• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 11 October 2007 - 01:34 PM

Posted Image Bumping for Halloween 2007 Posted Image

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#32 noff

noff

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Obviously, ghosts, but I am also very much into writing, I read a lot, enjoy really fast cars, animals and animal health, archaeology, philosophy, and the great outdoors.

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:30 AM

I love these posts!! Halloween is my favorite holiday, partly because it appeals to my occult loving side, but also because my birthday is three days later, which always made it all the more special when I was a kid.

We never had any special cultural observances for Halloween. I am the product of a Cuban exile family, and if they did anything differently in Cuba, I don't know. My parents always got the secular version in the States, and that was passed on down to me. My mom recalls trick or treating all over Miami when it was a much smaller and safer place in the 1960's and coming back with sack after sack of candy that they never had to check for poison or razor blades.

My Halloweens were always celebrated in combination with my birthday, however, and though we did a lot of trick or treating in the small north Florida town I grew up in, there was usually a costume party involved for my birthday if Halloween happened on a weekend. We would go all out to make the house look spooky. My mom threw a huge Halloween/birthday bash for my 21st birthday at which she and I earned the nickname, "The Tequila Twins". Hey, saved me from getting in trouble going out on my 21st!

Our costumes were always a combination of store bought accessories and whatever was on hand. I love dressing up for Halloween, and always look for an excuse to do so. Unfortunately, it seems that here in the UK, it's just not as big a deal as it is in the States. I'm still carving out a jack o' lantern this year and handing out candy!
My house may be the only house in England that isn't haunted...Posted Image

#33 meanderer

meanderer

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 09:12 AM

I plan on being in my Grove, talking with, and learning from, the older ones. Weather permitting.
Beannacht ort

#34 pharmacy chick

pharmacy chick

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:I love to read, play games, watch TV. Go out and socialize with friends. I love the outdoors.<br />I've always been interested in the supernatural and love to learn new things about it everyday.

Posted 27 October 2007 - 05:59 PM

I plan on working at the Pharmacy and then go home and have a nice calm diiner. I love Halloween but I have to work until 8pm so everything is over by the time I get off. Im going to be a hippie though. If anybody has any costume suggestions for me that would be great. Beings Im only 22 Im not to sure how they dressed. I am wearing an Afro though, it's going to be alot of fun! ;) :clap: :)
"Can you see the face behind the mirror?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users