• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 09:37 PM

The Warrens have been involved in many haunted casses from Amityville to west point, though many people have questioned if in fact they where demonisti or even haunted the two that come to mind would be Amityville and the The Smurls. do you find the Warren casses to be true,hyped up or hoaxes.

http://www.thedemono...t.net/work3.htm

http://www.warrens.net/main.htm

#2 CastleBee

CastleBee

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Art, Photography, Traveling, Reading, and Gardening.

Posted 04 October 2004 - 12:47 PM

I first read about them on this site about a year ago and then went to their site and looked around. Later I was watching a TV movie about a really strange poltergiest kind of haunting and realized it was one of their cases.

My overall impression is that they at least seem to be sincere. I suppose you could argue that they might actually be sincerely opportunistic. But, I really can't totally make up my mind about them. :unsure:

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."- Ghandi, In Philosophy

#3 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 06:12 PM

I do believe the amityville house was haunted, but at the same time I think it was so over hyped

#4 mr.skeptical

mr.skeptical

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:58 AM

I think it was all fake. They just wanted to make money off of it.

#5 CastleBee

CastleBee

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:12 AM

I think it was all fake.  They just wanted to make money off of it.

With a (GV member) name like your's Mr.S, I can see why you would say that - LOL! But, you never know. It could be that it was as Ceaser suggests; there was actual activity going on but someone just took off with it and blew it all out of proportion. I may be wrong, but I'm not certain that the Warren's can be blamed for all or any of the hype that followed.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."- Ghandi, In Philosophy

#6 little_bunny_bum_knee

little_bunny_bum_knee

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 11:02 AM

I think it was a good possibility that it was all true, but I also think they added more to it, like you all say for publicity, who knows for sure? That is just my opinion. :weeee:
Little Bunny Bum Knee, hopping through Ghostvillage, scooping up the spirits, and bopping them on the head.

#7 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 12:31 PM

Considering the current owners not only have reported no occurances, but the fact that they sued, Anson, The Lutzes and The Warren's for slander and libal and lowering their property values and settled out of court for a substantial sum... well lets just say... it casts more then a few doubts.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#8 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. <br><br>

Posted 22 October 2004 - 02:48 AM

The current owners may not be reporting anything simply because they don't want the attention.

For one, I believe the report given by the Warrens.
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#9 CastleBee

CastleBee

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 07:26 AM

The current owners may not be reporting anything simply because they don't want the attention.

For one, I believe the report given by the Warrens.

I could see that because if there actually was/is activity - opposed to the Hollywood hype extravaganza - it might be something so mild by comparison that they could actually live with. Just a thought. ;)

#10 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 09:34 PM

There have been three owners since 79. None of them ever reported anything other then curious human visitors. One family, who was admittedly in partnership with Ron De Feo's lawyer who was setting up a defence for an appeal for his client report ANY sort of incident. The subsequent owners haven't. The numbers just don't add up.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#11 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 01 November 2004 - 11:28 PM

Did any of you see the show that was on the other day about all of this? I picked it up when it was almost over & don't even know what channel it was on, but it had the Lutzs' on it. Kathy Lutz was very ill at the time because she was using oxygen.....I tend to agree with most of you, that there WAS something going on & it took off with a bang after the media got ahold of it. If anyone knows about the show that I was talking about could you please post it in a reply here? Thanks!
It's just Becca Posted Image

#12 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 11:23 PM

I believe it was on the History Channell's Histories Mysteries.

#13 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 07 November 2004 - 05:19 AM

I tend to believe there was something going on there and the Warrens were true to what they said. P do think it got blown out of proportion somewhat. I also think it's kinda weird that if there was nothing going on there after the Lutz's left why has there been 3 other families living there? If it's such a great house with no activity, why do they keep selling it?
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#14 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 11:07 PM

Its been over 25 years. Do YOU still live in the same place oyu moved into 25 years ago? Would you with the curious and rude constantly invading your yard? Your driveway? Knocking on your door, like is's your DUTY to answer all of their questions? I think the answer to most if not all of those are,

:blink: no

#15 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 05:11 PM

Mykie's got a point there! Maybe something happened but I think that the family that lived there were the magnets. Did they not have the place exorcised? Maybe it worked?
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users