• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 10:35 AM

I was watching Mythbusters yesterday, they were trying to debunk the legend that fillings can transmit some kind of radio signal. Well, they basically did debunk it but said there was a chance that someone could experience some kind of small signal.

Anyways, I got to thinking, maybe fillings (and I'm talking the old silver kind!) had some kind of quality that acted like a radio transmitter to the paranormal. So help me debunk this thought or not by taking my poll! [smiley=cwm12.gif]
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#2 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 10:38 AM

Hi,Bridget,
Not even a cavity but a candy store full of paranormal experiences ;D
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#3 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 10:41 AM

Was a sensitive before they started filling my cavities.  
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#4 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 10:46 AM

Whispers I see your big toothy grin there!  And Hawkers is just out to debunk me, hahaha!

I still think it could be possible....
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#5 hippiecowboyco

hippiecowboyco

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 10:50 AM

Voted  As "fillings...paranormal exp."

Had experiences long before fillings (first fillings were 3 years ago, nigh on 30 years after known paranormal experiences, including 'voices').

Had an MRI on a knee 9 years ago, with a Titanium screw and crown in my jaw.  Although I only went into the MRI chamber to my abdomen, but had excruatiating headaches and "tinitus" for days(including picking up radio signals ((FM)) tested by turning on the radio and it matched what was going on inside my head).

Have a student with epilepsy, who just had an MRI, etc. check up and experienced much the same phenomena(his fillings are only a year or two older than mine).

Don't know much about Silver fillings.
"Itso-ye"

#6 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 01:28 PM

no fillings, no dental work of ANY kind... still have had a short lifetime chock full of paranormal goings-on!

my dad, however, has four solid stainless steel bridges and always claimed he had more intense dreams about dead relatives after he had the bridges installed around 1995.

i say, aside from my dad looking marginally like the TERMINATOR with his metal teeth and all, there's absolutely no correlation. :)
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#7 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 12:23 AM

hmm.. it is an interesting theory...

another thing I've wondered, if blood iron content has anything to do with it.... I've always had a high iron count.... my brother, who has bouts of aniema, seems to lose his sight, when his anemia acts up... anyone else have anything like this happen?

#8 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 28 January 2004 - 01:56 AM

no fillings :) have encounter ;)
Posted Image

#9 lmackey

lmackey

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 06:25 AM

I do have fillings and have paranormal experiences, but on the other hand my husband has never had a tooth filled (makes me sick, that his teeth are so good)  He had MANY experiences as a child, now that he is older he is quick to find some unrealistic explination, but his mother told me of his childhood experiences.

As far as iron, I don't see that---I am severly anemic (spell) and I have a strong sensitivity.
lmackey, the (Ghost) Village Idiot

#10 CastleBee

CastleBee

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Art, Photography, Traveling, Reading, and Gardening.

Posted 28 January 2004 - 11:00 AM

I voted fillings with paranormal experiences...but feel the need to explain what I was considering paranormal. I haven't seen ghosts, or orbs or apparitions but I have had several very meaningful dreams and what might be termed "visions" (my mother and her mother had the same kinds of dreams). I have also had silver fillings since childhood. Most have now been replaced with white enamel however.  

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."- Ghandi, In Philosophy

#11 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 11:37 AM

Hi CastleBeing, thanks for your vote! I guess I should have phrased the poll are you a sensitive? That would encompass all kind of things.

Looks like no fillings is in the lead, but my myth is not completely busted yet!

BTW, Castle, love your avatar!

#12 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 28 January 2004 - 11:50 AM

I am pushing 40 with never a filling of any kind.  I have had plenty of paranormal experiences without them.  I don't think that they have any connection to the paranormal or being sensative at all. [smiley=cwm1.gif]
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 01:12 PM

OK KFC (get the name thing , hahah?), I guess that pretty much debunks my myth! It was just a thought... Glad though to see people took the poll to help eliminate that possibility!

#14 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 01:20 PM

I have fillings and have possibly ( I say possibly as I have no proof) had experiences.  I do however, feel that it does not have any tie.
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#15 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 01:34 PM

Well, we're neck and neck now....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users