• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 quiet_ghost

quiet_ghost

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 09:40 AM

I read that the Tower of London and when it was first built it laid within the old Roman City Walls. The history behind the castle is fascinating.

Nice photos!

#17 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

Uses WD-40 for evil purposes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:46 PM

I find the Tower of London to be a fascinating place. I have been there 3 times. It is strange to think back while I am there to think of all of the pain and suffering that happened there. Now it is a tourist attraction. All of those people who were torchured and killed there - did it ever run through their minds that this would one day become a tourist attraction?
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#18 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:48 PM

Oh, wow, Jeff. You stayed there all night?????
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#19 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 05:49 PM

Noelle, I didn't stay there all night, but I did get to stay until past midnight. Actually, very few people were executed inside the Tower of London -- most were executed on the hill that overlooks the complex (today it's full of houses, businesses and a Tube station).

But it is certainly a big tourist attraction there today. I was blown away with the amazing sense of history more than anything. Parts of the complex can trace their roots back 2,000 years to when the Roman put up a wall around the city.
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#20 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 09:19 AM

Staying there after dark can certainly be pretty spooky......

I looked for Tower Hill and I found a Burger King. It was by the Tower Hill tube station.

#21 susmith

susmith

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Interests:Photography, hunting, boating, camping

Posted 12 October 2004 - 09:25 AM

lmao Noelle1966
"Those who do not believe are the FIRST to be frightened when something strange occurs"

#22 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 11:50 AM

wow there have been many reports there :o

#23 Annalisa

Annalisa

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:art, gardening, theater, movies,travel,swimming

Posted 12 October 2004 - 06:56 PM

I was totally drawn to the Tower. I loved it. I think it was the Duchess of Salisbury who was the woman you referred to as running from the executioner and was finally hacked to death. Nasty. She was a Plantagenet (sp). I thought that the spot where the executions took place was very haunted. I especially felt the presence of Anne Boleyn. She may have been a big pain the butt, but she was innocent of the charges against her. Sir Thomas More (he is a Saint in our Church) Patron Saint of Lawyers. See A Man For All Seasons. It tells the story of his conflict with King Henry VIII and the divorce from Katherine of Arragon and his ultimate marriage to Anne Boleyn. He died for his beliefs.

#24 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 09:04 AM

I saw the chopping block area were some of the executions took place. I did read about the Countess of Salisbury and one of the Yeoman Warders told me about it. I've heard different versions, but apparently Henry VIII thought that she was a threat when she really wasn't. It is said that there is a haunted re-enactment on each anniversary.

I also read that Lady Jane was seen near the Salt Tower, but it is rare to spot her.

#25 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 09:07 AM

lmao Noelle1966

Sorry, what does that mean? I work on a computer all day, but I am illiterate with the lingo.

#26 susmith

susmith

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Interests:Photography, hunting, boating, camping

Posted 13 October 2004 - 09:17 AM

laughing my a** off.
"Those who do not believe are the FIRST to be frightened when something strange occurs"

#27 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 09:22 AM

Ok, Susmith - I've got it. Please excuse me for being out of it this morning. Didn't sleep well last night. :weeee:

#28 Iron And Ice

Iron And Ice

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Ask me.... I don't have time to write everything down

Posted 03 November 2004 - 02:09 PM

Nice pictures.... So, encounter any cold spots while there?
" Cry havoc!!! And let slip the dogs of war!!!"....Iron and Ice

#29 Nightangel

Nightangel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Witchcraft, reading, writing, parapsychology, astrology, astronomy, art... um... I think that's it. If i can think of any more, I'll add it on later.

Posted 04 November 2004 - 03:44 AM

I would LOVE to spend a night or two in the Tower of London... I would LOVE to have an encounter with one of those ghosts...... :D

#30 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 09:46 AM

No, I didn't feel any cold spots while I was there. It's really a great place to visit.
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users