15 replies to this topic

#1 susmith

susmith

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Interests:Photography, hunting, boating, camping

Posted 08 October 2004 - 01:45 PM

This is a popular one in our town and often cited in literature about local ghost lore. It's called the stain that cannot be removed.
Georgia

The legend centers on a discolored spot on the side of a famous Victorian house in downtowm Macon known as the Beall's Mansion. Originally constructed by Gen. Beall in the 1800s, the house still stands today although in somewhat disrepair until recently when a local attorney purchased the site for his new law office.

Of course there are variants of the story as to how the stain got on the house, but here is the basic legend:

Toward the turn of the century, a young servant girl was betrayed by her lover. Some say she was too below his class for marriage, others say he married another girl in an elopement.

Either way, she was distraught, and in her grief, she flung herself from the second story window to her death.

The stain, of course, is said to be the spectral remains of the bloody splatter that covered the wall when she slammed into the earth.
"Those who do not believe are the FIRST to be frightened when something strange occurs"

#2 v-huntley

v-huntley

Provides a GREAT example!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Interests:superstitions, cryptzoology, ghosts and anything else paranormal.

Posted 08 October 2004 - 01:47 PM

u should try to get a pic of it
Posted Image Posted Image

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 08 October 2004 - 01:48 PM

Interesting! But couldn't they conduct some scientific tests on the stain?
Posted Image

#4 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. <br><br>

Posted 08 October 2004 - 02:35 PM

Just the second story? Could barely break an arm or leg from that height... must have fell on her head and splattered her brains everywhere.....

I agree... get a test to see if any real human blood is in that stain, if it COULD be gotten..... hard to say after all these years..... Do a Ouija board session over the stain....

:lol:
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#5 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 02:45 PM

Ohhh good one Sus! I will have to do some further investigation on that one. I would think that modern day forensics could indentify easily if it was blood, but just try saying to a Forencisist, "hey can you check this stain on my house to see if it is the blood of a ghost?"

Hee!

Have you seen it, and if so, what does it look like? What is the house built out of where the stain is?

I will look into it!

:lol: :D :D
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#6 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Working Out<br />Music and Dance<br />And Being a wife and Mom!

Posted 08 October 2004 - 02:52 PM

2nd story? :lol:
"You only get 1 shot!"

#7 Daewen

Daewen

Thinks Smilies Taste Like Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 10 October 2004 - 03:14 PM

I've heard about a stain at a college campus in Athens, Ohio...this girl got shot while she was looking out the window and there is still a stain where her body was laying when she was shot...has anyone else heard about this?
http://myworld.ebay....riakuroneko0489 Buy my clothes! Take a look.

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

#8 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 11:23 AM

I've heard about a stain at a college campus in Athens, Ohio...this girl got shot while she was looking out the window and there is still a stain where her body was laying when she was shot...has anyone else heard about this?

I read about that, too. It's located at The Ridges in Athens, when it used to care for the mentally retarded and disbled. Apparently, this is a true story, only the woman wasn't shot. She wandered around, got lost, and locked herself in the room, where she later died from natural causes (heart failure, I think).

Here's a link, with the gruesome picture of the stain:

http://www.geocities...stain_page.html
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#9 v-huntley

v-huntley

Provides a GREAT example!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Interests:superstitions, cryptzoology, ghosts and anything else paranormal.

Posted 11 October 2004 - 11:24 AM

wow, that is creepy
Posted Image Posted Image

#10 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 11 October 2004 - 11:40 AM

That is some picture/story! Poor Martha...

There is a castle in England with a story attached that the lord of the mannor discovered his wife and her lover and killed the man, and locked her up. Something like that. THere is supposed to be a blood stain on a carpet that comes back after it's cleaned. I'll have to check around to see if I can find mor info on it...
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#11 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 01:08 PM

I can't get to that link to read the story...hmmmm

I have one question, if she died of natural causes like a heart attack, then why would there be a "blood-like" stain there? Sounds fishy...

Further investigation is due!

:) :weeee: :weeee:
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#12 gjross74

gjross74

Senior Villager

• NMPI
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Well for the most part, NMPI is what I spend most of my time working on. Mostly research lately. But outside of that, cars, car audio, and anything to do with racing.

Posted 11 October 2004 - 01:27 PM

These stories sound very interesting, and I can't wait to see what other information you can find out about these places. I haven't gotten to check out the pictures yet, but as soon as I can check them out, I will let you know what I think of those.
OK, SO I MAY BE OUT OF MY MIND! YOU JUST GOTTA WORK WITH ME HERE! --THE RESEARCH GOD! -- NMPI

#13 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 01:56 PM

I have one question, if she died of natural causes like a heart attack, then why would there be a "blood-like" stain there? Sounds fishy...

It's not a blood stain. What happened is that her body was left lying on the cement floor for several weeks, decomposing. The fluids caused a permanent stain, in the shape of an outline of her body.

Gross.
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#14 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 11 October 2004 - 01:57 PM

opppps! that is sad! no wonder there is a haunting!
Posted Image

#15 Daewen

Daewen

Thinks Smilies Taste Like Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:13 PM

isn't anyone who touches the stain supposed to be cursed or something like that?
http://myworld.ebay....riakuroneko0489 Buy my clothes! Take a look.

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users