17 replies to this topic

#1 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 09:57 AM

Okay,what do you all think?

While its translation from the German is "noisey ghost" but is this strange phenomonon really indicative of ghost or spirit activity?

Poltergeists seem to be linked to adolescents, have been known for simply being noisy*banging on walls, slamming doors/cupboards or drawers*to actual physical assault, pinching, even shoving someone down stairs. Now, since this entity does seem to attach itself to teens and pre-teens, a
very tumultuous time with rampant emotional upheaval due to skyrocketing hormone levels where love and hate are separated by only a knife's blade, you have to ask yourself why them. Spirits do feed off of certain emotions so any passing spook may be tempted to stop in for a quick bite if the emotionally supercharged teen passes their usual haunt and they may even follow them around, but would the level of
activity reflect the mood or internal conflict so closely?

My own interpretation, based on what I've read, is that they're not spirits in a sense we understand as the activity
disappears when the teen gets counseling...so what do the rest of you think?
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#2 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 11:32 AM

Yes.  I've had a conversation on that before on here somwhere.  Kind of has to do with classifications of types of haunts and the like.  Think of it this way.

You have knowledge of one ghost in your house.  The ghost stomps around, makes a lot of noise, likes to slam doors and move things.  Sounds like a PG right?  Same ghost will show itself to you, move from room to room, says things, and seems to just give you a sense of "being there".  Same ghost can interact with your investigation equipment very proficiently, and seems to want interaction period.  The same ghost can talk to a sensitive or hear/head the requests of a sensitve.  The same ghost gets mad at you for doing something and throws a dish at you, hitting you in the head.

At what point is it an ecto? A ghost? a Spectre? a PG?  When you can uniquely identify the events as different emotions or moods of the same identifiable spirit, when does it become one type of ghost or thing, over another?

Spirits have different ranges of abilities and strengths just like real people.  One may not be energetic enough, motivated enough, or powerful enough, or coherant enough to slam that door or to throw something and then stomp on out of the room.  So why classify them?  It's more a type of activity, but it still is misleading.  

One thing about ADolecent females causing the activity.  How can a home or apartment have the same kind of "PG" activity yet any and all previous owners experienced the same things, yet none had children?

I think it's constraining and possibly insulting to a spirit to classify it as one thing, then another 10 minutes later.  Though we kind of do that in the here and now to people ot types of people don't we?  I guess it's just an extension into the afterlife... like calling someone a "metrosexual" LOLOLOOLOLOL!!! *coughs, weezes and passes out of silliness*
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#3 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 01:02 PM

yes, yes yes!  i agree with mr akthra once again!  

spirits can mainfest in similar ways to PGs, and are not always drawn to children / young women... i think that the concept of PGs beinig drawn only to young women or teen women is as suspect a theory as those being floated around during the salem witch trials!  once and for all, women are not magnets for mystery and evil!  (well, at least the paranormal kind, heh heh...)

however, there are people who tend to "bring out the dead" as it were... the noisy spirits and PGs perform to a tee when these people are around - and they can be young, old, male, female, etc.  

now why have the lamps in my office stopped swinging wildly??
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#4 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 01:26 PM

LOL!  did you just scare them all away? hehe.

I can find some small amount of connection with adolecent females.... It's a stretch.....

maybe, it's that they just hacve such a death grip on emotions due to all of the changes happening to themselves.. maybe, that totalyl unfiltered grip on emitions either can cuase subconsious events such as telekenesis, or it is such a treasure trove of energy to feed off of that spirits come to play.

#5 Wind of Light

Wind of Light

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Playing RuneScape is my number one hobby/interest now.<br />www.runescape.com

Posted 29 January 2004 - 03:35 PM

Poltergeists are not ghosts, I think that it just unconrtolable energy that is given off when someone is really angry...just my opion.  :)
-Du Súndavar Freohr-===================================--------------------------------------------Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here and drink what comes out"?

#6 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 06:12 PM

Hi, Guys,
Anky<C'mon, Bud, you had to know that was coming :)>So many astonishingly good points that I cannot possibly debate all of them*hides your Poltergeist DVD*While it is certainly possible that there is such a TK entity-this may also be the
basis for the incubus/succubus myths-that is linked to the dawning of sexuality in puberty*it is not necessarily linked
to gender.

I agree that there are spirits that can emulate or even outdo a poltergeist's antics or just get really vexxed with someone they're trying to communicate with and stomp off, banging doors or cupboards, even throwing things or turning off recorders or surveillance equiptment at/on an investigator. I wouldn't say its stereotyping, my friend*or maybe it is*but maybe a better term would be mis-categorizing the activity/entity.

