another urban legend

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mudgirl13

mudgirl13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Spiritual things, witchcraft, ghosts, nights, horror, psychic abilities, haunted places...

Posted 30 September 2004 - 02:48 PM

Hallo
This is my urban legend. Apparently if you pour pop rocks in your mouth and then drink soda your stomach will explode. I have done this several times lol. I even saw a show once on discovery channel where they took a pig's stomach and put in pop rocks and soda. Unfortunatly, it did not explode :weeee: . Its just another urban myth.

#2 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 03:33 PM

OMG Mudgirl! I saw that show, too "MythBusters" It was a riot! Actually didn't they finally get the stomach to explode by putting about a half ton of pop rocks in it? HAHAHA

That is a good Urban Legend, thanks for sharing.

:weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee:
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#3 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. <br><br>

Posted 30 September 2004 - 11:02 PM

I have eaten pop rocks and drank soda pop together since I was a kid. Gives you lots of burping power - that was the reason for it as a kid, to burp the loudest and longest of course. I didn't hear about the stomach exploding story until last year..... and of course I laughed.

Here's one I don't want to find out....... My friend told me in High School that if you toss an alkaselzer to a Sea Gull at the beach, they will swallow it and then THEIR stomach explodes... I never did it, it would be cruel if it were true.
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#4 mudgirl13

mudgirl13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Spiritual things, witchcraft, ghosts, nights, horror, psychic abilities, haunted places...

Posted 01 October 2004 - 10:41 PM

I have heard about the seagull one but like you i have never tried it. I dont like seagulls so maybe the next time i see one ill make sure i have alka-seltzer lol.

#5 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 03 October 2004 - 03:26 PM

lmao at the alka seltzer and seagulls thing! we just finished watching "the birds" in english after reading the story and there's about twenty out of thirty kids just screaming at the screen, "give 'em alka seltzer! give 'em alka seltzer!"
god that was FUNNY.

but on the pop rocks and coke thing. yum! love the strawberry kind and coke.
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#6 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 11 October 2004 - 11:59 PM

LOL about pop rocks and soda! That myth has been around for at least thirty years - ever since they came out. Kids were telling that one when I was a kid, and now that they are back on store shelves, the story comes back with it. Posted Image
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#7 yuna_takamiya07

yuna_takamiya07

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 02:48 AM

this my urban legend...taken from the book called TRUE PHILIPPINE GHOST STORIES BOOK 3

the story is titled:

AT THE BROADWAY CENTRUM...................

HERE IT GOES............

This was a popular urban legend of the 1980's

As the story goes, a coupe is out on a date at night, when the car breaks down at the parking lot of the old Broadway Centrum. the boyfriend gets out and tries to fix the engines but fails. He tells his girlfriend to stay in the car, close the windos and lock the doors while he goes to get help.

The girl waiting for about half an hour, notices a stange man watching from the shadows. He approaches the car and starts banging on the windows and trying to force open the doors.

Terrified, the girl honks the car horn to get attention and scare the man off. He gives up and leaves, only to return a few minutes later. He starts circling the car, holding something in his hand, which he raises to the window.

To her horror, the girl realizes that it is her boyfriend's decapitated head. Then, she is even more horrified to see what the man lifts up in his other hand: the boyfriend's car keys.

The next day, the police find her inside the car, alone, launghing and screaming nonsense, driven insane by an unknown terror.....
it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users