.It's easier if you lose all the things that prevent you from seeing it."-The Resistance by the Sam Roberts Band

#68 huntmoney

huntmoney

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:57 PM

Wow sounds like an interesting experience, I'd definitely be in if you want to go with somebody. I live i Lebanon, so Camp CT is like a 15 minute ride for me.

#69 huntmoney

huntmoney

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 03:54 AM

So, it's about 4:30 as I'm writing this, Sunday morning. Last night at about 11:30 Eric and I went out to check out Camp Connecticut (my first time) and it was quite an experience. At fist we went in down the entrace path and as we came to the pond we saw a small fire over by the shed, then suddenly someone (or possibly something?) got inside a truck parked up there and turned it on. At this point headed up along the left fork, past the field and onto trail that had a dead tree laying across it, so if the truck tried following us we'd be out of its reach. After wait awhile, we went back, leaving our carea gear behind just in case we had to come back, then we slowly reapproached the forck. The fire was out now and we headed back to grab our stuff. As we returned, the truck turned on again. It seemed go to the fork, then had now tail lights at all, then seemingly reappearing to a further part of the trail away from us. It was at this point thay we had had enough and left thru the path by the firld which lead to a public hiking path.

The truck was completetly and utterly silent at all times. It also seemed to just "appear" in one place and strangely wait for a few minutes then move agian doing the same thing. I cannot definitively saw what was driving that truck possibly a spirit or possibly some verry odd fellow (pun intended) who liked messing with people and was good at it and enjoyed sitting motionless and unoccupied for hous on end in the dark on Saturday nights. You be the judge. Whatever happened, it was a very strange experience I wont soon forget. When Eric went last week the truck wasn't there so I'm sure this isn't a common occurence.

I want to go again very soon, so if anyone is interested, please email me at
hntrperkins@yahoo.com

#70 Ericz

Ericz

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 10:34 AM

Yes, the truck was rather strange. It was completely quiet even though we were very close to it. Another thing that hunter pointed out when we were there is even though the truck would seem to come to life again after it had not been seen for awhile you never heard the starter that would have been audible being that close. It seemed to be all over the place and just when you thought it was gone it would reappear and we would hide and then look back as we were running away and then it wouldent be visible anymore. Whoever was in the truck did not psyically see us because as soon as we saw the lights we would hide in the woods. That was before the lights got to shine in our direction. I know sometimes during the day possibly the owner or someone goes down there for what reason I have no idea because there is not much there. It could have been him there at nite so if you go I would watch out for the silent truck!! Or go later on at nite on a sunday. I may go back on a sunday nite (like I did the first time) when I know for sure that no human is there. Whatever the driver was doing he seemed alone, there were no voices or sounds. There was a decent size fire going that had gone out over the course of about 10 minutes when we returned.

#71 Ericz

Ericz

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 04:30 PM

I would also like to say that the house next door does not appear to be anything out of the ordinaty. People need to stop adding onto the story and making it sound better. I like to stick with the facts. The house is older but it appears normal, people living there do not seem to even be associated with the camp. At this point in time I am still undecided if there is anything supernatural about the place. I am 50/50 but will revisit it a couple more times and come to my own conclusion based on my experiences and experiments there. I am doing the reasearch for you guys so if it is haunted you can know the real story and know what type of things happen there. If it is not I would like you to know so that you wont waste your time reading up about it and exploring. We all know a made up haunting is very dissapointing and a waste of time. When I am done reasearching this place and coming to my conclution I will post a full report. I plan on possibly doing Dudleytown next.

PS: Here is the house across the street..

Posted Image

#72 Pfled

Pfled

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:1. Making my son smile<br />2. Investigating and researching places of alleged paranormal activity<br />3. Hiking<br />4. Cooking

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:23 PM

Cool experience at the camp. Ghost Truck? There have been weirder.

Re: Dudleytown, I wouldn't be a good paranormal investigator if I didn't say, please do not trespass. The Dark Entry Forest Association does not typically give permission to go on their land. I don't know much about Camp CT but I do know that DEF definitely does not want you on their land.
"So even if you can't see it, you can still believe in it.It's easier if you lose all the things that prevent you from seeing it."-The Resistance by the Sam Roberts Band

#73 jason82

jason82

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Music, Guitar, Reading, ghost, some movies and tv

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:51 PM

There have been multiple postings about dudley town and webpages about it, If you get caught you will not only get fined but they WILL arrest you. The people who own that land DO NOT want you on their land and they will press charges and have you taken to jail. That means your car gets towed you pay the trespassing fees, towing fees, impound fees, and any legal costs. Its just not worth it. Ask permission worse they can say is no.
Trust me Don't Cross the Streams!!

#74 Ericz

Ericz

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 07:48 PM

There have been multiple postings about dudley town and webpages about it, If you get caught you will not only get fined but they WILL arrest you. The people who own that land DO NOT want you on their land and they will press charges and have you taken to jail. That means your car gets towed you pay the trespassing fees, towing fees, impound fees, and any legal costs. Its just not worth it. Ask permission worse they can say is no.

The reality is that almost all haunted or possibly haunted land is all private property, no one wants a bunch of kids or even adults bothering them or on their land. Think of it this way, if your front yard was haunted you would not want ppl stoping to look at it or take pix even though they arnt doing any harm. No one in their right mind is going to give ppl permission for some ghost hunt because if they do then more and more ppl will want to do it and it will get bothersome. If haunted land was for some reason open to the public and it really was haunted it would get shut down. What do you think happened to dudley town!!? It use to be public land where they let you hike and then when ppl thought it was haunted they got tired of all the ppl coming there to see it and shut it down! What I am trying to say here is basically most all haunted or possible haunted land is private property. Does that mean that it shouldent get reasearched? Walking in the woods and snaping a couple pictures does not hurt anything or anybody. They really just don't want kids going in the woods at nite and getting lost, drinking and or doing drugs, getting hurt and sueing, vandalizing the place, leaving trash there, cults that sort of thing.

#75 Ericz

Ericz

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:02 PM

New pictures.. pretty intense.. The first one hunter took they are REAL. I left the quality at 800X600 so the skeptics can enlarge. I also have the full 5.0 MP upon request. My computer keeps acting very strange and not letting me save them. This has never happened before. Everytime I go to save them I get the normal box that asks if I would like to save them. The yes and no box is blank so I cant click yes or no. I tried to exit out of the program and restart but the X is invisible, alt F4 does nothing. I also had a problem last night with the second cameras memory card and another program would not open the picture on that card. My computer keeps beeping at me..

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users