My friend, I almost feel guilty for this, you argued so eloquently, but what I was actually thinking was a spirit/ghost is the lifeforce/residual energy or emotion of a person or event that has passed from a solid state of being...was a poltergeist ever actually alive? :-/
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,361 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 29 January 2004 - 09:16 PM

i really dunno! :)  but I think poltergiests are mismanaged energy! and not too sure if there is anything super natural associated, say a MIND GAME?
Posted Image

#8 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 11:39 PM

Hmmm...mismanaged by what, though, Moon? Its entirely possible that it is a TK ability or tk linked since its not a common occurrance at all.

#9 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 02:48 AM

I am going to ultimately cop out and say it's probably a bit of both.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO HISSSSSSSSSSSSSS BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

*dodges the rotten fruit and veggies!*

There is probably a bit of both.  Tough, I would call TK or misused energy as supernatueral.  not many of us can cuase things to go flying around becuase we get angry or have strong emotions.

Darnitall ... all of my best material was on that DVD!!! lol!

Seriously though.  You know that famous pic of a brick being thrown out a doorway?  Although the chances for it being fake are high, lets just say it is real.  An abandoned building and no one but the photographers around, I wouldn't call it a PG, but a ghost either getting attention or wanting no attention andtrying to make them leave. lol!  that is IF the pic is real and not someone standing in the builidng and throwing a brick.

Hmmm... so yo uare thinking it's emotional energy left behind?  or that, that's what ghosts are?

#10 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,361 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 30 January 2004 - 03:09 AM

TK yes, but not on the concious plane. When I said mismanaged, what I meant was that, even without the subject knowing what is happenning, the mind plays the game ;D

PS:nice avatar Drew :)
Posted Image

#11 wayne2241

wayne2241

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:Listen to Spooks R Us on the Para-X radio network, Mondays at 10pm eastern time, 7pm pacific. Go to http:www.para-x.com

Posted 30 January 2004 - 04:50 AM

I believe that it is both. Although a lot of times poltergeist activity can be linked to a human agent, many times the reverse is true, there isn't a link to a human agent who qualifies as the cause in poltergeist hauntings. I believe that the cases that can't be classed to a human agent are likely an intelligent haunting, it's not uncommon for lighter obects to be moved, just so the spirit can let it be known that they are there. This awareness on the part of the spirit of our presence, and the attempts at getting our attention, shows an intelligence and awareness, as opposed to the intense and many times destructive behavior in the traditional poltergeist case.

MRIP

Posted Image

Listen to Spooks R Uson the Para-X network on Mondays at 9pm eastern time, 7pm pacific time. http:www.para-x.com

#12 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 10:15 AM

Hullo, M'Lads, Wayne, good to see you on the boards again! I can definitely see the point of where the two-or more-types of paranormal activity can be confused or mis-categorized by investigators or not accurately described
by eye witnesses to said activity*Hmmmmmm...there may be something to that*who aren't trained observers. In fact...I don't think I can get past that, that it may well be an interactive haunting

#13 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 11:10 AM

Perhaps then, we should try to better explain each instance in better detail. Maybe then we can differentiate better?

What evidence can we collect here that we can then sort through and place into two separate groups: PG and Non-PG.

What I mean by non-PG is, similar events yet they do not fit in with a classic PG haunting.

Do we start piling up and brain storming through the things one can experience?

#14 wayne2241

wayne2241

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:Listen to Spooks R Us on the Para-X radio network, Mondays at 10pm eastern time, 7pm pacific. Go to http:www.para-x.com

Posted 30 January 2004 - 11:19 AM

As investigators we need to look at all the facts of a case, including the members of the household (age, sex, mental states, etc.), find a pattern of activity, ie. do certain things occur only when a particular person is around. These things need to be documented and my personal belief is that a cinal clasification as to the type of phenomena should be after the inestigation(s) are completed and all data and facts can be analyzed. This is why in-depth interviewing of witnesses is critical.

Also what needs to be looked at as far the pattern of activity goes is the intensity of the occurance. Is it getting more severe, less? There are other factors in play probably also, but using these ideas will allow the investigator to better know what is being dealt with.

MRIP

Posted Image

Listen to Spooks R Uson the Para-X network on Mondays at 9pm eastern time, 7pm pacific time. http:www.para-x.com

#15 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 11:24 AM

I completely agree.  It would be incorrect to try and really place a label it.  It's too much a case by case basis.  I strongly beleive in a very in depth interview of all witnesses, family of witnesses, neighbors and past residences. Argh.. i have more thoughts but can't post em yet.  Let me gather my thoughts heh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users