Free Skins
© Fisana

Goodbyes Are So Hard

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 20 January 2004 - 04:12 PM

Dear members that I have had the pleasure of view your post and those I have not.  I am saying goodbye to GV.  The time I spent here was well worth it and I learned alot and am very glad that I have had the chance to share my experience with you.  Due to the fact that I will be going back to school this Monday and have some other things going on, I will no long be able to post here on a regular basis.  I wish all well and keep up the investigations.

Missing U All Already
IceWing

• Guests

Posted 20 January 2004 - 04:18 PM

Oh, the other reason why I am leaving is apparently someone was offended by my post.  I am not going to say any names, but let just say the topic was about stereotyping wiccans/witches.  I haven't done anything wrong except to strongly agree, but I see that it must have been a problem b/cause I was banned from the post.  I didn't know it was a crime to post your opinion.  I thought that was what this place was all about agree or disagree, but to be respected for your opinion.  I guess I was wrong.  

#3 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 04:29 PM

Bummer!  Hey, take care and do well in school!  Do come back when you can.  I got in trouble with my very first post!!! ;D  It gets better. :)  
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#4 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 05:35 PM

good to post with you!  maybe time will heal this posting business and when you have time you can stop in and post or IM those of us that enjoy good, open conversation!

take care, and GOOD LUCK IN SCHOOL! :))

go and be blessed along your path!  

OwlGoddess
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#5 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 20 January 2004 - 06:18 PM

Icewing,  I don't think that you were the only one locked out of your post.  What moderators some times do when posts get out of hand is lock the thread from everyone for a short time until people can cool down a bit.  Some posts never come back at all although it is very few.  It is a fact that when any of us post our opinions, there will be someone that doesn't agree with us and some times they can come off the wrong way and BOOM you have an argument.  I have had it happen to me also, where I have misinterpreted something that someone posted.  It happens to the best of us and all blows over.

I would really hope that you will reconsider leaving gv.  It really is over all a wonderful community to share and learn from.  I realize that school is important and going to suck up a great deal of time but you need a little mental break from time to time and I hope that you will spend a little bit of that here with us.  

If you should still decide that this isn't the community for you, I wish you only the best of luck in your endeavors!

Take care! ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 20 January 2004 - 10:32 PM

Be Back buddy! and lo! some of my posts itself were unwanted at times, but then, it is all in the game of friendship here! :) have a wonderful life ;D
Posted Image

#7 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 21 January 2004 - 11:24 AM

Come back during weekends or whenever you get a break from school.

I think all posters know that what we share is our opinion and rarely get offended.

Aloha 'oe
(May the Divine breathe a blessing upon your face, dear friend)

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#8 WhyteWatcher

WhyteWatcher

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 12:44 PM

IceWing-

My dear, it seems to be the consensus that we've all been stung over something posted online, and not just in GV either.  

Words, as you well know, are a powerful thing in and of themselves.  They can heal or wound, lift or destroy.  Unfortunately, we as humans forget that power at times.

It is my wish that you find what you seek and that many blessings heal the hurt you now feel. If ever you wish to return I'm sure there will be many waiting with open arms.

#9 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 04:05 PM

Icewings, please try to check in when you have time.
We all learn from each other.That is why we listen to everyone opinions and everyone may not agree but that would be pretty boring if we all did. I for one enjoyed reading your post.I'm am still puzzeled about the banning part ???
BB. secret
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#10 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 04:37 PM

IceWing,

You are not banned and the post is not locked.  Not quite sure why you are having problems.  I did notice that your IP address is close to one that I banned from a troll the other day, however it is not the same one that I banned, it is off by 2 numbers.

I also did a search for your member name and did not come up with anything.  Maybe you deleted your account?  Did you change anything in your profile recently?

#11 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 07:18 AM

IceWing,
I can only hope you'll reconsider your decision to not post in this community again under the circumstances of it being an IP address mix-up.

Congratulations on going back to school, ICW, my Blessings and hopes are with you and maybe you can pop in on weekends or breaks

Swift the running and sweet the water,
Whispers
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#12 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 11:05 AM

Well, I don't think it was an IP address mix up.  Although the numbers were close, they were still different.  If it was a banning mixup, he would not be able to post even as a guest.  Also, when someone is banned,it does not delete their profile.

Icewing, I am curious if you had changed anything in your profile recently?

#13 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 01:32 PM

Mrs Spooky Pants  IceWingGales never really signed on as a member, she was still a guest. Do you think there is something with that?
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#14 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 02:02 PM

Well, I don't think that would matter.  She can still post messages so she still has access.  I am quite confused on this one!

#15 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 23 January 2004 - 12:12 AM

I dont think she was a guest, I guess I saw her birthday listed here! anyways, deletion could be what happened!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users