Not a regular Summer Camp...

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#1 mudgirl13

mudgirl13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Spiritual things, witchcraft, ghosts, nights, horror, psychic abilities, haunted places...

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:33 AM

Hello All.
I live in a small suberb in Connecticut known as Colchester. I recently moved back here and about a year ago i heard about this old camp in my town that doesnt run anymore. There has been many stories. One is that a Camp Counsiler went mad and killed several kids. There has also been many reports of seeing and hearing screaming children. On some accounts there has been stabbing sensations in the stomach of some of the visitors. I myself have not gone into the camp mainly because there is no tresspassing but i have driven by on various accounts. If anyone has anymore information on this mysterious camp please reply. Thanks.

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:51 AM

hello MudGirl, Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,368 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 30 September 2004 - 07:38 AM

welcome mudgirl13
...cool post...is there somebody you can contact, like the owner or something? maybe you can see if they would let you have an outting there. <_<
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#4 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Working Out<br />Music and Dance<br />And Being a wife and Mom!

Posted 30 September 2004 - 08:32 AM

Welcome! :)

Getting ahold of the owner is a good idea....Maybe they will let you visit...
Very creepy story...
"You only get 1 shot!"

#5 mudgirl13

mudgirl13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Spiritual things, witchcraft, ghosts, nights, horror, psychic abilities, haunted places...

Posted 30 September 2004 - 02:26 PM

Hello and thanks for the welcome. I should check into who owns it. Ive been wanting to go there. Actually i remeber this girl in my senior english class did a report on the camp and actually got to go there during the day. Maybe ill ask her. But i find myself to hav a bit of a 6th sense. I also do witchcraft and have been for 10 years. So i would love to do a ritual there or something. well i got to go buh byes. :weeee:

#6 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 04:16 PM

wow,that sounds scary :ph34r:

#7 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 30 September 2004 - 11:43 PM

I read on a website that it was all rumor, I have lived in CT for almost 20 years and have never heard anything like that happening. If I can locate the web address, I will post it.
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#8 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 03:43 PM

By chance do you remember the name of the camp when it was operating?
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#9 mudgirl13

mudgirl13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 10:37 PM

Yea the name is Camp Connectucut

#10 mudgirl13

mudgirl13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 10:39 PM

I dont think its a rumor. The camp doesnt operate anymore. But im going to go there soon and check it out for myself.

#11 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 11:37 PM

I found this on shadowlands
http://www.theshadow...connecticut.htm
Colchester - Camp Connecticut - in pictures taken there are many "orbs" near the main gate and near the large sign within the camp, examinations shown not be photo error or bad development. Witnesses have seen 40 apparitions standing in front of the gate, as they walked towards them they parted, letting them though, and they walked right in between them. as the got to their car the figures slowly disappeared.

and this on dawghouse
http://dawghouse.top...onnecticut.html
"Camp Connecticut is supposedly haunted. It's located in Colchester. The exact location I'm not too sure of but you can reach it by taking a dirt road off of Rt. 85, I believe. Across the street from the entrance is a house with a door that leads to nowhere. The door is on top of the house. I heard that the people that live in that house do some pretty strange rituals in the camp ground (which is no longer in use, and is privately owned), such as sacrificing animals and/or children. My friend claims she's seen skulls laying all around the camp sites, but I have yet to see this place with my own eyes."

12.18.02: Coby writes, "I would love to know where the individual who submitted this thinks Camp Connecticut is located. I live in Colchester and also belong to a ghost hunting organization. I discussed this with a friend of mine who grew up in Colchester and still lives in town and he shook his head he has never heard of "a dirt road off of 85." I have never seen a dirt road off of 85. It is a major road that runs through the center of town. I travel up and down it every day. I really have a feeling someone is pulling your leg."

12.20.02: A visitor writes, "I live in Hebron and Camp Connecticut is a shortways beyond the rec park in Colchester. You will see a sign on the left that says, plain as day, "Camp Connecticut." I heard that there is a payphone that has been disconnected from the phone lines but has been known to ring on occasion. I have never been on the grounds but Camp Connecticut is there."

10.20.03: A visitor writes, "For my entire life I've lived in Colchester CT, well within 3 miles of "Camp Connecticut". First of all, the camp is not some withdrawn, secluded place as you are lead to believe. Its entrance sits right on a well traveled road, and the gate is frequently open. The property itself is owned by the Oddfellows, a fraternal society much akin to the Shriners, who have allowed residential camping on the property. Contrary to what "Dragoon" claims, the adjacent house is not home to Cultists, but a local family with the ill-fortune of being located next to a hot-spot of urban legends. I myself have visited the camp numerous times, half of them after dark. Most of my visits have been uneventful, yet the overall creepiness of the squalid property is enough to put a knot in your back, and play tricks with your eyes. However, one occasion which still bothers me was in late March, when I ventured to the property with a few friends. We used a back trail to the property, coming from the area of Judd Brook Road. Our investigation of the area proved to be another episode of twilight hallucinations but, as we walked to Old Hebron Road on the entrance road we decided to stop once more and take photos, mostly just for kicks. Upon development of the pictures we noticed the trademark orbs of light that denote the presence of a supernatural presence. Although none of us felt anything or were accosted, I doubt if I'll get anybody else to go back with me. My best advice would be to go up there for a day and check it out, but be wary of anybody staying there, they can be a little on the strange side."

#12 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 02 October 2004 - 01:43 AM

As far as I know it was call Camp Colchester, if I see anything else I'll let ya' know
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#13 mudgirl13

mudgirl13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 12:03 PM

There is a dirt raod off of route 85 going towards Hebron. Thats where the sign is for Camp Connecticut is and there is a gate too. I have driven by lots of times. And the house right across always seemed creepy to me. But thanks for that info Ceaser.

#14 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 05:57 PM

thats doe's sound like a very active area though :o

#15 Prez

Prez

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 06:36 PM

I live in Hebron and I've been looking for some information on Camp Connecticut lately and after reading some interesting stuff, my friends and I went out there the other night to check it out. We were there for a couple of hours after nightfall, and we were pretty disappointed. After walking down the long dirt road from the gate, we arrived at the "center" if you could call it so, where there was what seemed to be a overhang, or a pavilion sort of thing next to a pond. After that, the road turns 180 degrees for about 100 feet then turns 90 degrees to the left. Right after the left, theres a stone archway with a Christian cross on the top with dedication stones around it. If you walk under the archway, there's a small area with benches for some kind of mobile church ceremony. This sight was quite spooky and gave a creepy feeling, however there wasn't anything supernatural like, just false assumptions by the mind. After that, there's a long stone road that goes into the woods more which we regretfully did not travel down due to a fallen tree blocking the way. Other than that there's nothing really out of place about the camp other than it is abandoned and run-down. And currently, it seemed it had been used for some kind of logging zone. There are many piled logs and trees with freshly emptied dumpsters and storage containers. There are no skulls on the ground, or 40 aparitions at the gate. However, I do hope to go there again to either eliminate or confirm the presence of supernatural forces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users