Photo

Re: Daddy Please Visit Me

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 1lincolngirl

1lincolngirl

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Location:x0|Downey|USA||0|0|CA,Californiax0|Downey|USA||0|0|CA,Californiax0|Downey|USA||0|0|x0|Downey|USA||0|0|x0|Downey|USA||0|0|x0|Down

Posted 10 February 2004 - 09:47 PM

Hi Christine, (welcome!!!)  
I've asked this same question when my dad passed away, 3 yrs ago.12/27/00, boy do I miss him.  I've seen him in my dreams but not as a pleasant visit just he would try to tell me something, believe me, I would give up 10 years of my life just to see and hug him 1 more time. Keep in touch, let me know how you are doing.

#2 mnemosyne

mnemosyne

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 11:26 PM

Hi,
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.  I lost my mother to cancer on 11/29/02 so I know how hard it can be.  Just know that even though you may not be able to see him, he's always there. I firmly believe that.  You carry him with you. You'll never stop missing him but that just proves how much he was loved.  It will get easier just hang in there. And if you ever need a cyber-shoulder to cry on, I'm here for ya. :P
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.Friedrich Nietzsche

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 11 February 2004 - 02:00 AM

anywayz, even though cancer took my dad away from me, I guess I have never lost him nor ever will! God Bless
Posted Image

#4 ghosthunter1010

ghosthunter1010

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 04:13 AM

I've lost both parents.  And my heart goes out to you.  Always remember that as long as you keep him in your heart he is truly never gone.  What I 've read and heard is that they do come and visit.  It could be a smell, an object moved or even in the form of dreams.  It may even be a feeling you get when you are alone.  He will in time come around sometimes it maybe a while before anything happens but when it does you will notice it with no problem.  And you will know it's him. :P

#5 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 09:47 AM

i lost my grandmother when i was in 6th grade - i'm 29 now and i still really miss her a great deal.  i always wondered what she would say about my successes at work and my good grades in school.  for years i wished that i could contact her at will.

however, even as an accomplished spiritualist and medium, i have found that loved ones that have passed on will find the right time to visit you.  my grandmother has contacted me a few times, but they were crucial times in my life when i needed her the most, but didn't know it.  i absolutely knew it was her.

your father  is out there, and he looks over you every day.  the love and care is not erased by time or distance!  be patient and carry him in your heart, and his caring arms will reach out to you one day when you need him most and least expect the contact.

my best to you, with blessings -

owlie
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#6 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 07:06 PM

Hullo, Christine,
Please accept my deepest condolances, the loss of a parent is an especially devastating blow.

Now, as far as your question goes, I agree with our own OwlGoddess, I think they continue to watch over us/pop in even though we may not feel their presence or see them.

Try this, go to a place he loved or just went to think and just talk or think about what you want to tell him and see if you don't feel that he's closer
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#7 Christine1964

Christine1964

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 08:31 PM

:P Hi all I would like to Send a thank you to all of the Villagers that Sent me a Reply about my Post. It feels good to be able to share my feelings and each one of the replies gave me strength and ideas on how to feel closer to my Father. This is a place that has a lot of love and care Im glad that i found this place of comfort, I also love reading all the posts i must log on 5 to 6 times a day just to read any new Post's( Is that Normal) i just feel so drawn to this place. Again Thank you take care Love Christine
Christine1964

#8 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 07:02 AM

*blushes*I did when I first started and still pop in to see if anyone responded to a thread I began.

This is a GREAT community, the people just kick ALL the butt there is to kick...I'm glad you joined us, Christine
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#9 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 18 February 2004 - 07:08 AM

This is a GREAT community, the people just kick ALL the butt there is to kick...

not mine, not mine *Runs for cover*  [smiley=cwm27.gif]
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users