• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 15 November 2003 - 07:36 AM

A year ago last April, one of our clients died of complications from pneumonia, I'll call him Grover, Grov hadn't been with us long and had a full check up a few weeks before he died. The Dr found nothing wrong save for age<he was pushing 50>but the day before, G kept asking to see a Dr, so an appointment was made for the next morning.

Grover was kind of reclusive, a shy but nice old gentlemen. The staff that was on reported that G stayed up late talking with her, which was out of the ordinary, at 11pm he went to bed but kept getting up after midnight, this was odd
as he slept through the night, but it was a warm night and she figured he was getting something to drink in the bathroom. At approx 4am she heard a thump, when she went to check, Grover was face down, a few feet from his bedroom door, breathing shallowly. She called 911 and started rescue breathing, but Grover died before the paramedics arrived :'(

My boss-by staff urging-had the house blessed, but staff still reported hearing footsteps and voices when clients were asleep, I chalked it up to the odd altered reality like
state between sleep and wakefulness, but felt there could be
more to it. When one of the staff reported that she felt someone was holding her down and couldn't breathe, I urged her to tell the boss and asked that he let me investigate and; if possible to try to help Grove into the Light. He laughed it off. Thurs morning, another overnight staff experienced the same circumstances, a feeling of being pinned.

This morning@1, I saw him. I was watching tv and glanced up
and saw him peeking around the corner, DUDE...a fully formed apparition down to the blue pj's he was wearing that morning! After a few seconds of opening and closing my mouth
like a landed trout, I gave him my most encouraging smile and said "Hello, Grover, its nice to see you again." He retreated around the corner and I cursed myself for not bringing my camera and recorder to work, but I think I took him by surprise by talking to him and calling him by name, after about 10 minutes, he peeked at me, I half worked on a poem I was writing while keeping my eyes on him. he gave me kind of a shy smile through his beard and disappeared.

Now for the really tricky part, convincing my boss that there is DEFINITELY a spirit in that house and getting him to agree to an investigation

Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#2 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 15 November 2003 - 09:23 AM

I would almost think that if your boss was receptive to having the place blessed, he must be at least somewhat of a believer in the paranormal.  I would think that if you promise to not be evasive and share what you find out with him/her, it would be a go.  Good luck buddy and what a great story! ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 CastleBee

CastleBee

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Art, Photography, Traveling, Reading, and Gardening.

Posted 15 November 2003 - 10:16 AM

Very interesting story and another one I'll be following here on the board.

You do realize that pushing 50 isn't really considered all that old these days though I hope. ;)

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."- Ghandi, In Philosophy

#4 s._maclennan

s._maclennan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 November 2003 - 01:15 PM

Great story! It sounds as if Grover is really looking for someone to help him move on with two staff members feeling like they couldn't breathe and all. Hopefully you can convince your boss to get some help.

#5 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 15 November 2003 - 01:52 PM

I've heard of spirits in nursing homes but this is a first for a group home...was/is he functional enough to understand he died?
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#6 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 10:48 AM

Hey, KRC...well, to be fair, I think the Blessing thing had more to do with the House Manager threatening to walk if it wasn't done. He knows I do investigations...but I think this may be a little TOO close to home for him :-/

Hi, Castle Beeing, true but there were a few extenuating circumstances, that-for the sake of Confidentiality-I can't really go into as far as his health goes.

Hi, s_Maclennan and welcome to GV ;D That's a point I've considered myself.

Hey, Masque, that's a really good question and honestly, my friend, I don't know...Grover was with us for just shy of two weeks.

Overall, I've got a lot of questions, why did he wait so long, especially since the staff that was working that shift has worked overnights after that but reported only hearing footsteps.

Is the fact that the Priest who blessed the house was Catholic and*I think*Grover's family is Protestant at all pertinent since there are differences in the sacraments?

I'm ashamed to admit the staff who were 'attacked' were sleeping, was this entity trying to wake them and they misunderstood the intent in panic?

At the risk of sounding like a total hack, where was Grover
going when he died? Was he going to tell the staff he needed to go see a Dr RIGHT NOW? Did he just want to be with someone when it was time?? :-/
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#7 s._maclennan

s._maclennan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 11:10 AM

I think the reason he waited so long is that maybe he was confused at first and didn't realize that he was dead. Maybe he's just coming to the realization now and is panicking, that's why he's "pinning" people, trying to get their attention?

Doesn't blessing only work on malevolent or evil spirits? If that's the case then maybe that's why it didn't work. Grover sounds like a gentle ghost, who's just trying to get somebodys attention.

#8 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 05:07 PM

An intriguing point,s_maclennan and an even more intresting question it brings up ;D I'm inclined to think he knew something was going to happen,Grover was normally asleep by 8:30 at the very latest and really was a terribly shy man, he kept to himself, acknowledging only a few people and that
contact was brief. But that night he was up til 11, hanging out with someone...its total speculation of course, but who can say for certain?

As far as the Blessing goes, I have no idea, I believe you're right, it kind of cleanses the place of negative influences.

YAY!!! My boss gave me the green light as far as investigating ;D 8)

#9 s._maclennan

s._maclennan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 06:11 PM

Excellent! ;D I hope you keep us all in the loop.

#10 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 02:45 PM

Will do, man, in fact,starting my investigation tonight

*LOL*You should have heard my boss when I told him...he sounded like an 8 year old who was told he was going to be the official ride tester for 6 Flags ;D

#11 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 04:11 PM

whispers - how incredible!  at work, nonetheless!  with a dear departed colleague!  how unfortunate and fortunate at the same time!

OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#12 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 04:32 PM

*Blushes*Thanks, OG...kinda makes you wish you see them, hey ;D

#13 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 06:43 AM

Stop poking OG in the ribs, whiskers!!! ;D  Cool!  YOu should make a 'investigation' post for us so we can keep on your findings.  (OHHH!  Make sure you try and get some EVPs! poke. poke. poke.)
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#14 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 02:11 PM

Hey, Hawky*LOL*I learned my lesson, picked up another recorder just for note taking during the investigation, but will toss this on personal encounters

#15 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 05:13 PM

Can't wait my friend!! ;)
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users