• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:20 PM

When we were kids, my dad claimed he could tell how many kids we were going to have. He had learned it from his relatives.

So here's what he used to do:

He would tie a string on a pencil and hold it over the underside of our wrist. He would hold it very still and it would start to move in either a rotating pattern or a straight back and forth pattern. If the pencil went in a rotating pattern it meant you were going to have a girl. Straigh back and forth it meant a boy. And the pencil would stop after each rotation, then start up again and that meant the second kid, third kid, etc.. I can't remember what his predictions were for all of us and if they came true.

We used to love to get him to do this to us all the time!

I have tried it myself to my stepdaughter, trying to hold the pencil really still. Kind of like holding an Ouija planchette, you are very still. And it's true, it either starts swinging wildly back and forth, slowly at first and then faster and then stop, or rotating around turning into bigger rotaions wildly and then stop.

Anybody ever heard of anything like this?
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#2 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:22 PM

*snickers* no I haven't, I wish I did though :huh:

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:22 PM

These are all methods of channeling the higher realms onto our plane. Tools to get answers, we believe it or not.
Posted Image

#4 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:24 PM

So Moon, what origin do you think this is?

Ceasar, I feel for you Buddy!
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#5 susmith

susmith

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Interests:Photography, hunting, boating, camping

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:32 PM

Yes I have heard of it Bridget. I did it with all my kids and it was right on the money all the time!
"Those who do not believe are the FIRST to be frightened when something strange occurs"

#6 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:36 PM

thats true moon...i have heard of this method...this is the 1st time i heard of it telling how many children you would have but i've heard of it telling the sex of a child.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#7 susmith

susmith

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:38 PM

Mine was just for the sex of the child not how many................of course we did not know about the determining of how many so we just did the sex.
"Those who do not believe are the FIRST to be frightened when something strange occurs"

#8 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:38 PM

Wow SueSmith! Where did you learn it? From you parents or grandparents? What heritage are they?

Too cool!

Well it was the stopping and starting up again that could tell how many kids. The pencil would rest, then start up again!

:lol: :weeee: :weeee:

#9 susmith

susmith

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:36 PM

Actually my parents do not believe stuff like this. It happened with some girlfriends at work. BUT my husbands side of the family (Cherokee Indian) believed in stuff like this and they would also put their hands on my big ol belly and tell me what I was having.

#10 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 06:28 PM

I heard about using a wedding band to do it, but never heard of any of it till I was at my current job which I started 6 years ago
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#11 Daewen

Daewen

Thinks Smilies Taste Like Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 12 October 2004 - 08:22 PM

Wow, that's awesome...
http://myworld.ebay....riakuroneko0489 Buy my clothes! Take a look.

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

#12 Xp0is0n0usHe4rtX

Xp0is0n0usHe4rtX

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Ghost hunting, playing flute, Foamy the Squirrel, Invader Zim, music (rock, alternative, techno)

Posted 12 October 2004 - 08:46 PM

I've heard of that before, but not for how many, just to determine sex. I never knew anyone that it worked on!! Susmith, that's awesome!!!
-X-Jessie-X-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users